Why would this item be hard to price?

binkygirl999

Unless the Shop Wiz has a vendetta out against me, for the second time I cannot find a single price on a Deluxe Elephante Cake anywhere, not even in the JellyNeo database. It has been out for 5 years so it makes no sense!

I spent a full five mins refreshing the shop wiz and couldn't find a single shop group with one for sale. There are two in the TP, both with no prices.

I jagged this item in the shop (I actually thought it was something else LOL) and got all excited that I had actually managed to snag a cool item, but now I'm lost trying to sell it :laughingsmiley: right now it's sitting in my shop, but even there is no interest. I had a similar problem with a jacket I bought (unless it's already obvious I'm really trying hard this time to learn how to RS properly, so am living with the constant conundrum of whether or not I can sell that weird thing I bought :P ) but I just put that in my shop as buyable and it was snapped up. Not so much with the cake.

So, does anyone know anything about it? I just find it bizarre that some items are so hard to find/price, and others of the same rarity/release date etc are so common :worried:

There might be very few in existance... What's the rarity exactly? I have no idea on the price but the only reason it would get bought would be for a fountain fairy quest, or maybe a cake collector :P So I guess it might be really hard to sell.

In your place, I'd probably just put it in my shop for 99,999 (assuming you will still make profit that way) and wait for it to get sold.

You should pop it in the Trading Post for a few hundred thousand I'd say, as there are only two on there. Definitely take it out of your shop, I think you could get more for it than that. Keep re-listing and hopefully someone will give you an offer at some point.

Gourmet foods are notoriously hard to sell. I've had a couple and I've had them for a few weeks, just hold on and someone will buy eventually :P

Well, I tried looking up a price for ya, but I couldn't find it. I did, however, buy the Meuka Pinata from your shop so I can get the avatar, so thanks for having a fair price. I hope you can sell that cake, because it is a beauty!

Thanks for your help.

Syrian I bought that last night in the shop so I made a decent profit on it. GL with the avatar!

48066 if you sell it for more enjoy your NP :laughingsmiley: I think I paid just over 10k for it, so I'm happy with that. I'm still finding my way around the higher priced items as my restocking skills have been pretty much limited to ETS on HPD and the like. Anything that isn't sold for a loss is a bargain in my books!