what is the best way to get the kelp avatar?

tafeltennisden

is the kelp avatar purely random, or are the chances higher when your pet is bloated and you eat 4 different foods?

i was wondering , is there a chance to get the avatar when i only buy a cocktail of 7.000 NP

or is it better to buy all 4 kinds of food (which costs about 60.000 NP each time)

Hello, well, I found some guides for you to look through. :)

There's TDN, and then jellyneo, SUNNYneo, Vic's Neopets Avatar Help Blog, as well as the kelplek method. There are also previous questions asked about this, on TDNF, threads are here, here, and here.

Basically, what I've gathered is that in general, people do buy one of everything before they can get it (60,000 np! o_O ) I found the kelplek method the be very useful and informative... as well as that, one point i've picked up is this - if you don't get it the first time (at the leftovers page) you don't have to retry the whole thing, all over again. All you have to do is refresh! If you've refreshed more than 10 times, and you don't get it - sorry girl, I think you really DO have to try it again :P

But all the best to you. I'm trying out for this, too. :)

I got this avatar without ordering 4 menu items at a time. I had tried that dozens of times, with no success.

The method I used was:

1. Make your active pet very bloated. This may be a bit difficult.
  2. Make sure you have a few hundred thousand neopoints on hand, since it could take many tries to get it.
  3. Go to Kelp! and order the cheapest item on the menu. I used Thornberry Brew.
  4. Keep going back and ordering the same item until you get leftovers and the avatar. Do not try going there occasionally. Sit at that table and don't leave until you have the avatar!

Going to Kelp! occasionally and ordering 4 menu items cost me probably 1 million np, with no success. Repeatedly ordering 1 menu item only set me back about 100k. Remember, this avatar is random, and random avatars can be very mean sometimes! Good luck!

I just popped by out of curiosity as i have been trying for this avvie for months. So i thought i would give one of the guides a go, i tried the KELPLEK one, twice with my main pet with no luck and then swapped pet as the guide said and got it on the third go :P Give the guide a go and follow it to the letter i'm sure you'll get it

• 7 years later...

Hi!

I just want to say a big thanks to the KELPLEK guide (and to this thread pointing me there)! =)

I tried many things, many times. Spent 7k on the cheapest item here and there... Then sometimes repeatedly went to kelp and never got the leftovers. Then I tried with full menu, very bloated pet (as suggested) and i worked in the second go. Read the guide, it worked for me=)

I know it is random, but hey, it worked!

14 hours ago, janina295 said:

Hi!

I just want to say a big thanks to the KELPLEK guide (and to this thread pointing me there)! ?

I tried many things, many times. Spent 7k on the cheapest item here and there... Then sometimes repeatedly went to kelp and never got the leftovers. Then I tried with full menu, very bloated pet (as suggested) and i worked in the second go. Read the guide, it worked for me=)

I know it is random, but hey, it worked!

I'm gonna keep this in mind myself! I'd not seen that KELPLEK guide before but it's one to bookmark, I think, I like how it explains things. ? Congrats on it working so quickly for you!