2 Player Battledome Can Be Dangerous!

hrtbrk

While the Battledome is lots of fun, be warned that there can be permanent consequences of a two player match.

Recently, some of these items have started to be used again, so it's best that everyone knows the danger of battling. Any two player Battledome match can end in your pet/petpet permanently changing OR the permanent loss of a weapon due to your opponents equipment.

What weapons should be avoided? You want to avoid opponents using Chia Flour, Kacheek Flour, Slorg Flakes, or Eraser of the Dark Faerie.

Whoa, I didn't know there were battledome items that could do this. That seems...really messed up to say the least. To have your pet changed into a basic color after spending thousands or millions of Neopoints on them - it seems like TNT should get rid of these items.

Keep in mind, though, that these items are all single use, and, well, Slorg Flakes are 800kish, but both of the Fours are ridiculously expensive (Kacheek Flour moreso, as it can be used to give you (And others, if you choose to trust them), a free morph into a Kacheek, which is a very good pet as an whole, since it has an cheap species healer.

Then, the Eraser. It can't be gotten anywhere at this point. Not only that, but the few that exist... nobody in their right mind would pay those tens of millions for a chance to remove an opponents weapon. Less so to actually delete something valuable.

The real annoyance is Scroll Potion. It can be used to drain intelligence from a pet. This is a pain to those that want high INT for the few items that require it. Of course, they can be used to get rid of intelligence if you want to, as few low priced weapons deal extra damage against those that have too much intelligence.

It isn't one-use, like the others, so it can actually viable be used to anger people.

(Do note that all 4 of them are ancients relics. It's highly unlikely you'll see any of them around. I know I would go with any type of pet to a battle.)

Thank goodness I only do 1-Player Battledome fights.

^ this.

The general opinion around here seems to be "get rid of Kacheek/Chia Flour or make it useless, it's disrespectful to those who have spent lots of NP on painting/morphing their pets." I completely agree with that. :/

I'm disagreeing on them being changed.

Kacheek Flour is extremely useful for those that have a friend with a Kacheek, and enough funds to own the Flour.

If the Flour is stolen during battle, and used, it will not break permanently, allowing free morphing (As explained before). Chia Flour, though not used as much, could be used for the same reason. For battledoming purposes, Chia Flour is useless, of course, but if someone wants a Chia... :/

Slorg Flakes could be used to ruin somebody's petpet, but honestly, how many is willing to spend 700k for that?

The Eraser is barely non-existant, and for how incredibly rare it is, it's something unique, and is an part of the history of battledome. It was retired from the Hidden Tower just because it was an evil thing. Nowadays, it's an insanely rare object, and it's value would fall if it lost it's uniqueness. It's not like anyone, and I mean ANYONE, would use it.

If something is wanted done, I say retire Slorg Flakes. It has no viable use in battledome, unless you REALLY, REALLY want a Slorg... which costs like 2k or something.

Then, all these things that have no use are gone. Flours have a real use, as does Scroll Potion. Both can be used for evil things, but aside from Scroll Potion (Which was relatively recently released), nobody would use them for that.

The bottom line: They shouldn't change. Those that have them, either have them for gallery, or for personal use/lending, and it would be bad for them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Slorg Flakes effect is not permanent.

ONE person c-floured a UC Darigan Krawk, and now everyone is scared that they'll get hit by it. THE CHANCES OF IT HAPPENING TO YOU ARE VERY VERY LOW. If you have a baby pet no one is gonna ge you because there's no points in doing it. This almost never happens any way and when it does it's either to expensive pets or someone that a rich prson doesn't like

Atleast i was lucky that my first 2-player battle was way before this could happen.I can't believe that if you use these items they would back into basic color! They should reeeeeeaaaalllly get rid of this stuff :guiltysmiley:

*reads the battlepedia*

WHAAAAAAT?!? I DON'T WANT MY USUL NEITHER MY OTHER PETS TURN TO A CHIA OR A KACHEEK! THAT'S JUST...CRUEL! :sad01_anim:

Edited by wistiria12

i saw on the pound boards that someones UC darian krawk was floured. so sad. the person that used that item even bragged about it afterwards. fair enough that there are those sort of items available, but to use it just to up set a user is just horrible. i though neopets was a place to relax from RL.

Look guys, this news wasn't meant to scare you but to inform you. Considering that both flours and the eraser are retired you're looking at 8M+ just to be a jerk. Not too many people do that. Plus, the fact that a few of them were used yesterday means that there are EVEN LESS in existence.

The Slorg Flakes are actually useful for the slorg avatar...

I never do 2 player BD. It's interesting to read about this stuff though. I wish I had my old account from forever ago. I didn't get the appeal of neopets then, but it's be fun to see what kind of things I was up to, then.

750k for slorg flakes?

petpet krawk or pandaphant user will think twice to accept 2-player BD challenge.

the effect to the game?

expect veteran player to leave when their robot jetsam turned into blue kacheek, yes?

these weapons will kill TNT.

I'm not sure that you get the point. These weapons have been available for YEARS. Chia Flour in particular was discontinued because of the complaints.

We just felt that everyone needed a reminder, especially newbies.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw these items while refreshing at the money tree and didn't think much of it!

asdfjklhasdkfj;alsdkfja;ldkjfadfas

They were probably illegit from all the shells

And Noog, I know you were probably trying to help, but I'm pretty sure this will only scare people because the chances of it happening to someone are really really low