I'm in need of some advice...

Alice ☮

Okay guys... long story short:

There's this guy I went to school with for two years (we were friends and hung out, but never got together outside of school). This year, he went to university, and we don't see each other in person anymore. We've been keeping touch through email for about 6 months, and haven't seen each other in person since.

Recently, he offered to play some board games with me if ever I got bored one day. Board games are played in person, so I can only assume he meant it as a "get together."

I said I'd love to, and that if he named the time and place, I'd be there.

His answer was that, though he didn't mind having me over at his house, they're in the middle of renovations, and it would be a bit chaotic (he still lives at home with his family). He also gave me a choice of Friday or Monday.

Monday is better for me. I'll tell him so. But what to do about the location?

I could always offer to have him over at my apartment, but I live alone and I don't want to give him the wrong idea.

What should I do? Am I over-thinking this?

Stick with what you're comfortable with. If you feel even slightly uneasy with having him over to your place, than don't.

You could always meet somewhere like Starbucks, or Panera Bread. Or any place like that. I often see people bring games there, whether board games or card games.

You know, I've been such a shut-in lately I'd forgotten about public places o_O

A cafe would be nice (it's too cold to do anything outside, plus there's at least a foot of snow out there).

I think I'll suggest that. Sometimes obvious things just don't occur to me >_<

I think that would really be a great idea. I've done it quite a few times. I'll go with a friend, get a tea or soda, and sit and play games, generally card games. It's a nice atmosphere, so it makes it really enjoyable.

You could also look for smaller coffee/tea places. We have one place here, that actually has a stash of board games in the store.

Awww!! That sounds like fun! I'm not sure if a cafe or Starbucks would be too busy and I'm sure ppl would give ya'll dirty looks if there's no more tables and you 2 are cozy at one for a couple of hours. It sounds like you don't want to date him so definitely don't have him at your place when it might get quiet and awkward. Maybe just go over to his place...its going to be slightly weird bc you'll probably meet a family member. So offer to go to a coffee shop if the renovations are too much and see what he says bc he'll know whats best for his house and the noise. That's my opinion =)

Hey guys! Update! So we went to his house in the end, because it was snowing like crazy. We played board games I had never even heard of! It was fun and not awkward at all. His brothers were there, and so were his parents, and it was surprisingly not awkward . It didn't have the "date vibe". And I only stayed for a couple of hours. It was really nice to catch up after so long :3