Personal Picture Policy

Samuel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, you can NOT post YOU on the internet. Videos, pictures. Animations. Nothing. As someone earlier posted, it's not allowed on Neopets, and it won't be here. It's for everyone's own good, and we're glad to see that people aren't majorly opposed to it =]

We WILL be vigorous on this; punishments will include susmeepitions. Trying to bypass the rules is also a violation, so just don't bother.

The identities of who voted what will remain anonymous (although, the person that DID vote, preferred pictures of over-13s only).

Well, if anyone wishes to see photos, I shall accidentally link to a blog, which contains pics of me. I emphasise 'accidentally'.

There are no accidents on the forums, that's what the 'edit' option is for.

what if i were to....

play sum "ground control" and i fraps it and then add my voice commentary?

i dont think this applies to your voice, neopets even had a few random contests that required people to record themselves and they are partly going off their rules

Glad to see that issue was addressed. *nod* *nod*

what if i were to....

play sum "ground control" and i fraps it and then add my voice commentary?

I would guess it would not be allowed except for certain occasions. Like the neopets.com example you gave. Sam will have to update us...

why wouldnt it not be allowed? you cant track someone down and find them by a voice infact unless there voice is very uniqe id think it would be very hard to reconize someone from voice alone

what happens if you upload videos on youtube and someone finds you? Like, you don't upload any links to it on this site, but if someone finds you, will you get reported? (i know it probably sounds silly, but it's always good to know)

while im not one of the mods so cant speak for them in my opnuion(not that it matters) this shouldnt matter. after all they cant control what you do outside of the site and shouldnt really try. i just wouldnt go telling people "hey i have stuff here go search for me there" after all i have pictures at lots of sites all over the internet(of course im also old enough to do so and to make my own choice on the matter) of course ill gladly follow the rules by not mentioning any of them ^_^

Wait, according to the last official post, you're limiting our bloody freedom. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Basically, you can NOT post YOU on the internet. Videos, pictures. Animations. Nothing. As someone earlier posted, it's not allowed on Neopets, and it won't be here. It's for everyone's own good, and we're glad to see that people aren't majorly opposed to it =]

You guys need to get real.

Correct. It's in your best interests to stick to the rules. They are there for a reason. We don't just impliment rules for the fun of it. We hate rules too, you know!

But rules are rules. And as they say 'Pacta sunt servanda'.

There have been a few posts here that are WAY out of line.

Posting on TDN is a PRIVILEGE. It is ran by VOLUNTEERS and the COPPA Act is an unenforced set of guidelines, and this conforms to those guidelines. It's really our duty, but it's not been enforced until now, for your safety. It's ridiculous to post images everywhere, and your school should've talked about this with you.

As for copyright, whenever you post on this forum, you automatically hand over copyright to TDN (namely, Ian). At the bottom of every page it states, "All content © 2007 The Daily Neopets. All rights reserved." - this means that EVERYTHING on the PAGE, which isn't part of the Invision Power Board software, is under the copright protection of The Daily Neopets, located at tdnforums.com.

It's NOT a right to post pictures. And yes, we ARE censoring. So, get over it. :)