Need an opinion on two images

Mouseykins

Hi so I just finished creating my new header image for my userlookup. I have two that are slightly different and I'm not exactly sure which one I want to use yet. I would like to see which one everyone likes better before making my final decision.

The first image Header A:

Header.jpg

The second image Header B:

HeaderB.jpg

Which one do you like better?

All thoughts are welcome and thank you for taking the time to look at my artwork! :D

They both look the same artistically, but I'd take Header B since it has a but more sparkle in the center in my opinion.

Header B! It has more glitter onto it, makes everything look more... sparkly! ^_^

P.S I'm curious... how did you make this? ^_^

I did them in photoshop. The wings I used an image from the internet, traced the outline to get the shape of the wings and added my own details. The rest is done using 2 brushes I downloaded.

Hmm . . . I like B since the blue background lines are glittery, it connects better if the leaves of the flowers have glitter as well. Plus the glitter makes the actual flowers stand out more.

If the rest of your layout is super sparkly already, though, I'd go with header A

I like them both, but I would say the center should stand out more, so B is better. I would even suggest maybe making the center brighter, bigger, or darker, so more attention is called to the center.

Header B for sure for being more sparkly! A darker center is a really good idea. :)

And you have photoshop! * jealous* I can use it but I don't have it. :P

I have the elements 9 trial on my macbook right now and the full version of elements 8 on my desktop. The modules in my lookup have borders with glitter corners to connect them with the rest of the lookup.

I did them in photoshop. The wings I used an image from the internet, traced the outline to get the shape of the wings and added my own details. The rest is done using 2 brushes I downloaded.

How do you get Photoshop? And does it come with a price?

Unlike everyone else, I prefer A, no offense, but B is a little, much...

no offense taken! I appreciate honest opinions and if you want to elaborate more please do.

I'm also in team A. Both are good but I prefer A, I just think that having the entire thing be glittery is a bit much, I'm not a glittery guy really and I think that it makes the center sort of blend in to the rest of the image more and it should stand out more.

Unlike everyone else, I prefer A, no offense, but B is a little, much...

I've got to agree here.

Remember that less is more. If your image has "too much" sparkles, then it becomes distracting and lose most of its artistic values. Not having sparkles on the center element actually helps to differienciate it from the rest of your image.

Also side note, glitters are better when they are animated. That's another reason why you shouldn't abuse of it.

Example of a nice glitter:

ghostflotsamsparkle.gif

Image from Pittys Glitters, click here to get your own!

I think I'm going to agree with Xepha and go with Header A. After looking at both images for 10 minutes Header A stands out more and the center flower is the first thing that catches my eye. Thank you all for your opinions! :)

My vote goes for A as well. The glitter is a bit too much.

How do you get Photoshop? And does it come with a price?

You can purchase it from Adobe for $700. Alternatively, GIMP is a free design program and Aviary is a in-browser design program.

Agreed! Although Gimp is rather hard to use...

You can check out Sumopaint. Unless you're REALLY into it, if you're just looking for simple editing, Sumopaint is fine. And Paint.net, although I've never used that. I've downloaded Aviary on Rockmelt, but haven't opened it up yet.

(Does anyone know a replacement for the Magnetic Lasso? The only one I know of is smart scissors , but that's in photobucket, for editing photos not image thingies.)

(Sorry for offtopicsness!)

You can purchase it from Adobe for $700. Alternatively, GIMP is a free design program and Aviary is a in-browser design program.

You can check out Sumopaint. Unless you're REALLY into it, if you're just looking for simple editing, Sumopaint is fine. And Paint.net, although I've never used that. I've downloaded Aviary on Rockmelt, but haven't opened it up yet.

Thanks for the info! This helped me a lot by gaining more knowledge about this. ^_^

P.S I'm really sorry if this is off topic, sorry...

Your user lookup looks really great. :D The image you picked is perfect.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.