Post-Cup Interview: "Spikes" Barmie of Team Tyrannia

Noog

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

It has been approximately two months since the ending of Altador Cup Six, but the action hasn’t completely stopped! What happens after the trophy is awarded and the celebration is over? What exactly occurs during the off season for our hard working players? We at The Daily Neopets sat down with Right Forward “Spikes” Barmie of Team Tyrannia on the two month anniversary of the closing ceremonies to answer these exact questions.

tyrannia_4.gif

The following interview has been translated from Ugga.

Hello Mr. Barmie! It’s very nice to meet you.

Barmie: Same goes to you. I’m sure this interview will be loads of fun for the both of us.

So, let’s start by getting to know you. You were a rookie this year. Were you nervous?

Barmie: A lot of people expected me to be nervous, but I really wasn’t. I’m very passionate about the game so I just go out and do my best. I have nothing to be nervous about as long as I’ve given my best. It took me a while to ignore that yelling techo from the audience, but even his opinion is drowned out now.

There’s no doubt about that! You seem to have a natural talent for the game. In fact, some people are saying that your addition to the team is the reason for Tyrannia’s success this year. Would you agree?

Barmie: Not at all! I may come off as the arrogant type while I’m playing but that’s just because I’m focused in the game. My team acts like a unit and without the great work of everyone, our success would not have been possible.

Interesting, but enough about the cup, we’re here to talk about the aftermath. What were things like after the closing ceremonies?

Barmie: Well, we were pretty exhausted after everything was over so we immediately went home to a warm welcome. Our fans support us enough to be satisfied with our 6th place finish. The day after we got back there was a parade in our honor that started all the way in Tyrammet Village and eventually led to Town Hall, where a ceremony was held. Kyruggi gave a grand speech about how well we had done, and afterwards we all went home.

Sounds like everyone has had fun. So you’ve just been able to sit down at home and relax until now?

Barmie: Not exactly. The team agreed as a whole to take a vacation to Mystery Island for a week, and afterwards we stayed home for a month. On the 19th day of Hiding we started weekly drill sessions to keep us in shape, along with some new coaching strategies from Sabre-X to refine our play.

I'm jealous of your vacation! Is this going to be your routine until the cup returns next summer?

Barmie: Ha, I wish. In the month of Celebrating our weekly training increases, and the intensity only increases after that. Luckily for us, we get to have some free time because part of Sabre-X’s coaching philosophy is to have a good balance of training and free time with others. I wish I could tell you more, but there’s only so much I can disclose. We wouldn’t want our training secrets stolen, now would we?

It’s ok, I understand. So what can we expect to see from Tyrannia in Altador Cup Seven?

Barmie: You can expect to see a lot of improvement, especially on my part. We’ll be better than ever so the other teams had better watch out. We’ll definitely be a strong 1st tier contender. But the specifics will have to wait until the time comes... [noticing the clock] Speaking of time, it looks like it’s almost time for our Sunday get together. The team sits down for a nice dinner with a little bit of strategic talk. It’s a good way to keep your mind on the prize and unwind at the same time. I’ll be off!

You heard it right here at The Daily Neopets folks! This is Noog, signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! :D

Interview XANA next!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Awesome! :D

Interview XANA next!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Xana of Shenkuu? We already did a Shenkuu interview before the cup, so most likely our next interview will come from a team that we haven't talked to yet. ;)

Hmm, nice interview!

I would like to see Elbin Kroe of Faerieland getting interviewed.

This may be arranged :whistle:

I'm wondering what caused the spike (no pun intended) in popularity. This went a good while with barely any comments. xD