• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how it was figured out? those clues didn't help haha

This clue in this week's editorial was pretty good:

Hey, TNT! *hands cookie* So, I was reading
The Lord of the Rings
and I found that one chapter is named "Flotsam and Jetsam"... curious. I then realized that "Ring of the Lost" (RotL) has the same letters as "Lord of the Rings" (LotR). Therefore I was wondering, as it seems you guys like reading... will I be able to find some hint about the Wishing Well avatar in a book, or am I just overthinking? ~blackie1407

You're overthinking. No one on The Neopets Team can read. In fact, we're not even sure how we're typi
o
k thwls
es.

It gave us the digits (albeit out of order) needed for the correct donation amount :P

Whoo-hoo! New avatar! I was starting to think nobody would ever figure that out! & the old hint was right, it did have something to do with the number "7", being the within the first 7 wishes of the day and having a 7 in the amount! Cool!

i still think i u click the button it would just give u the avatar and not take your nps but its their tricky way of getting nps i guess haha

It's a way of decreasing the total number of neopoints in the economy. They're called "sinks." Other examples off the top of my head are Save the Wheels Event, basically all neopet shops (not user owned), and the Lever of Doom.

It's a way to counterbalance the neopoints earned in games and whatnot. Neopoints that go into sinks are destroyed. And the less NPs there are, the more each NP is worth (i.e. inflation and deflation).

So... that's the reason for taking our neopoints xD

Wiii!!!!! thanks a lot!!

can we know who discovered the solution?????

Yay -- I agree with everyone that I can't believe that it was so long for a relatively simple solution... Now theres only several more "random" avatars to work on. including the dreaded wheel of extravagance.... ick

Oh and not to forget the awesomely sinking rich, richer, and richest avvies!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yay -- I agree with everyone that I can't believe that it was so long for a relatively simple solution... Now theres only several more "random" avatars to work on. including the dreaded wheel of extravagance.... ick

Oh and not to forget the awesomely sinking rich, richer, and richest avvies!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Lol, lucky me, I actually got that one my second day of trying the Wheel of Extravagance :P though I became addicted and went from 6 mil to 2mil :P thankfully I randomly did another spin a few weeks ago and got a Woodland Paint Brush that shot my 3mil(I was working my nps back up with games) to 7 Mil.

I still need the richest avie T_T

Today at 12.30a.m I went to the wishing well and made 7 wishes It is the first time I have been there so early in yhe NST day and then when I came to the forums maybe 15 mins later I read the post and so am hoping that it will be the same solution tomorrow :sad02:

So excited! I got it but I know I didn't try a lot for it anyway! So I'm glad there's finally a solution. Now, if there were a certain amount for lever of doom that would be cool. :P

what i have learned was its normally in the range of spending 15-40k. i got it in the birthday cause you are more likely to get it and i only spent 17k

Thanks for posting how the solution was found, Alice.

I tried several methods myself, but I was leaning towards random NP at the Wishing Well and a specific phrase to enter in order to trigger it.

Example: I wish for the hidden avatar.