The Daily Neopets Forums have gotten an upgrade!

Ian

thought something was different! ;) change is inevitable, except from a vending machine..

it will take a while to get used to, but i like it! i think the avatar/profile pic thing is a good thing, then there aren't two separate photos, never understood why that was like that in the first place. i'm just too lazy to make a new avatar.

what i will miss is the show all smileys appearing in the same window, now it opens a separate window.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly complicated...hope I adjust.

Question: For the like, will this change the User reputation? Or no?

How do you mean? :)

Is there a way to go back to the old layout?

No.

This post has been edited by a member of staff ("Anonymous") because of a violation of the forum rules.

Oh dear Ian, you really should keep your posts above the minimum length. ;)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This is certainly complicated...hope I adjust.

Question: For the like, will this change the User reputation? Or no?

I imagine it will do once it's sorted out, though I don't think the like buttons are working at the moment (?). With the other forums I use that's how it works so I reckon it's probably the same :P

It looks very clean. I'm a new member so I'll probably adjust easily. This new upgrade reminds me of my Facebook, and believe me, I have enough social networks as is. I also don't understand why the concept of an avatar had to be altered however.

However, with this being said, I'm a careful but opened person online. I suppose in a way this makes the board more personable for everyone here.

Oh the horror! THE HORROR!

It's like thinking you're about the run outside but slam into the glass door.

Anyway, it's pretty rad except it's hard to read the quote font colour and the regular text colour imo. Maybe I'm old.

Edited by hrtbrk
to add in that i may be old

The site didn't work for me ALL yesterday and last night !! I was really bummed .. but now I'm ecstatic .. it is real fun !!

so now we get to use only one image as avatar & picture ... hmmmhmm .. ok , no problem since most of you know how I look like .. but I'm going to miss my avatar Angel :ohno:

The new version looks quite complicated, if you ask me. Maybe its just because I was more...let's say, adapted with the older version.

We all need time to get used to this one. ;)

What I don't like about this layout is that, the avatar and the profile pic are the same.

What I do like is that we get to see our changes in the text before posting.

The like button still doesn't work. :mellow:

The like button still doesn't work. :mellow:

You can refer to "Voting Posts Up/Down" in The Daily Neopets Rules FAQ, the administration team has never enabled this feature (nor ever will since this may have a chance on hurting others' reputation).

I decided to keep my "avatar" pictures rather than the one I had on my profile as personal picture. You are all free to do that anyway :P

Heartbreak, I do find it hard to read quotes. I'm pretty sure we can change the CSS for that, if Ian agrees. ;)

Urgh, it may just be that I'm still annoyed about what's happened to Livejournal recently, but I'm really not liking how all the websites I frequent keep changing when they were fine before.

That said, this upgrade isn't too bad - it'll take some getting used to, but i think it'll be alright. :)

You can refer to "Voting Posts Up/Down" in The Daily Neopets Rules FAQ, the administration team has never enabled this feature (nor ever will since this may have a chance on hurting others' reputation).

There only seems to be positiveness, though...

And lol @Ian. :P

Another thing I noticed - there's no more topic descriptions. Will they come back?

I don't think that topic descriptions/subtitles ever will return in later versions of IPBoard. I'm going to miss putting subtitles in my topics though, it really added some more sense to all of my topics.

I don't think that topic descriptions/subtitles ever will return in later versions of IPBoard. I'm going to miss putting subtitles in my topics though, it really added some more sense to all of my topics.

But now you can put "tags"... which seems useful :P

It was a little shocking seeing the new layout... but I like it! :D

I think I like the new profile picture thing... it was bugging my before that I could have an avatar but couldn't change my profile pic.