Any way to access my old account?

Russ

So I remember the username for an account I had on Neopets a while ago (like, seven or eight years ago). I had the account for a while and I think it probably has some items that weren't worth much at the time but have increased in value, and I just wanna see what all is on it. Problem is, I don't remember the password or e-mail that I used to sign up for it.

Is there any way I would be able to get in without those, or is it likely at all that if I explained to TNT they'd give me the e-mail address or something used when I made the account? I'm assuming not but still.

And if I do just happen to remember the password/e-mail or something and I get in, would sending items and NP from that account to my current one be considered cheating, or not since it used to be my main account and I hadn't been on it for years when I made my current one?

Thanksss in advance. I'm assuming I won't be able to get in or get any items from it, but it'd be nice.

If that account is over 8 years old, it's likely TNT erased it by now. It's also doubtful you'll be able to log back into it either. You can try though, and good luck. And no, it woudn't be against the rules to send the items to your main, people do this all the time. You can also switch main accounts but you can only do that once, and you have to not earn NPs on ANY of your accounts for 24 hours in order for it to be successful.

I have an account like this, only it's around 6 years old, and I can't remember the last time I accessed it. The email address I used is also long gone. I did email TNT and request access, but I couldn't give them enough information about the account apparently. I don't think there is anything worth anything in there (was set up initially as a guild account) but I was hoping to use it to shuffle some pets around.

If the account does still exist, contact them and ask. Tell them anything you can remember about the account. and see what happens. Failing that, try a few likely passwords every day and see if you can't get in?

try a few likely passwords every day and see if you can't get in?

There is a maximum of three wrong passwords entered per day. I also hope you made the account with your real birthday, (or at least one you remember!) because they will require that! I don't think yo'll get anything from them if all you can remember is a username... but know knows, you might get lucky! :)

Good luck!

I think I did unfortunately register with a fake birthday. The account definitely hasn't been deleted since I can still view the user page and when I logged in it showed my active NeoPet. I'll at least try contacting them, it can't hurt, I tried once before a few months ago but never got a reply. I just hope they don't find it suspicious and freeze me if I ask lol

I have an older account that I only remembered the username for too. I tried to message TNT and ask if they could just tell me the e-mail I used for it but they said they couldn't, I had to know the e-mail and username. So, it might not work. Hopefully you figure out your password in the end, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I sympathize with this.

My first account is nine years old and I'm 99% sure I remember the username and password. Buuut I think I registered it with a fake birthdate and I can't remember what it is. :P

I've tried my real birthdate; my real date one year earlier; January 17, 1986; January 17, 1985 and the birthdate of the novel character that the account was named after, October 31, 1978.

I can't remember the email address that goes with it (long since abandoned, I'm sure) and I can't remember any details about it (except where the username and password come from and why the sole pet is named that way), so there's no point in trying to email TNT.

I hope that it's broke and has no items of any value, so I don't keep wondering and trying to get into it for another nine years!