My Hair

Scarlet Fever

Which Hairstyle Do You Like (Keep in mind color will be black)?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick A Number:

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Other (totally open to suggestions...especially if they have pictures. lol)

I have had pretty much the same hairstyle since high school....long (seriously...it reaches my bum), straight, auburn, no bangs. I like my hair, but I'm kind of craving something different.

I've already decided I'm going to dye it jet black (a color not seen on me since junior high. lol...I'm keeping my favored crazy colors to a minimum until I've lost my "so this is what happens when you go from high active job to a housewife" weight)...and while I have a basic idea of what I'm going for (kind of a cropped, at the chin thing) there are a few details I'm having trouble with; bangs vs. no bangs...symmetrical vs. asymmetrical.....and I have a few pictures and wanted to see what your thoughts were. Hm..think I will make a poll.

1. We're leaning towards this one:

rihanna_bob_bangs.jpg

Medium-length-hairstyles-2012.jpg

Hayley-Williams-Bold-Red-Hair-Color.jpg

Sweat-Highlights-Bob-Hairstyle.jpg

I chose picture #4, the woman in that picture has a pretty nice hairdo in my opinion. Picture #2 is a near identical hairdo in my humble opinion.

I can't wait to see your new hairdo when it's ready!

v Me and Naamah posted at the same minute! 0_o

I like the last one because it's asymmetrical and depending on your face type asymmetrical can be VERY flattering. Oh and also if your hair that long and you are getting a short haircut, you should consider donating it(just a thought).

@Neomysterion Holy crap! We did!

Never really been a fan of short hair, to be honest. All I can offer is that, if it's a dramatic change (long to very short), be sure of what you want. I have seen one too many hair cutting disasters where my friends regret cutting their hair off and then have to wait months (or years) for it to regrow.

Also, a good tip is to bring in a few styles you like and ask your hairdresser. They know what styles flatter which face shape, bone structure, etc.

Also, a good tip is to bring in a few styles you like and ask your hairdresser. They know what styles flatter which face shape, bone structure, etc.

You should definitely do this. It's impossible to pick the best haircut without knowing what shape face you have! I totally support cutting it all off though.

I agree with Emily on all her points. When I had hair almost down to my bum, I went to the hairdresser for a trim, and I asked her to even it out and tidy it up a bit. When she was done, she had cut 10 inches off my hair. I was honestly traumatized by the experience. That was 5 years ago, and my hair still hasn't grown back to that length. :worried:

Since you have had very long hair for a long, long time now, you are used to the weight of it. Cutting your hair even half as short as you are considering will very likely feel disconcerting for a few days.

And, yes, ask a hairdresser you trust to help you choose the best style for your face and body. I good hairdresser will have a good artistic sense for this. Also, as someone mentioned, donating your hair is a great idea.

Definitely a good idea. I'm lucky enough that my best friend is an amazing hairdresser, so not only am I not worried that she won't butcher me, but I know she'll be honest with me as well.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about it looking bad. I used to be pretty adventurous when it came to my hair. If it looks bad..meh...it grows and I've got some pretty snazzy hats. lol

Thanks all for the wonderfully suggestions! I have a slightly better grasp of what I want (probably no bangs. lol) and I'll definitely bring some picks to J and get her suggestion.

I think Rihanna's hair looks the nicest ^_^ I used to have that cut and I had a lot of compliments on it. I had it reeaal short at the back though, it wasn't like a straight bob all the way round. I say that one :)

It's something I'd really think hard about before you make any decisions though. I used to have lovely long hair that I didn't appreciate, and I ended up cutting it off at 16. My natural colour changed from a strawberry blonde to a mousey brown and I really regret cutting it all off :(. Even if your hair grows quickly it will take years and years to get back to it's current length.

I have seen a picture of you and I reckon short hair would suit you if you're definitely sure ^_^

I honestly believe, if you've had super long hair all your life, be sure you want it cut. I honestly believe cutting it all off and making it so short, especially when you like your hair, would be a super big mistake, as I've done so before in the past when I was younger, and after about a week thought "what on earth have I done to my hair". However, that is from my point of view and not yours.

Cutting hair so short from such a length normally means you will never have that length of hair again without the use of extensions, etcetera. So, just a warning to be sure you know what you want, and I would perhaps not cut it so drastically short. Get layers cut into your hair and get your fringe, and see how that works for you before you just... you know, chop it all off.

Also be prepared for a lot of attention. I know somebody who cut 13 inches off of her hair and got so sick and tired of the "OMG YOU GOT A HAIRCUT!!!" crap.

Lol, I find it kind of funny, actually.

I compromised a bit and it's a shoulder length a-line bit, no bangs. I'm quite happy with it. :)

No pictures at the moment, but it looks something like this:

Aline.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions/support! <3

Glad you found a style! :D

It's kind of hard, because hairstyles can look so different with another facial shape. On me, for example, I have to have bangs or I look horrible. My forehead's not right for no bangs and my hair gets too heavy and hangs down.

I'd also like to lose a little weight so I could have my hair super-short.

• 1 month later...

I keep my hair Spiky and Black :P

Sometimes my Hair hangs to my Forehead O.o

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. The poster was asking opinions for their hair. Also, please don't bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.