Ways to remove a tooth?

neeker2

Well, I have this loose tooth(molar). It refuses to come out! It is only half still attached and is shifted and pushed down somewhat. I go to the dentist I think sometime this week, and I NEED to get this thing out! Ideas?

If you're going to the dentist why don't you just get him to take it out??

NO. DO NOT DO THAT.

Why? Because you will not only do yourself some serious damage, but you will run the EXTREMELY high risk of infection. As someone who had an infected jaw from bugs getting into the erupted wisdom tooth hole, you do NOT want that.

I've removed almost all my teeth myself and nothing bad has happened(similar thing has happened before).I always wash my hands etc and use a paper towel. No problems yet. I remember pulling a tooth that wasn't even loose and I was fine. Plus, the hole is filled by the new tooth.

I assume that loose tooth is a baby tooth and not an adult tooth if not I'd be scared for you lol. x_x

It's best to get the dentist to yank out the tooth for you. They have special equipment for that. Also, just because you didn't get anything bad from your previous experiences with pulling out teeth doesn't mean you're immune to infections and such... Well, good luck on that.

It sounds like it's positioned exactly like a molar I had to get pulled. Turns out it was like a suction cup on the gum (even with the other tooth coming in) and all my orthodontist had to do is take a pair of pliers and get it off... no problem, no medication, and no pain... after months of me trying to pull it out on my own. I thought it was half attached but it was actually all the way out, just stuck. So hopefully yours is just like that. Really the only thing you can do is try to keep pulling but if it's suction cupped like mine was then it's probably not going to come out without the help of a dentist. Otherwise just keep trying to pull it out but don't hurt yourself.

• 7 years later...

This is such a nice guide. Thanks for the details. Well, at this moment I am quite interested in the dental whitening treatment so that can have my headshots for modeling portfolio. I was just wondering if anyone here knows about a good Torrance dentist for the cosmetic treatments!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump ancient topics, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic