Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I think I can stick around a little while this time.

Sorry for the long leave of absence... this first year of college hasn't been a joke! XD

• 1 month later...

Finally have time to be back on here again! I made an account over break and couldn't return since classes started, so I've barely been around. It's been a bit of a rough year, so I'm excited to get back to Neopets!

Finally have time to be back on here again! I made an account over break and couldn't return since classes started, so I've barely been around. It's been a bit of a rough year, so I'm excited to get back to Neopets!

I know how that is! Between work and school I have had absolutely no life. Now that it's summer break it will be nice for both of us to spend a little more time doing the things we enjoy- like Neo! Welcome back :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was visiting another forum site for a while, but the people here are so nice that I'll probably stay on this one.

I honestly came back this year for the Altador Cup coverage but I realized how great of a forum site this is. :)

I had a cholecystectomy today (surgery to remove gallbladder). I was excited to finally have it done after almost a year of pain.. But right now I'm just very tired and sore.

I had a cholecystectomy today (surgery to remove gallbladder). I was excited to finally have it done after almost a year of pain.. But right now I'm just very tired and sore.

Oh dear, that sounds awful! Get better soon. c:

Oh dear, that sounds awful! Get better soon. c:

Thanks! I'm feeling better now than the first couple days. Still hurts a bit, especially when I first lie down/get up. But it's definitely improving. In the long run, I think I'll be so glad to have my gallbladder gone.

I gotta start looking for a job soon now that I'm out of school... I'm not really looking forward to that. :s

I gotta start looking for a job soon now that I'm out of school... I'm not really looking forward to that. :S

Become a researcher! Look at all the info you had at your fingertips for the Von Roo epic saga that you wrote. :yes:

Become a researcher! Look at all the info you had at your fingertips for the Von Roo epic saga that you wrote. :yes:

Maybe haha, I'll take any job I can get... The problem is I have lots of anxiety and I would get panicky during job interviews. Anyone have advice on how to be more confident during a job interview?

Yeah I heard that helps, but I'm afraid that right when I sit down I won't be able to speak. .-.

I wish I had a magic word to take away your anxiety, sadly I don't. All I can say is, our fears before something are very, very often far, far worse than the experience itself. We wind ourselves up with endless "what ifs". Maybe you'll find a job you are keen to do, and you'll get a 'phone interview. :)

I wish I had a magic word to take away your anxiety, sadly I don't. All I can say is, our fears before something are very, very often far, far worse than the experience itself. We wind ourselves up with endless "what ifs". Maybe you'll find a job you are keen to do, and you'll get a 'phone interview. :)

Hmm... thanks for the response! You're right, I am probably worrying too much. I just need more self-confidence. c:

Hmm... thanks for the response! You're right, I am probably worrying too much. I just need more self-confidence. c:

It's hard to not worry too much. Particularly in your situation; looking for your first job's got to be about the first big adult thing a lot of people do in their lives. Talk about a giant step out into the unknown!

Have you considered doing some volunteering while you're looking for a job? It's fantastic experience on all kinds of levels, and it would absolutely help you gain self-confidence. Particularly in the interview process, because with interviews for volunteers they actively want YOU so there's zero stress involved.

It's hard to not worry too much. Particularly in your situation; looking for your first job's got to be about the first big adult thing a lot of people do in their lives. Talk about a giant step out into the unknown!

Have you considered doing some volunteering while you're looking for a job? It's fantastic experience on all kinds of levels, and it would absolutely help you gain self-confidence. Particularly in the interview process, because with interviews for volunteers they actively want YOU so there's zero stress involved.

No, I never really thought about volunteering I guess... Maybe that would be helpful.

No, I never really thought about volunteering I guess... Maybe that would be helpful.

It's a super good way of trying out a job type with zero commitment, and helps you to meet a bunch of different people. Of course it all depends on what the volunteering opportunities available in your area are, it's definitely worth considering though. :yes:

It's a super good way of trying out a job type with zero commitment, and helps you to meet a bunch of different people. Of course it all depends on what the volunteering opportunities available in your area are, it's definitely worth considering though. :yes:

Thanks, I will look into that! Hopefully I can find something that isn't very stressful. c:

Ah well...that's another joy of volunteering, if for ANY reason you don't enjoy it, you just stop doing it :D

On the other hand, you could end up trying something and you absolutely love it, and have found a career path that you'd never have got to try, or maybe even thought of, without the volunteer experience.

As an aside, my sister volunteers for an animal shelter near where she lives, she spends every Saturday knee-deep in bunnies, lol. 

Well I'm not much of a people person... so maybe something with helping animals would be a good fit for me.

I should've started volunteering sooner probably. .-.

Oh hey now, you'd not thought of it until I suggested it, and clearly no-one else had suggested it before. Don't go looking for reasons to beat yourself up. If you've just finished school I don't suppose you had a whole lot of free time anyway.

The thought of fluffy critters is appealing to you, isn't it? :shiftyeyes_anim: Well, let's face it, who wouldn't it appeal to, lol! Though my sister can attest to the fact that the bunnies she looks after produce a whole lot of poop for her to clean up. :laughingsmiley:

I volunteered for 2.5 years while in high school, with a large variety of animals. I absolutely loved it. Cleaning isn't the most fun thing, and it can get messy, but it's so worth it. It also helped with my communication skills, because the people I worked with were also passionate about animals, and it was fun to answer questions that visitors had. But equally, it was a safe retreat at times where I didn't feel like talking as much. Animals are good listeners.