Twin Faerie Blades [Neopets RP] [Not Started/Accepting]

Parry

((Yeah, you just continue on, so in this instance, your characters are just waking up and realising that they've been drawn into the game, and are now in the bodies of whatever their characters was. I probably should have checked with each of you as to how new/experienced you are to RPing...))

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and made his way over to the unconscious Faerie Shoyru. He leaned over, paw outreached, in an attempt to wake her up.

Everything Apple saw was a blur. Why is everything so... red? she mumbled to herself, squinting her eyes.

"AHHH!" Apple screamed as soon as she regained her sight, taking a few steps back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to terrify you. My name is Alec," the Lupe said politely. Apple felt insecure for the first time, even if she was with a stranger. "And my, what a fine-looking Faerie Shoyru you are."

Shoyru? Apple looked down, and screamed once again. How is this possible? She thought repeatedly to herself, looking at both her purple hands.

Apple could only remember faintly: Playing Twin Faerie Blades with her fellow Neopians, roleplaying as a Faerie Shoyru. She did not remember being in Meridell at all. The Shoyru looked around her. A Maractite Draik and a RG Gnorbu stood there motionless. Nearby, a Pirate Krawk, Pirate Chomby and Island Jubjub stirred into consciousness, all except for a Desert Cybunny.

If this is all real... Apple thought. That means... "Grace!" She pushed Alec out of the way and sprinted towards the Cybunny. "Grace! Do you hear me?"

((Btw, I'd prefer it if you didn't take control of Alec for now))

"I'm sorry if I am terrifying you," Alec apologised as he retreated backwards. Biskit blinked, as she stared at him with some wonder; he seemed strangely familiar. His fur was more a shade of crimson than red, his scruffy, pauper-like navy shirt and khaki pants clinging loosely to his larger frame. A badly forged Iron Lupe Sword hung from his waist, and was currently sheathed in a leather scabbard.

"Hang on, aren't you..." Chris pipped up beside her. Their older sister (or twin, in Biskit's case) AWF, who was more than a novice to the game, had mentioned something about meeting Alec the Red Lupe before. "...our guide...?"

Alec's eyes lit up brightly. "Ah, yes, at last! I was hoping someone would recognise me! Yes, I am your guide, and if you have any queries, I am always on hand to help you. Well, I see you are new players to the game, so let me take you through a few important pointers.

"Firstly, you may notice each of you have a purse and backpack - the former holds up to 10,000 NP in a go, and the latter is your inventory space, and you can store up to 50 items at any one time, excluding whatever's already in there. Now, Potioneers and Craftsmen -" He shifted his glance to Chris and Biskit. "- You also have a book that tells you all the possible combinations in making whatever it is you make, so get looking when you can." He paused, a smile on his face, although it was hidden by his long whiskers. He turned back to the group in general.

"Second, never let yourselves go hungry. There are plenty of food stores around the place - Merifoods stocks decent food, and if you really want to, you can always go berry picking - and as long as you can remain nourished, you will do just fine against enemies. Just be aware that foods won't restore any lost health in a fight; you will need a healer, potion or magical artifact for that to happen.

"Third, as you progress, you will grow increasingly skilled, and eventually you can start learning other areas of expertise in your classes. However, you must travel to other lands to do such a thing. Before you get too excited, I'm afraid you're restricted to Meridell for now - our trade routes and ships are going AWOL, not to mention there are pirate and assassin threats lingering in the air, so it's safest to stay here for now. We can't even access Brightvale - unless you have King Hagan's permission, they've closed off their land to their neighbouring country."

Pause. "Right, before we move on, any questions?"

((Sorry about that! :*))

"Grace!" Apple was slapping their sister in the face. Grace remained unconscious, even though it did look like it hurt. A LOT. This isn't going to wor-

"OW!" the Faerie Shoyru leapt off the grass as soon as she felt something pressing against her skin. She gasped when she found out it was a Demonic Bow that's hurting her.

"Right, before we move on, any questions?" her Shoyru ears perked up (if a Shoyru did have ears) at that last sentence. Apple obviously wasn't listening to Alec that much. She turned around, facing Alec. "Um, do you by any chance have an idea how to wake my sister up?"

((No, it's godmodding if you control other people's characters))

Alec frowned, and then turned to Chris. "I think you have enough ingredients inside to make a simple revival potion; check page 347 in your guide." Chris blinked, and then dropped his backpack; he knelt down, and pulled out a thick leather-bound book that was at least 500 pages thick. In gold writing were the words "A Complete Potioneer's Guide to Potions".

Oh, I remember this, thought Biskit as she watched Chris flick through his book. This was the complete manual, the optional extra that had to be purchased seperately from the game; she could still remember AWF reluctantly handing it over to him when he began playing as a Potioneer - the Gnorbu had to buy a second hand copy from the Shop Wizard, and it had been listed as a near un-buyable. Aside from a few scratches to the binding, the book had been in pristine condition, and it was for this reason that AWF always chose Potioneer whenever she had her friends over.

The Gnorbu eventually found the page he was looking for; he had barely stopped when Alec was by his side, and examining the list. "Ah, yes, this is very simple really..." He grabbed his backpack, and began pulling out the necessary herbs. "Don't worry ... Alana, isn't it? Yes ... well, as I was saying, don't worry, I'll replace whatever I've taken. Now, this is going to take a while, so until then, you need to start practicing using your weapons." He pointed to an enclosed field where the Ultimate Bullseye tent should have stood; inside, there were worn out bullseye targets and straw-stuffed dummies not too disimilar to Punchbag Bob.

Chris, who saw no reason to delay, left his items in Alec's care, and went over to Apple and nudged her with his snout. "Grace will be OK, I trust Alec. C'mon, I want to start training ... honestly, why did I pick Gnorbu when I said I was going to be a Potioneer...?"

((Do I play as the JubJub (Khaos) or the Xweetok (Destyny), I'm guessing the JubJub, but I want to be clear. :))

((As Evil Bunny said, Jubjub. We'll assume that you've already woken and heard what Alec has to say, so now you're making your way over to the training fields, with everyone else.))

((Parry, you can call me Ain! ^_^))

I will never trust that guy. Apple gritted her teeth at that thought. But I suppose I'll trust him just this once, for Chris' sake. With that, she backed away so that she could leave her sister with Alec.

"That's weird," she said to Chris, recalling what the Gnorbu just said. "You are a Potioneer, aren't you? So how come Biskit has that book: 'A Complete Potioneer's Guide to Potions'? Shouldn't it be you? And isn't she a Craftsman, since she's a Draik?"

((Extreme headdesk!))

By some magical force in the form of Parry, she realised that Ain was right, and thus using her GM powers, she quickly swapped round her mistake before anyone else could notice. Now that this little accident has been resolved, Parry shall now refrain from making any more meta appearances, and instead focus entirely on the RP.

"OK, did something wierd just happen?" Chris asked, before he shook his head slightly, and completely forgot about those past few minutes. "Well, now that we're in the game itself, I suppose we should get going really." He began to walk, but at a slow pace; he was really waiting for Apple, instead of going at the speed Biskit was. The Yurble/Draik was much more excited about the entire game - not in the least because she was now a rare and expensive species without paying anything - and as she neared the field, she suddenly came to a halt.

In the distance, she thought she could see five figures lingering in the arena; each of them were armed, and they certainly didn't seem like figures to mess with. She turned around, and waited for the others to join her.

((I see you've edited it! That was really funny of you! :laughingsmiley:))

Huh. A slight gust of wind blew; fluttering her wings. I must have felt something... oh well.

Apple rummaged through the backpack that Alec gave; looking for anything that captures her attention. Nothing. She stumbled upon a note. She took it out.

"Hey! Wait up!" she shoved the note back, without giving it a second glance, inside as she grabbed Demonic Bow and flew at the same time. However, instead of catching up to Chris, she flew past him, even Biskit, near the arena, where she saw the five figures lingering around.

"Excuse me?" Apple spoke loud enough for the five figures to hear, oblivious to the possible imminent danger. "My friends and I are using the arena, do you think you can all move somewhere else?"

Chris had been keeping up with Apple as they entered the ring, but Biskit had been holding back. She was taking her time and glancing at the figures; they were a group consisting of a Magma Pteri, Royal Boy Xweetok, Disco Lutari, Snot Grundo, Fire Scorchio, and Purple Zafara. All of them were armed with weapons, and suddenly the Draik had a bad feeling about them.

They seem familiar, she thought as she silently stepped in to the field. The Pteri, who was clutching onto a Curved Golden Staff, certainly seemed rather irate at Apple's cry.

"Foolish girl!" he was screaming as he banged his weapon onto the ground. "I should smite you now for your incompetence - do you not know who we are?"

"Calm down Riston," the Grundo interjected, one eyebrow raised, a hopeless expression plastered over his face. His Swift Maractite Boomerang was currently hanging from his belt, swaying in time to his body. He turned round to the waiting party, and added, "I take it Alec hasn't told you about us, has he? Honestly, when will he start doing that? He's always saying that Riston won't start smiting his pupils, but if this keeps up, it will drive him crazy, eventually-"

"I am still here." Everyone else ignored him, and they let the Grundo continue.

"Anyway, we are your teachers, and we will be guiding you through the early stages of the game. You can learn a certain amount of skills from us, which should be adequate in granting you access to Brightvale, and from thereon, you can find specially set up dojos intended to teach more exotic and powerful skills and, once you're at that stage, upgrade your classes for you." He allowed himself a grin. "Awesome, isn't it? I'm Zynan, and I'll be teaching the Rangers. This fellow is Riston-" He patted the disgruntled Pteri on the shoulder. "-and he is in charge of the Wizards."

Zynon shifted to stand next to the Xweetok. "This is Matthew, and he is responsible for the Warriors." Matthew nodded politely, his Sparkling Bonbori Hammers glistening under the hot sun. Rather than move, Zynon pointed at the remaining tutors. "Over there, we have Albert, Hans, and Loretta, and they are the Healer, Craftsman and Potioneer, respectively." The Lutari, Scorchio and Zafara, respectively, nodded and waved at the same time. While Albert had a Sun Ring on his middle left finger, both Hans and Loretta had an Obsidian Dagger each, and their backpacks seemed to be weighed down by a hefty amount of herbs.

Now that the introductions were over, they disbanded to follow their respective tutors. While Biskit and Chris were lead into their own corner by both Hans and Loretta, Zynon waited patiently, with an ever-fixed large grin on his face, for Apple to join him.

Apple tried her best to forget about the earlier incident listened to the Grundo. I have my own personal teacher! Sweet! The Shoyru couldn't help but grin widely, watching as her fellow Neopians made their way to their respective tutors. She then saw Riston nearby standing by the fence with arms crossed. He must be waiting for Grace.

Apple remembered she had to apologise to him for being so clueless in just about... everything! The Shoyru flew slowly but steadily to him, and was quite hesitant in her last few steps.

Although Apple was above ground, she felt something creeping up onto her leg. In an instant, the Shoyru was pulled down by the grass. It grabbed her arms tight too. In fear, the first thing she did was to scream as she struggled to break free. "GET THIS THING OFF ME!"

((Ok, let's assume I was with you guys and was completely silent.))

"Apple!"

Destyny rushed over to where Apple was.

"Hey, what the-"

Before she could finish, the grass pulled her into the ground by her head and her feet were sticking out.

"ARGH! I CANT BREATHE! HELP!"

When her entire body was in the ground, her head was sticking in what looked to be an underground hideout.

"What is this place? It looks like a secret cave," Destyny said, gasping for air. "Aah! Apple! Where are you!?"

((Sorry I didn't make this clear, but Khaos, Destyny is the name you use, since that's your Neopet name and we call you by that. The NPCs will call you Khaos. Plus, your Neopet's a female on the inside, even though your Neopet became a male Jubjub. Hope you make the changes! ^_^))

"Destyny? Destyny!" Apple's face went from relief to shock when she saw the Jubjub trapped just like her, except that the Jubjub had it much worse. Apple was still held on too tight to break free.

Suddenly, the earth crumbled underneath her as she fell bottom first onto the cold, hard ground. The grass that held onto her snapped off. She leapt on her feet, removing any grass or dust stuck onto her, stretching her wings when...

"EEK!" a Spyder appeared right in front of her. Correction, Spyders were everywhere! Apple screamed and without looking, she jumped, flew as fast as she could, slamming into a wall in the process. She fell back onto the ground (no Spyders there), unconscious.

((Oh, okay, so i have kind of 2 names, Khaos and Destyny, and I use Destyny, and I'm a girl that got sucked in to the game as a boy? okeedokee :P))

Destyny saw Apple unconscious. "Apple!" The JubJub tried to get loose, but thorns came out of the vines.

"ARGGGGGH! Needlesss....." Destyny fell unconscious, still hanging.

She was bleeding in many places, a small amount of blood falling into a pond below her.

((Huge apologies, everyone, for my radio silence. Now that I'm starting uni, I'm in a house with no *stable* internet until mid-October. I'm currently using a wifi service to get on, but I won't be logging on for a while as I am a little nervous about the fact that the wifi I'm using is telling me that other users can potentially see my info, hence why I won't be logging on for long periods of time. Anyway, hopefully this RP post will be adequate enough to keep you going for a while))

Zynon sighed as he called out for Riston; the Pteri, seeing as two of their party members were in trouble, grumbled under his breath as he waved his staff. Immediately, the vines shrunk back into the earth, leaving a very breathless Apple and equally unconscious Destyny alone. Albert casually strode over to his pupil, patting Riston on the shoulder as he did so; the latter shook him off grumpily, clearly unimpressed with the fact that his only student had not yet turned up.

"Come on Destyny, wakey wakey," said the Lutari as he waved his ring in rapid circles over the Jubjub's face. His spell did the trick, and he knelt by his pupil, patiently waiting for him to wake up first. Zynon grabbed Apple's hand and dragged her to one of the bullseye targets.

"That was close," he said in his usual relaxed tone. However, there were lines on his forehead. "You know, that hasn't really happened before, not since that team of Treasure Keepers came here by mistake - *ahem* - but that shouldn't have happened." He shook his head, smoothing his wrinkles in the process. He clapped his hands loudly, and turned to the Shoyru with a wide, friendly beam on his face. "Now, I need to teach you everything about being a Ranger, don't I? Yes, yes ... well, I want to see how your archery skills are." Pause. "Go on, start firing, don't be shy."

Meanwhile, once Albert's pupil had woken and recovered from all their wounds, he began to nitpick him, in a manner that was just as casual as Zynon's, on the finer details of healing his teammates. "Right, I see you have a ring, that's good - rings are probably better, less likely to loose or drop them on your adventure - now, try using your ring to heal this dummy." He pointed at the straw dummy that was before them; down the side of its arm was a large split. "Repeat this spell after me-" Albert uttered it, and waited for Destyny to pronounce it properly and then use it on the dummy.

As the classes went on, Grace was revived successfully by a very cheerful Alec, and as she made her way into the field to be told off by Riston, she was clutching onto some ingredients, with the intention of giving them back to Chris first.

((Hopefully that's self explanatory; whilst I'm gone, Apple will be improving her archery skills, Destyny will be using the starter spell that Albert's teaching him, and Riston will be teaching Grace how to summon and use the four basic elements, i.e. air, earth, fire and water))

((Ok, well that explains why you were gone.))

Destyny awoke to see Albert muttering somthing weird. "Wh-what are you saying?" Albert had said to repeat it. "Repeat? All right."

Destyny uttered the spell and sub-conciously struck her hand out with her ring pointing forward. "Ha!" The dummy seemed to regenerate the cut in his arm.

"Woah.. did I do that?"