Does anyone have a good strategy for quickly raising a pet intelligence level?

Yung

There are several methods for boosting your pet's Intelligence level, but there's no extremely quick methods to boosting your pet's IQ easily. You can get lots of books that your pet has yet to read (I'd start with the more cheaper ones first), which is currently the most inexpensive method to increasing pet intelligence. There are some books that can be obtained as freebies from dailies like Weltrude's Toy Chest, Anchor Management, Apple Bobbing, and several others. Also, you can get some more books by landing on the book space while spinning the Wheel of Knowledge, landing on the lightbulb on the same wheel can also increase your pet's intelligence a bit as well.

Well I actually did a little research regarding this and I have found some relatively cheap ways besides reading books..

Sparkle Potion - Cost around 3k - Raises your intelligence 1-3 points.

Elixir of Intellect - Cost around 6k - Raises your intelligence 2 points.

Genius Negg - Cost around 7k - Raises your intelligence by 1 - Gives one of six books (Theories of Physics, Where Neggs Grow, Mystic Neggs Book, Battledome Guide, Know Your Neggs Book, or Cooking Neggs Book).

I just used 13 Sparkle Potions on Dragonhunter9750...

He had 385 Intelligence before I used them and now he has 396... So he only gained 11 intelligence. o_O that means are stats are wrong... 0-3 it seems... or possibly negative intelligence when the pet feels "confused." I am gonna buy some more and use them one at a time to get a good reading of how they actually work.

Okay... I used 6 more and this time he felt confused twice... Three times he gained 1 intelligence and one time he gained 2... His intelligence is now 401.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't post multiple times in a row. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You can use Scroll Potions. A lot of people make neoboards asking people to donate intelligence.

This is an expensive option I was not aware of until now. Thank you... If I had the spare neopoints and frequented BD forum more often I would be 100% all over that!

I'll be glad to donate some intel as my bde pet has a lot. :)

Also, I play cliffhanger when I am bored. It also increases intel when you play on hard mode. :)

Again... Also very good to know :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

i was going to recommend scroll potion but someone beat me to it! :P

it might not help, but here's a massive list of inexpensive books: http://www.neopets.com/~miqht

and you're right, i do think sparkle potions decrease intel when your pet feels confused

i was going to recommend scroll potion but someone beat me to it! :P

it might not help, but here's a massive list of inexpensive books: http://www.neopets.com/~miqht

and you're right, i do think sparkle potions decrease intel when your pet feels confused

Well no... further testing revealed it just doesn't increase... it seems like the actual stats for the Sparkle Potion is 0-2 Intelligence. I used over 40 and never got a +3 to Intelligence.

someone on the bd boards told me that confused was -1, but i guess he was wrong then? and from everything i checked, it says 3 int is the max, so maybe the probability of it happening is just a lot slimmer than the others.

(are you planning to equip the hbt?)

someone on the bd boards told me that confused was -1, but i guess he was wrong then? and from everything i checked, it says 3 int is the max, so maybe the probability of it happening is just a lot slimmer than the others.

(are you planning to equip the hbt?)

Indeed I am. I will have to purchase it first but I will do that only after I have accomplished the 1000 intelligence needed to utilize it properly. The way I figure it is that I will not be the only one doing this and there may as well be a good recent thread that includes the latest trends, potions, neggs, and everything intelligence related.

You can also do the faire crossword daily. It will increase your intelligence without doing much. And considering TDN gives the answers it is a pretty easy method. It just doesn't happen every day. Just have your active as the one you want to go up and it will occasionally go up.

Intel is also important for Crisp Blue Tunic and Heavy Robe of Thievery.

Ive always been curious about these two items. Is it one of the huge flaws of these items is that your opponent can check your intel points to determine whether or not you are using neither items for example pet with "751" intel points. I only do 1-P so I'm curious lol.

Ive always been curious about these two items. Is it one of the huge flaws of these items is that your opponent can check your intel points to determine whether or not you are using neither items for example pet with "751" intel points. I only do 1-P so I'm curious lol.

Yes, that may well likely be categorized as a flaw. It is more likely that your opponent will be using the said weapons if their pet's Intel is very high. Although I don't know how someone will defend against CBT's HP drain as it is unblockable. As to the Heavy Robe of Thievery, putting a junk weapon in the first slot will do the trick.

Yes, that may well likely be categorized as a flaw. It is more likely that your opponent will be using the said weapons if their pet's Intel is very high. Although I don't know how someone will defend against CBT's HP drain as it is unblockable. As to the Heavy Robe of Thievery, putting a junk weapon in the first slot will do the trick.

Well, this is just my imo but I think you should keep in mind not many people have that extra np to purchase a CBT, and if they do have the np for a CBT they really should be saving up for a full healer instead. I don't see CBT all that good in the high league fights I think it's an item specifically for that mid league fights.

Well, this is just my imo but I think you should keep in mind not many people have that extra np to purchase a CBT, and if they do have the np for a CBT they really should be saving up for a full healer instead. I don't see CBT all that good in the high league fights I think it's an item specifically for that mid league fights.

Of course it is obvious enough that for an HP of about 300 or so, getting the full healers will be better. But in 2P, there is this "League Battles". Battlers will often have pets trained up to a certain league so that they can enter it in wars specifically set for their particular leagues. Leagues 8-10 (the mid level leagues) is favorable for CBT users because of the 200HP swing. Full healers cost a lot more than you think. LEV and JadeS are the more affordable ones which are once per battle and they cost 30M or so. CBT is about 7M. The next cheaper midlevel healer would be SSYT which is about 2.7M-3M. There are also multi healers like ECA. But then again, ECA is only good for tanks in higher leagues.

Of course it is obvious enough that for an HP of about 300 or so, getting the full healers will be better. But in 2P, there is this "League Battles". Battlers will often have pets trained up to a certain league so that they can enter it in wars specifically set for their particular leagues. Leagues 8-10 (the mid level leagues) is favorable for CBT users because of the 200HP swing. Full healers cost a lot more than you think. LEV and JadeS are the more affordable ones which are once per battle and they cost 30M or so. CBT is about 7M. The next cheaper midlevel healer would be SSYT which is about 2.7M-3M. There are also multi healers like ECA. But then again, ECA is only good for tanks in higher leagues.

LEV is currently running 55mil, and JadeS is running 67mil. Our database is out of date on pricing for many of the BD Equipment.

As far as healers go... Bag of Healing Dust is a very good and cheap way to achieve a 50% heal... running around 9.8mil-12.2mil. Less than half the price of full healers for half the affect.

Species healers are also effective. KLP is one of the more popular ones of course. As for intel, Scroll potion is around 3mil and once in a while you can find people who are willing to lend it to you for collat if you dont feel like spending the money. or you could buy it, get your intel and then resell rather than spending millions on one use potions.

A good friend of mine is just lending me his Scroll Potion. Pretty good deal me and him got going on. We don't make the same BD purchases and we just borrow what we lack for given battles. Combined we have a pretty formidable BD set.