Now Hiring: Content Writers! Apply today!

Ian

The Daily Neopets is seeking talented writers to be a part of our Content Team! If you're a Neopets fanatic and you love writing and helping others, consider applying for TDN's Content Team. We would love to receive your application! Team TDN has been together for over 5 years now and we think you'll find that our team is uber friendly and awesomely cool. b)

To apply, check out the Content Team Application page. It has a complete list of what you'd do at TDN and an easy-to-fill-out form to apply.

hissi_dance.gif

I whip my head back and forth, I whip my head back and forth!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to read applications. :)

Also, please note that we are mostly looking to hire people who can cover Midnight NST events on a regular basis.

Yay, more team members! If you're readily available at midnight NST, there's no harm in applying. :)

*Sigh* I wish I could apply...but Im terrible at writing XD And my timezone is NST +3 so i dont wanna be awake at 3 AM /rubs eyes....out of curiosity, is TDN a nonprofit organization?

Staff does not make any money, even though I think most of us wish we do. xD (I would rather do this than work in somewhere like fast food any day.)

Staff does not make any money, even though I think most of us wish we do. xD (I would rather do this than work in somewhere like fast food any day.)

Well, Im asking because my High School only lets us earn community service if its for a non-profit organization. :P

I'm not entirely sure how TDN would fit as community service, but if your school accepts it, more power to ya... But, TDN is 100% non-profit. All the work done and time dedicated by staff is done for free because we <3 the site and/or Neo. :D

Question! I've sent in an application before (for Customization Team), I'm interested in this position as well but do I have to send in another app since you have one on file? ^^;

The requirements for each position are different, so you should apply again. :)

I already got an application prepared and everything (one or two months in the making. xD), but my timezone is EST. I'm only up until midnight or 1 at the very latest on days off/weekends, or 10/11 on weekdays (when school is in session).

Poo. :(

EDIT: It says that being able to cover events at midnight NST is only a preference...meaning it doesn't need to be met to apply. :S lol I'm confused.

Aww, I hate how everything in internet has a 13 year old rule. I'm on 9 hours or so a day, it's everything i do on the computer, but i'm only 10. :( What do i do?

(I know the answer is gonna be nothing. :()

And what Rach said. My timezone is EST, and i'm one from midnight to 1:30 A.M. (sometimes 2:00 A.M)

Aww, I hate how everything in internet has a 13 year old rule. I'm on 9 hours or so a day, it's everything i do on the computer, but i'm only 10. :( What do i do?

Wait 3 years :P

13 is the minimum age but sometimes 13 year olds can be more mature than people older than them. <.<

I sent in an application and am on until midnight NST at least 4 nights/week. I hope this qualifies. It would be nice to branch out writing things that aren't for school or blogging. :) Good luck to everyone who applies!

I already got an application prepared and everything (one or two months in the making. xD), but my timezone is EST. I'm only up until midnight or 1 at the very latest on days off/weekends, or 10/11 on weekdays (when school is in session).

Poo. :(

EDIT: It says that being able to cover events at midnight NST is only a preference...meaning it doesn't need to be met to apply. :S lol I'm confused.

You can still apply :)

Though no promises on hiring people from EST (or America in general) this time. It's not our main focus.

Basically, we have just one (very handy and awesome) content staffer who can do midnight NST stuff for us on a regular basis.

The content team to do list is always growing and we are always seeking talents to improve our content pages, fix incorrect information, improve HTML and CSS codes, write JS scripts, etc.

Dang it! I would love to apply... but I have absolutely, no knowledge of HTML :*

Oh well...

If you put your mind to it I'm sure that you could learn. HERE is a helpful site to learn HTML and similar stuff. :P

Updating for midnight events is things like updating the during the Daily Dare with the current game, scores and prizes, etc. Or for the current Krawk Island event, the new parts of that have been released at midnight too so the people who are online at midnight might be responsible for updating our guide.

I'm sure there are other examples too xD

can you be more specific about what the job would entail? I'm not quite sure what you mean by midnight events...

It's pretty much what Izzy said.

Midnight events are things that come back year after year, and a couple surprises from TNT like the Krawk Island Event. It includes the Games Master Challenge in November, the Advent Calendar every day of December, the Daily Dare every day of March, the Altador Cup in June-July. Those are the main stuff that are hard to cover for people living in America since it falls during the night for us.

Additionally, content staff members take care of visitor tickets, fix outdate information, improve the code and content on current pages and write new content as necessary.

As everyone else on staff, you also have the opportunity to take part in our staff meetings and to pitch your ideas to improve TDN as a whole. We also encourage everyone to help with secret project in progress if they have free time on their hands.

I would love to join... But then again I don't think I'm good at writing...

But the time is prefect, as I live in Singapore, midnight NST is 3:00PM at my place.

About the time I'm on TDN (unless I've activities going on, but it's not quite often)!

However, my exams are round the corner (2 weeks to be exact!),

so I should concentrate on studies at the moment (real life comes first for me sorry!)!

But I'll definitely consider applying after that! ^_^

Feel free to apply after your exams then :).

We are always pretty understanding with our staff members about real life events too. (e.g. Exams, vacations, family drama, accidents...)