Linsta's Art - A New Beginning

linsta

I haven't entered since the beginning of February *facedesk*

But watch! Hopefully May will be my comeback, although I'm not a fan of any of the May holidays xD. I just passed my birthday in california and I told myself I have to start drawing again after I got back from vacation :3

I have a new username now though ^.^

I hope to see more of your art soon! :D I've been entering a bunch but haven't gotten in for a while.

Why'd you switch accounts?

Well I remembered the pw to this account, and it was just easier using an older account so I don't have to be on 2 accounts at the same time to use the attic and other stuff, and it's nice having 3 transfers a month :).

I guess though I was starting to get really bored, and I got too obsessed with making nps and collecting stamps so I decided I just wanted a fresh start--to not bother with lots of expensive goals, and just focus on drawing and avvie collecting. And it was way easier letting go of my old acc than I thought, and I don't care at all about making nps now so it worked out well xD

---

Oh and I guess I will leave you guys with a new drawing :3. I drew it for Tyrannian Victory Day last minute, but it didn't get in. I was kind of expecting that, since I just submitted it this morning, but I'll try again in a few days D=

Edit: Oops, I just refreshed and they added a 2nd page and it did get in actually ^.^;;. Yay! My first AG trophy on the new (old) account! I got a screal.

tyrannianday.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Your art is fantastic! o: I was wondering if you had a deviantart account? c:

Aww, thanks! I used to have a deviantart account... "linn3h" on dA. But I haven't used it since 2007...so I don't know if that counts xD. I was considering making a new deviantart account to kind of network with other neopets artists and maybe draw/post other types of fanart. I'm too embarrassed to use my old ones because my RL friends will see xD

Also, grats on your AG win for Yurble Day :)

---

2 new drawings in the AG. Koi Day and Yurble Day:

2012-05-24_569_0488201001337878805.jpg

2012-05-29_46_0673437001338306514.jpg

I am so proud of myself for spending less time drawing :D. I usually take like 4 hours, but lately I've been starting my drawings in the morning right before the AG comes out so I only have 1.5 hours to do each one xD. I think the time limit really helps.

I saw the Yurble one yesterday. :D

I really love the Koi one. The Mamga, sizzling when it's tail is in the water, is a really cute idea.

Thanks! I was worried it would be hard to see the steam since everything is so bright so I'm glad that's not the case :)

-----

Edit (6/1/12):

New AG entry for fyora day:

2012-06-01_800_0531910001338570311.jpg

I spent SO LONG on this (like 6 hours?). Mostly because I can't draw people at all. I probably struggled with the anatomy/perspective in my sketch for like 2 hours alone. And since I almost never draw people, and am so terrible at it, I wanted to work extra hard on this to get some practice (anatomy, hair, clothes, angles, etc). I started this at 3am last night. That plus playing games for trophies all night the day before = very sleep deprived xD

Prizes: Feloreena (Fyora Day), Pink PB (Yurble Day), Black PPPB (Koi Day), Screal (TY Victory Day)

I was super excited about getting the pink pb the other day! That is the best prize I have EVER gotten from the AG! And Feloreena makes 3 UBs in a row *throws confetti*

ALSO, I got first place in the RC today too! Double bonus! My entry is below:

deiimos.jpg

Made the newspage twice this week ^.^ (I think it's random but it's always exciting for me since I know some people don't check past the news page)

Edit: Oops, I didn't actually put the image for the RC. It's up now :)

There's an adorable picture of Fyora right there. :3

These cookies look very well made and tasty as well. May I please have the Darigan Citadel one?

*gives SEAP a LD cookie and neomysterion a DC cookie*

But really, I ate them all in like 2 days. Because I am a piggy :)

Everyone's been asking for a cookie xD. My friend actually really wanted one but priority shipping is too expensive :(

I didn't know these cookies are yours Lin :D may I have one Shenkuu cookie please ?

I submitted an entry for Random Contest but I don't know if I'm one of the 41 entries that won 3rd place yet ... we'll see when they give out the trophies .. I hope to get in .. I want that avatar so bad and I'm horrible with the Random Contest but I was able to make some middle eastern snacks which suit the Altador theme ...

I absolutely loved your Fyora Day entry. I thought it captured her features perfectly. :D

Those cookies look super good. (They wouldn't have made it long in my house either. I doubt they would have made it past the first day.)

I didn't know these cookies are yours Lin :D may I have one Shenkuu cookie please ?

I submitted an entry for Random Contest but I don't know if I'm one of the 41 entries that won 3rd place yet ... we'll see when they give out the trophies .. I hope to get in .. I want that avatar so bad and I'm horrible with the Random Contest but I was able to make some middle eastern snacks which suit the Altador theme ...

Aww, what did you make? I hope you won too! I'm not sure how they judge it. Sometimes they have 100 runner ups and sometimes less? Maybe they take all the ones that qualify for the theme up to 100?

The random contest was lots of fun though. I even enter it again if there's a good theme. What's with the current theme... make a cage?? Like I feel no inclination to do that..what would I do with it xD

I absolutely loved your Fyora Day entry. I thought it captured her features perfectly. :D

Those cookies look super good. (They wouldn't have made it long in my house either. I doubt they would have made it past the first day.)

Aww, thank you! I was worried I made it too anime-ish so I redid the eyes. I'm really glad they took my fixed submission rather than the first one since I think it looks much better :).

I made Hummus , Stuffed Grape Leaves (we Lebanese are famous for these two) , and Cheese Stuffed Olives

I know it's not "Altador Cup Themed" but not all winners were ... like Shenkuu Lily Pads

I think I deleted the pic but I'll try to find it again

Even if I didn't win , it was delicious :)

17923110151751003605316.jpg

Ohh, that looks delicious!! Well it kind of looks like a yyb so you never know xD. If you had the pitas pointing out though it would have looked more like one :). Good luck, I hope you win!! I think if you gave a good description relating them to the AC, that would be ok? There was that bean/lentil entry that didn't look like anything AC-ish but they explained how each dish corresponded to a type of yooyu (I guess based on colour?)

I WON I WON I WON :D :D

Third place trophy and THE AVATAR !!!

I tried to make them look like the actual items .. I guess it was enough :D

alf_hummus_pita.gifalf_grapeleaves.gifalf_cheese_olive.gif

Grats!!! And I didn't know about those items xD. They look a lot like those :)

I am going to go creep linn3h C;

you should definitely make a new account! C:

awh shucks, thanks! I'm trying to get in tons.. C:

congrats on you too!

I do miss being on deviantart, but then I'm kind of scared to start a new one because I'm worried I won't be active like I want to xD. Actually, I had an account before linn3h called wingedmaelstrom. I was super active on that one but I wasn't that active on linn3h so I guess I gave up. Like I used to draw at least 2-3 pictures a week. It's like I had an endless amount of ideas and I could never even draw all of them, but now that motivation is gone :(

I'm going to Ghana for a month but when I get back I will definitely start up a new account!

• 2 weeks later...

awh, it doesn't matter that much so long as you upload occasionally! C:

You have to tell me your new account when you make it! C:

I'm kind of debating whether I should make a new deviantart. I feel like I wouldn't be very active on the community and then it would feel kind of pointless :/. And I don't know if I would keep my neo and non-neo art separate.

I noticed you've been getting in the AG a lot lately! Grats!

-stares- Your art is so pretty! I'm jealous I can't draw as fantastic as you~ :3

Aww, it just takes time and practice x3. There are tons of artists I'm jealous of too xD

---------

Anyways, I am going to try to draw a new picture each day for 14 days, since that's how long of a break I have. Most of them will be AG pictures, and maybe a few comics. I just want to get all my july AG entries done in advance since I will be in Ghana and might not have time to draw!

Sooo, I'm open to any ideas of what you guys think I should draw :).

Day 1 (yesterday): Kads!

kads_wm.jpg

Sorry, for the watermark and bad quality. Some of these I won't be submitting for a while so I just want to be safe. If they get in to the AG, I'll put up the AG version of them :)

Your art's absolutely beautiful ~♥ I really dig your style, it's cartoon obviously because it's neopets, yet you make it like a professional painting :O

You should really continue making art :) I'm kind of like you too, I have no inspiration to draw at all, and when I get into making a petpage for my darling pets I'm suddenly all over the place making art for them.