Jim Henson

Alice ☮

I love Jim Henson. I mean, I grew up with Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show. And I also remember seeing The Labyrinth (puppets courtesy of Mr. Henson + the awesomeness that is David Bowie), and the Dark Crystal.

Today, I decided to revisit The Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.

I watched the Labyrinth, and it was pretty scary. I don't see how I didn't pee myself watching that as a kid.

Then I started watching The Dark Crystal. And I had to stop. It's going to give me nightmares >_< (I'll watch it in full daylight). Have you seen what these guys look like? I mean, the Skeskis are terrifying xD

skeksis.jpg

Compare that to, I don't know, Kermit.

cute-kermit-the-frog.jpg

I think I much prefer some of Hensons less threatening puppets xD

Have any of you seen this movie? Or are a fan of some of Jim Hensons shows?

Aw, I'm a big Jim fan, myself (we actually share a birthday; September 24th....granted I'm a good bit younger and he's...well...not with us anymore).

Labyrinth has always been one of my favorites (not to mention my small obsession with Fraggle Rock), however I can see how one might be unsettled by the Dark Crystal (the Skekses [sp?] still give me the creeps)...it's still an amazing piece in film history.

My cat:

TomFizzgig.jpg

aww Kermit! :wub_anim: seasame street and the muppets!

I did watch the dark crystal as a child but read the book and loved it (i think the illustrations were less scary) recently i did get the movie but have only watched bits of it. and yes those things are scary o_O

my friend is obsessed with the Labyrinth movie, and David Bowie.

I miss Jim Henson, everything is moving towards CG. one recent collaboration I've seen is the Alice in Wonderland tv special they did with Whoopi Goldberg, its one of my favourite versions of Alice and Wonderland

Labyrinth is one of my favs. I started signing "Dance Magic Dance" the other day at work and everybody was looking at me like I was crazy.

Me: You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of voodoo. Who do? You do. Do what? Remind me of the babe!

My co-workers: o_O

I LOVED the Dark Crystal when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite movies.

I had a similar experience when I watched it grown-up. You're right, it's super freaky o_O For some reason I totally didn't notice as a kid XD

I've watched The Dark Crystal before, my Mum always said I looked like the main character in it. Mainly because my ears are so sticky-outy.

Looking at the title under my avatar, you can tell I'm a huge fan. Labyrinth is my favourite movie of all time, and The Dark Crystal isn't too far behind, either. I'm also a huge Muppet fan, grew up with Sesame Street and the Muppet Show, and I just saw the new Muppet movie today (and boy is it funny!)