Whats the worst you've ever hurt yourself?

behemothrules

When I was 6, I was at a theme park. Me&my mommy were in a wave pool. A huge wave was coming and I decided to jump at the wrong time. Under the water was concrete. I fell on my knee and busted it open. Blood was pouring down my leg.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple years ago I was in an accident with my horse where he hit a hole and went down at a very fast canter/near gallop. I went flying and hit head first, but luckily was knocked unconscious before completely hitting the ground. I woke up very dazed and confused with of course a concussion, a completely snapped collar bone, broken nose in several places, and of course superficial scratches on my face, eyes, and even in my mouth from the rocks and dirt I hit. Got my neck and spine twisted too. I had to get a plate and screws put in to get my collar bone together but everything else besides my neck healed up fine. Still working on getting my neck right and it's still extremely painful, the bones rotate out of place and get stuck pushing into muscles which are still in knots from the accident. Luckily my horse wasn't harmed!

It could have been much worse and really wasn't all that bad but this is the worst that has happened to me. I'm a VERY cautious person. Never even climbed trees or anything similar as a kid lol. Besides other minor accidents, once I cut my finger down to the bone while trying to cut a wet potato and it was sooo gross D: I refuse to cut anything round or wet anymore lol.

Wow you were lucky, you could have been in a lot worse shape. Glad to hear your horse was ok after that accident. I used to have two horses and I never galloped or anything like that was too chicken too. Plus I was inexperienced and just like to enjoy a nice walking pace.

Now to get on topic. The worst thing i've done to myself has to be in grade 3 on the last day of school I ended up slamming my finger in a door. It was one of those heavy steel doors. I didn't even notice until after I took my shoes off and then noticed my finger was throbbing and bleeding a little bit. I went to the office and got my finger looked at, mostly to get a band-aid. I couldn't move it much so they called my dad and he took me to the hospital just to make sure nothing was broken or severely damaged. I didn't break my finger or anything serious it just hurt but not as bad as you would expect.

This is my second worse thing that's happened. I'm sort of to blame but not 100%. My dad and I were saddling up my horse Cruise and we had the saddle on the hitching post as usual and it was a bit windy out that day. I was busy brushing him and getting him ready to be tacked up. We got a big gust of wind and blew the saddle off the hitching post. Cruise jumped sideways onto my right foot and boy did that hurt. Partially my fault for having my foot too close to his. Didn't break anything just bruised my foot and was swollen for about a week.

The worst I've done.... When I was at 5th grade camp, I tripped over a rock and sliced open my knee. It was about a centimeter deep, a centimeter wide at the center, and two long. I had to get 4 stitches. Still have the scar, nearly 10 years later.

Second worst was... last semester, actually. xD I was in the room where our anime club meetings were held and one of my friends was being a butt so I went to kick him... and didn't realize I was standing in the row of chairs still (stadium style seating), and slammed my leg into a nice, sturdy, bolted-to-the-floor chair instead! I had a bruise for about a week and it was two days before I could move it without pain. ...I kicked him anyways after the initial shock wore off, for the record.

It's amazing how few serious injuries I've obtained over the years despite being naturally clumsy and managing to end up with unexplained bruises on a regular basis. I suppose having an absurdly high pain tolerence helps.

The worst was when I was 4, I was in a car accident and broke my leg. It was a hairline fracture right down the middle of my thigh bone so they had to drill a screw through my leg to keep the halves together, I was hospitalized for a month and half and had to wear a cast that covered my hips and that entire leg (like shorts with one long leg) I still remember how hard it was to walk in that thing. I still have tiny circular scars where the screw was (the worst bit is they put it in wrong the first time and had to take it out and put it back in at a different angle so I have two scars on one side of my leg)

I broke my arm twice (another car accident, the second time I think I tripped), dislocated my shoulder once, broke my pinkie (someone stepped on my hand :() When I was 13-ish I broke my tailbone (i feel your pain Jacky) my aunt had taken out the back seats in her car and put blankets that covered the little seat-hook-things, I went and plopped myself down straight on top of one. More recently I had a bad experience with some nail products and had to walk around with paper thin nails for 6 months (using my hands hurt, anything that put pressure on my fingertips was torture) Also I took a really bad fall, the force of keeping my face from hitting the ground made the sides of my nails cut into my fingers so they were bleeding and I had a huge bruise the size of my hand on my knee.

Wow where to begin.

When I was 1 or 2, pulled on a tablecloth and some boiling hot water (in one of those old metal kettles) fell all over my stomach = scar etc.

When I was maybe like 4-7, fell down some stones steps and broke my collar bone.

When I was 11 got hit by a car (no major injuries, just a twisted ankle etc)

When I was 14 broke the same collarbone (on my birthday) . one more time and it becomes a lot more serious :P

When I was 18 fell bacwards down 12 stairs, computer desk at the bottom, guess who won... (me amazingly, i stepped up, desk was destroyed)

Like January this year pretty much sliced my hand (quite small like 2cm length but was a tad deep) after 3 months, still can see where it happened so another scar :P

There might have been more thingsbut thats all i can think of right now

Wow. You guys have been through so much. :O I've never ever broken a bone. However, I have had a few injuries...

Got my foot slammed in a door, for a long while (at least, that's what it felt like)

Got in a car crash. Didn't get hurt, but I was going away on vacation the very next day, so I had to go to the Doctor at, like, 11 at night. That would be a very big deal for me now, but I was something like 8 at the time.

Somehow knocked myself unconscious for maybe five minutes after I ran, stomach-first, into a wooden pole-type thing I was trying to jump on to.

Got a 2nd or 3rd degree burn from a pop-tart. :P

Twisted or rolled or somethinged my ankle...at a chess tournament (oh, the irony :P )

I think that's it...

The worst I've done.... When I was at 5th grade camp, I tripped over a rock and sliced open my knee. It was about a centimeter deep, a centimeter wide at the center, and two long. I had to get 4 stitches. Still have the scar, nearly 10 years later.

Second worst was... last semester, actually. xD I was in the room where our anime club meetings were held and one of my friends was being a butt so I went to kick him... and didn't realize I was standing in the row of chairs still (stadium style seating), and slammed my leg into a nice, sturdy, bolted-to-the-floor chair instead! I had a bruise for about a week and it was two days before I could move it without pain. ...I kicked him anyways after the initial shock wore off, for the record.

It's amazing how few serious injuries I've obtained over the years despite being naturally clumsy and managing to end up with unexplained bruises on a regular basis. I suppose having an absurdly high pain tolerence helps.

I'm amazed too at myself that I haven't had any serious injuries. I'm a total klutz and constantly have bruises on my knees and half of the time I have no idea where they came from. Occasionally I'll get a couple bruises on my thighs, but I think that's just from puppy using my thighs as leverage when she hops down off the couch.

this was in the Kindergarten:

Leon (Was my Best friend now hes stupid) and i Where playing in the Playground(right now behind the kindergarten)

with a Rickshaw made out of iron,Then it happened!

He was running to fast with the rickshaw and i and the rickshaw got crushed on the Iron Pole.

It bleeded 4 hours from my Knees.......I will never forget that lol

I am surprised I didn't have any broken bones until I was twenty due to how much of a klutz I am. Eight days after my twentieth birthday though is all it took for that to change. Incidentally, it was also one day before my mum's birthday.

I was on my third date with my then boyfriend (I sure know how to have a good time on dates :() when I fell over while crossing the road. It hurt to walk, but I thought I'd just banged my foot and it would heal up on its own. I waited about a week, but when my toes started turning purple I thought it was time to see a doctor... Anyway, it turns out that I'd broken a small bone at the small toe side of my left foot. I had to use a cast and not put any pressure on my foot, but it hadn't healed after a few weeks so they put in a wire and a pin to fix the bone together again. Then I had to have several more casts over the following months - I was so glad to be rid of the thing and use both feet again! I went through physiotherapy, but my ankle and leg were very weak after not being able to use them and they've never been the same since.

I'm clumsy, but never have broken any bones. Luck? The worst I ever was injured wsa when my friend and I were riding scooters, and I was going downhill too fast, and I was avoiding parked cars and such, and I fell off. Inertia back-stabbed me, and my knees and hands were all gashed. :sad02: I have scars on my knees and palms.

Hmmm...I actually have quite the collection of scars, and its rare to see me without at least 1 bruise...which is strange, because I do ballet, and ballet dancers are supposed to be graceful...

Well my first bad injury was when I was 5, and some dumb kid pushed me off a playground, and I banged my face on the ground, cutting my lip open, knocking 2 of my front teeth out. Apparently the fall also damaged one of my adult front teeth, so now it has a really short root and may fall out...

And then when I was 9, my finger got slammed into an arena door by another dumb kid, giving me a really bad cut that tore one of my ligaments

When I was 12, I was bitten by a rat, so I had to get rabies shots.

And then one day, when I was 13, I commented on how even though I had a lot of scars, sprains and other injuries, I had never broken a bone before. Within a week, I fell while on pointe (yes, it was really stupid), spraining my ankle (again), and breaking my tailbone.

Almost exactly a year later, while skiing, I broke it again.

Since then, I haven't really done anything too crazy...only some burns, and sprains.

Wow- some of these injuries! The worst I've ever really done was I broke my collar bone when I was 3 or 4 because I fell out of bed (gosh- how lame). It was the summer though so I was really upset because I couldn't go on the tire swing in our park at all, and my family was taking a vacation to New Brunswick and I was in a cast the whole time. I still remember the pain, and even the trip to the hospital- it definitely wasn't fun.

I also fell off a cliff when I was about 11. I saw a frog that looked really cool that I wanted to catch so I started climbing down the cliff, lost my footing, and fell about 10 feet or so into the quite cold water of Georgian Bay (in Northern Ontario) below. I wasn't actually hurt, but I was completely embarrassed!

Other than that I've had a few minor injuries of broken/sprained fingers/toes, and once (about 3 years ago) while I was playing hockey I got checked from behind and messed up my spine. No major injuries but I was out for a couple of weeks and in the chiropractors office for about a month or two. Every so often I get terrible back pain and I'm convinced it's from that injury. I've done the stupid things like fallen on my rollerblades multiple times and scraped up my knees and elbows pretty bad, but that's about a yearly occurrence for me so it's nothing too new.

this thread makes me anxious because reading about all the things that have befallen others makes me think it must be my turn soon.. haha.

I've never broken a bone (except for possible fractures in some of my fingers from the tips connecting with a basketball that had been thrown hard at me). the worst pain I've ever been through is probably a leg cramp or when I fell down 2 flights of concrete stairs at the age of 4 or when I slept on the hard bit of a Furby at the age of 7 and it absolutely destroyed my back and I was forced to do PE. I guess I'm just careful ;p

Sometimes, I would hurt myself quite a lot (not much for now), like:

- Finger stuck at the bicycle's chain (the flesh kinda ripped out D: ) when I was 5

- Knee grazed from tripping after rollerblading, 6 years old

- Got a serious bruise from car accident last year, which caused some trauma after that

There's a lot I want to tell, but kinda painful to wrote.

I was 5 and I ran through glass door. And came through. Thanks to mom, for keeping our windows so clean.. (had some cuts, and now I havae a permament scar on my leg, where the glass came through)

At 9 I shatered the joint of my pinkyr and it never healed, so I can't put all five fingers together. The pinky stands few cm away, if you can imagine what I mean.

Otherwise nothing else. I really did more damage to others, really :D There should be a thread for this too lol :)

Ick, I've been told that collarbone breaks are the most painful type of broken bone...

Well, update, I just fractured a bone and tore a tendon in my left foot from ballet...

Too true! I was only 3 years old and I still remember the pain! I left the same shirt on for a few days because it was the WORST pain in the world to even try and change a shirt. Also, sorry to hear about that update :( I hope it heals soon!

When I was 15 I broke my arm. It was a compound fracture which means my bone came through my skin. Was in the hospital for three days and now I have a bar and four screws in my arm. And then when I got my cast off... I broke it again! I was in a cast for basically a year. lol

I woke up this morning. I was walking into my room. My pinkie toe hit the wooden frame of my bed. I went flying a foot Now, I got a pretty deepish cut. ]: It hurts.

Ick, I've been told that collarbone breaks are the most painful type of broken bone...

I definitely think it's one of the worst to break. It hurt me to breath and doing anything other than sitting still felt like torture. Mine was separated and overlapped, so surgery helped it feel soooo much better, but even after that it hurt for quite a while. However, my mom broke her back, and I know she was in way more pain than I was in, and she didn't heal for years. So I would say it isn't the worst but I would guess it's one of the worst.

Wow you were lucky, you could have been in a lot worse shape. Glad to hear your horse was ok after that accident. I used to have two horses and I never galloped or anything like that was too chicken too. Plus I was inexperienced and just like to enjoy a nice walking pace.

Yes I was! It was my worst accident so far but I was really lucky it wasn't worse. There's nothing wrong with just enjoying a walking pace. :) I would enjoy it too, if my horse would relax and walk calmy on trails.

I had another accident earlier this week. I got thrown off at a fast canter, but luckily I rolled out of it so I don't have any broken bones. We were on a sharp turn working on a tricky exercise so I wasn't set up to hang on well. :( I never hit such hard ground before; it felt like I hit concrete. I got my usual injuries: sprained neck and spine, sacrum out of place, deep brusing everywhere, and a concussion. I sure am sore from it but I can't wait to ride again once I'm better.

Well...

Hmm, when i was really little, i stuck my finger in a juicer... I was really little thought, and i dont even remember it, my parents told me about it :L

Can't remember how old i was but i had a thing for stamps. I found a staple gun and thinking it was a stamp thingy, i stapled my hand. When i noticed it hurt i took it out of my hand. Then i stapled the same place again because the blood freaked me out :L.

Around the age of 6-7 I was trying to climb up a decently steep slide. It had just stopped raining so it was slippery. A little girl pushed me and although i was only about a foot off the ground because i was still at the bottom of the slide, i fell backwards and hit my arm on a metal pole. Snapped my arm right in two, didn't look pretty, and had a cast for AGES.

When i was about 11 years old, i fell off my scooter straight on my face. Hit a rock and the skin above my lip. Needed stitches and everything, and now i have a harry potter scar there because the first time it healed it left a massive scar, so they operated on it to reduce the size.

When i was 12, i was racing my friend and as we were about to both run into a classroom he pushed me into the door frame and i out out my hand to not smack into the wall. I felt the back of my hand touch my arm. About a week later i found out it was fractured =L.

And finally, the numerous bruises i have at the moment from paintball are pretty decent =D.