Treasure Keepers Closing

Wembly

The following is a direct quote from TNT on the boards stating that Treasure Keepers will in fact be closing. And at that, closing tomorrow so if you want the site theme from it, you have to go get that today. And don't forget to write down or redeem any codes you have from the game or you will loose them. Saddness on the game ending but I guess yay to some extra free items whenever TNT mail them to us. Let us know how/when/what you receive as consolation prizes.

We're posting to let you all know that, unfortunately, Neopets: Treasure Keepers will be closing on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011. We apologise for the very short notice.

Important information regarding the closure:

- We do not have an exact time for the closure yet but as soon as we know we'll pass along the information to you.

- If you have unspent Facebook Credits, we're assured these are still good on other Facebook applications. You will not lose them.

- If you have any unclaimed achievement codes, the NTK redemption page here on Neopets.com will remain open so you can claim your prizes. Be sure to write down your codes ASAP so you have them before the game comes down.

We will also be sending out a virtual item code to all Neopets: Treasure Keepers players that can be redeemed at Grundo's Warehouse for a set of items and Neopoints. We know it doesn't make up for the closure, but we want to say thank you for all the support you've shown NTK over the past few months. Please look for this code in your inbox in the coming days.

Again, we apologise for the short notice and thanks very much for playing NTK.

- The Neopets & Meteor Games Teams

Aw really? I had not expected that.. Wonder why they are shutting down... Oh well, it was definitely fun to play for as long as it lasted. I wish I had the site theme on my new account...

How do you get the theme again? Might play quickly on a new facebook account to receive it.

what, why??? i don't get why they would do something like that... it's just... awful :/

How do you get the theme again? Might play quickly on a new facebook account to receive it.

You get the theme from completing the tutorial. So once you are open for business you get the code.

Does anyone know of a list that says all the different achievements that unlock a code for neo? I just want to be sure I got everything.

I don't think TDN has a tresure keepers page (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but sunny has the achievements.

http://www.sunnyneo.com/games/treasurekeepers/achievements.php#content

Thanks for the info Wembly! I didn't have the site theme on my new account.

It's a shame it's shutting down but at the end of the day it wasn't really worth it, at least for me. It was fun but I could be earning np in that time or working in my pets. I was addicted for about a week before I chucked it in :P lol

soooo, we get a free code on our account? but i can't redeem yet :( so no code...

IDEA: i'll get another code on another FB account, use it on my side, and get the code there, save it, then use it for my main :D isn't that genius :D

Really? That came out all of a sudden. It must be awful news for everyone who placed their time and effort on that game. :guiltysmiley:

Really? That came out all of a sudden. It must be awful news for everyone who placed their time and effort on that game. :guiltysmiley:

Not to mention the people that invested their FB credits into it, as well. Although I never have, it seems a bit ridiculous if you paid a great deal to get some good items, then all of a sudden the game just gets closed. :c Especially on such short notice; someone might log in one day and realise that all their time, money and effort were gone!

Though, perhaps they were expecting more people to invest in items through FB credit in the game, thus why they are closing it because they're not making enough profit from it? I have no idea.

That's too bad. I only played it for a while but it seemed like a fun game. I'm glad that I went to check to see if I had the site theme. I thought I had but I had never redeemed any of the codes. Going to play it for a bit today and see what else I can manage before it's shut down.

I had just started playing this game, it was so unique!

I hate how the Neopets team invests in games and bail after a very short (in game development time) lead time instead of sticking it out for more stable results. :( So many half-finished initiatives.

I hate how the Neopets team invests in games and bail after a very short (in game development time) lead time instead of sticking it out for more stable results. :( So many half-finished initiatives.

I can't say much about other ventures but in this instance, it's been around for a while, not an incredibly short amount of time (seeing as it made it out of beta). But there is no correspondence at all from meteor games, their partners, even warning their customers that this is happening so in my mind they're at fault here too, especially since we don't have any information as to the exact reason of the termination.

well

I'm at level 15

and I'm not getting quests anymore

all my character does is sit in the empty shop

so ........... it wasn't doing it for me

i don't know why they're closing it down but my best guess is yet another misunderstanding between Adam & Donna (Meteor) and the Neopets guys ...

When Treasure Keepers first started, a staff member here told me that Meteor Games has a habit of shutting down games if they don't meet their popularity expectations (this person and their family has played MG games in FB in the past). Knowing this, I chose not to get too invested into the game knowing there was a high change it would be pulled down with little to no reason [other than little popularity].

By the sounds of things, this isn't unheard of by MG so I wouldn't really point the blame towards TNT. They seem just as surprised as we are.

That said, it was a decent game. It needed a bit more attention paid to it, and now I can't wait for the code on Thursday :laughingsmiley:

/cheap-0

Aw, why must TNT close the game all of a sudden?

I like (or used to) Treasure Keepers! I mean, if it weren't for my extremely lagging Facebook, I would have certainly played it all the time! It's just awful to see it close down just like that, even though I'm not an avid gamer myself. :sad01_anim:

We'll be sending out the thank you code for the wearable, Petpet paint brush, Neopoints, and other items to players via email starting tomorrow morning.

You know, the "consolation" code (if I can call it that) will probably be more profitable than everything you could have earned from beating TK anyway (well, the gift basket was pretty pricey, but we'll see).