Account Scammed

ramtears

My neopets account was scammed minutes ago. First, the account logged out automatically for a couple of times. Then I tried to log in and my passoword was invalid. I even google searched my pet homepage, and it has been completely altered! I've submitted a ticket to TNT. But what else can I do?!!! It's so frustrating!

At the moment there's nothing you can do but wait until TNT get back to you unfortunately :(. They will freeze the account for your protection, it may take a little while to get back.

I'm so sorry this happened hun :(

If you have a side you should check the boards to see if your pets are being traded and who's trading them.

I wish you the best of luck getting your account back!

Seems you've been CG'd or of the like.

What's CG'd?

Oh dear, how did you get scammed? I've seen some rather suspicious looking sites. Since people put their wishlists on the petpages, I sometimes search through wishlist with google. I've noticed that some have title that look exactly like neopets like "xxDrakexx got their homepage at neopets.com" but the website doesn't start with neopets.com but some random numbers.

I accidentally click on them before but for precautions, I hurriedly change my password a few times.

I don't think you can do anything for now. TNT may freeze your account to prevent any items missing, pets gone, etc. Then I think they will try to contact you and ask you questions about your account to see if it is yours. Good luck in getting your account back.

What's CG'd?

Oh dear, how did you get scammed? I've seen some rather suspicious looking sites. Since people put their wishlists on the petpages, I sometimes search through wishlist with google. I've noticed that some have title that look exactly like neopets like "xxDrakexx got their homepage at neopets.com" but the website doesn't start with neopets.com but some random numbers.

I accidentally click on them before but for precautions, I hurriedly change my password a few times.

CG'd means cookie grabbed. A cookie is basically like stuff that is saved in browser when visiting sites. You can get cookie grabbed as in like getting some information stolen from someone else. That is why it is best to clear the cookies.

yea, sounds like cookie grabbers and not really scamming. One rule of advice - avoid going offsite on any neo related pages as much as possible.

I would recommend getting addons firefox to prevent getting cged again. Mainly noscript and request policy. There are guides on how to use those 2 addons to prevent getting cged, but you will probably have to google it to find it.

• 8 months later...

I also got my account scammed, when I logged into a fake neopets by mistake! :sad02: I had 16 mil NP on my bank account...And the stupid support isn't helping at all!! (I've submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago) :sad01_anim: Really, this is so frustrating! My pets have also been sold, and spread across neopia, I mean how evil is that??

So sorry this happened :(

As for the firefox add on NoScript: FYI it makes the games unplayable. You'll get a grey box unless you allow everything on the page to go though...which kinda defeats the purpose of NoScript (the guides for it didn't help at all).

Advice with the tickets: Try and have as much info as possible to prove the account was yours. keep a word document with the info:

pet names (disowned and adpoted as well)

previous secret words (not the current one. Sadly I removed that part of my pages document and now can't remember the ones i used before i changed my word again. I do remember the one I was using before I changed it though.) [pages= mac word]

SDB items

books one of your pets has read

stocks

neofriends (include who is a VIP)

neomails (also put if you have none)

warnings received (if any)

you don't need all of them , but the more the better

Edited by YukiHitsugaya

have you tried receiving your password by email? if they havent changed your email address maybe you can change the password to something else to prevent any more damage to your account. hopefully TNT gets back to you soon.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I had someone hack my first account when I was younger. This was like 8 or so years ago (not sure on the exact time frame). I was young and dumb, and just before I got scammed I had gotten a faerie paint brush. I was so devastated and never got anything back. I just had to make a new account. Which is the one I have now.