Full Shore Map Price

Powie

11 members have voted

1. 1. Higher / Lower Full Map Price?

• Higher
    • Lower

With the hype over the new Full Shore Map, prices for each piece are ranging from 90-110k, giving the map a whopping 900k+ total price.

I personally think it's not worth it, as you only get around 10k + a few prizes (the background isn't anything super exciting, too), and a new daily. And you can get the map pieces by yourself by visiting the anchor management daily.

I mean, the price is more than what the whole lab map is worth, and you can't even get lab map pieces daily (well, depends how much Keyquest and Wheel of Extravagance you play).

Of course, getting a Shore Map piece from AM is also based on luck, but I'm betting it's probably a higher chance than getting a SLM piece from random events, considering how many pieces are already out there after just one day.

What do you think?

Off-topic: Need a lab/spooky/treasure/shore maps guide? Go here: http://www.neopets.com/~Craeder

I suspect the price will dip sharply in the next week, once more pieces are released.

I doubt the whole map in total will cost even close to 1m, probably half that at best and even cheaper in a few months once the prizes are known (esp if they are like other maps etc where there are loads of dodgy prizes and rare good ones).

My market theory is, when the prizes are more accessible it wont be as profitable to do the daily. That combined with the map pieces coming into existence daily will make it insanely cheap.

Simply prizes deflate if there's lots in the market, and so do the map pieces, look at how treasure map pieces declined after daily dare. In this case the map pieces are released as a daily item, meaning by tomorrow there will be a map piece flood of people wanting there 100k for there pieces, when they don't get it the price will collapse. It will continue until it finally settles.

I myself plan on waiting for it to settle in price, and then buying a full set, I mean why not? Its a extra daily. Even if the prices deflate its still something for almost nothing.

I've been working with the shore map pieces, and I'm estimating the final value to be around 80K per piece, and around 700K for an entire map set! Though if you go to the Auction house they sell each piece for around 25K!! But their increasing rapidly, so I'd suggest that you better go to the auticon house, AND FAST!

its economics really. When more forgotten shore map pieces are created because players do their dailies anchor management, the supply of the piece would continually to increase, causing the price of the map to diminish. However, there is a demand for these map pieces as the forgotten shore daily can be considered a long term investment that can provide np rewards like 2k or 5k. In the long run, the daily would pay for the cost of buying the map pieces, but it could take a while.

If tnt decided to tweak the probability of map pieces being created from the daily, then that could greatly affect the prices as well. And of course, we wouldnt know if tnt has plans to do such things.

The prices have already dipped significantly in the last 24 hours. I'm guessing that at best, individual map pieces will go from 25-30k each, and whole maps around 250-300k. At most. It's likely by next week you can get a whole map for 150k.

The whole map price will depend on whether some pieces are more common than others. If any of the pieces turn out to be a lot rarer than the others, then that obviously will affect the total price.

I agree, rarity of the piece will effect the price at the end. But even still if there given out daily then they likely wont get more than 10k - 20k a piece. Or it could become like the petpet lab map too 500np a piece or less.

The map pieces are clearly becoming too commonplace for anyone to want to buy them anymore. I really think TNT should decrese the likelihood of recieving map pieces from the AM daily, so the map pieces will be easier to sell, and increase in price.