Invasion: Blastoids - Beta Preview!

Superfly

The Daily Neopets, along with all premium beta testers, have had the privilege of getting a sneak peak at an upcoming Neopets game, Invasion: Blastoids. If you're interesting at a full look, check out our unreleased game page. Here are a few previews...

blastoids1m.jpg blastoids6m.jpg

And we can't forget these awesome trophies!

1330_1.gif1330_2.gif1330_3.gif

I tried the game (to do the screenies obviously) and I have to say... it was not as I was expecting. I thought it would be similar to Slorgs in Space... but you don't get chains of combos like in that game. It's also extremely heavy flash and won't be playing well on old computers.

EDIT: By the way, you are the space faerie ship at the BOTTOM of the screen and you have to blast the invaders... when you have 3+ asteroids of the same color, they disappear. You lose a life if one of the monster reach Neopia.

I wouldn't mind if I got a Bronze Trophy from this game, I hope it's something I'm good at.

The art kinda reminds me of that space fungus game :O

I thought so too. After reading Xepha's post, I'm expecting a cross between Space Fungus, Faerie Cloud Racers and Attack of the Slorgs :S

I tried the game (to do the screenies obviously) and I have to say... it was not as I was expecting. I thought it would be similar to Slorgs in Space... but you don't get chains of combos like in that game. It's also extremely heavy flash and won't be playing well on old computers.

EDIT: By the way, you are the space faerie ship at the BOTTOM of the screen and you have to blast the invaders... when you have 3+ asteroids of the same color, they disappear. You lose a life if one of the monster reach Neopia.

Sorry if I missed it, but how do you get to try the game? I kind of want to see how badly I'll fail due to the slowness of my computer.

Sorry if I missed it, but how do you get to try the game? I kind of want to see how badly I'll fail due to the slowness of my computer.

To try the game, you need to be a premium member of Neopets, and then visit your portal. If you are not a premium member, you need to wait until the game is released... it will probably be the next New Game Challenge.

I gave the game a try yesterday. It's okay, but not awesome, imo. I found parts of it to be rather frustrating. I was spending a lot of time waiting to make shots, because an asteroid would be blocking my shot, then the comet would be moving at an angle that would prevent me from making any shots.

From what I've played so far, I'd rather play Slorgs in Space.