Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I dropped out of high school because life got in the way and have been slowly taking online courses working towards my diploma. I could have gone the easier/faster route of just getting my GED certificate but I wanted to put the work in. So far it's been worth it! I'm just finishing up my electives requirements and have my math, social and science remaining. I plan on redoing my English as I sort of bombed it because I ran out of time because we were moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you!!!

There seems to be this fit path for how education should go, and if you stray from the path then it means your bad and should feel bad.

But no!!! Education is about taking the time YOU need to learn the stuff, not the time other people think you need.

But it can be hard admitting that what works for other people doesn't work for you. So I'm always really happy for people who have realized that something isn't going right with the way things currently are, and then take steps to make it better.

---

One little happy thing from me - I bought a little key chain. It says 'Accio keys'. (It's 10 usd on etsy, by seller GeekTags.) I thought I lost it about a month ago. I went to walk a neighbors dogs, and there it was in front of their house! It was scratched up, but I was so happy to see it! What a nice coincidence, that I was in the right place at the right time to find it!!

@brynchilla Thank you! When I first started doing distance learning I struggled until I found the right system for me for studying and learning the material and making sure not to rush through it. Now I take my time and make sure I have a good grasp of the topic or lesson before moving on. My day to day life is rather busy but I still find time to sit down and get some studying done. I found by doing distance learning my marks were actually higher then they were when I was going to class. It's worked for me and I just wish I would have buckled down sooner so each course I wouldn't be spending a pile of money on. I pay $100/credit + textbook and other materials. For my textbook I can return it when I'm done and get most of the rental fee back which is nice and I'm not stuck with a textbook I'll never use again.

That's lucky that you found your key chain! :)

This past week I had a friend come over and together we went through and cleaned and organized my entire kitchen. It's amazing the junk and stuff that we found. My cupboards now look a ton better! In one cupboard buried behind things were a few cans of crushed tomatoes. Now these cans were so old (from 2013) they looked about ready to explode! I'm so glad we got them out of the cupboard and the house before that happened! After 7 years of being in this house it was well past time to go through things!

• 1 month later...

Welp , I'm posting because you need a post count for the pet lends. I better think of something to say before this is considered spam.

Oh here we go , I once had a pet baby snapping turtle for around a year, Eventually I released him into a small pond because I found it too challenging to constantly find him food and clean his 30 gallon tank. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 22 also from Ohio :) I like too read, write, and watch anime and read manga. I strive too learn more and gain knowledge. I'm sweet, kind, funny, and original. I like too be nice and hate fighting. I am nothing like a Capricorn :P I like my little pony and cartoons. I have Asperger syndrome, which is high functioning autism. I have OCD (mild) and intrusive thoughts, and depression and anxiety . But I'm pretty good. I post here too look for some 18 and up chatting buddies 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Woohoo, another Project Diva fan! I've sunk so much of my life into those games XD I think F is my favorite of the bunch, although 2nd is pretty good. Even if it's kind of hard to go back to the older ones now XD

• 1 month later...

i dont like anything about the person i was when i created the signature and avatar for this account

hey tdn good to see ya, hope youre sleeping well and i hope that rash cleared up

see ya again someday, until then take care

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I decided to tackle my flower garden and yank all the weeds out. I've let it go so long that I had thistles almost 4 feet tall to yank out. One of them almost got the best of me too! I had so much momentum when pulling the one out that it knocked me over onto my back. Here I'm just losing it laughing at myself and cursing this stubborn weed in a child friendly way and my 3 year old is rushing over to me and asks if I'm alright. My 5 year old also comes over and asks what happened, so then she has to go inside and tell her Dad that Mum got knocked over by a weed. :laugh:

Today I had the other half to finish and was smarter! I grabbed the big shovel out of the shed and used it to help dig them out. None of them got the better of me today! Now I can cross that off my list and don't have to worry about it for a while.

I mainly wanted to get it done before my in-laws come out in two weeks. If Mom seen my garden that way she'd go and weed it out for me and yank out things that shouldn't be yanked out. She did that in the fall last year when she brought me some daffodil and tulip bulbs to plant. Thanks to her I lost one of my lily plants and I'm not too thrilled. I'm just glad she didn't yank out my red ones. I would have been furious over those being gone. It was bad enough last summer when my oldest decided to pick all the flowers off and bring them too me. I was not impressed and got super mad at her. She learned and remembered and hasn't picked me any flowers, except for dandelions, which she's allowed to pick.

Now that that's all done I can resume hiding in my house! :D

You need to train your minions in this thistle-wrangling skill. :ph34r:

Gah, it's such a family thing isn't it?! The destroying of something you want by "helping". :rolleyes: My mum did the same, admittedly it was just pulling some chickweed out of two pots that have rosemary growing in them, but I WANTED that in there, lol.

Yeah, my yard really needs me to go weed between the flowers.  It's gotten so bad that I'm not sure I'll be able to find the flowers to work around them...  One time, we had Agave, which has like 100 babies a year, and a couple of aloe plants nearby.  And so we finally were getting rid of the agave, and my mom had it done while I was gone, and she was trying to tell them not to take the aloe, but she was unable to properly identify aloe, and so pulled up both aloe plants, and left agaves instead.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You need to train your minions in this thistle-wrangling skill. :ph34r:

Gah, it's such a family thing isn't it?! The destroying of something you want by "helping". :rolleyes: My mum did the same, admittedly it was just pulling some chickweed out of two pots that have rosemary growing in them, but I WANTED that in there, lol.

Their form of helping would be throwing dirt at me, at each other or on themselves. :laugh:

They did help keep the pup occupied though so that was helpful. Whenever my husband or I do something outside Mouse is always there with a toy and she literally yells at us by way of a very loud ear piercing bark until we play with her.

Whoops! She did yank out a weed though.

I sometimes having a hard time telling where my flowers are and where the weeds are in the spring so I tend to not weed things out right away. I don't want to end up pulling out some of my precious flowers. It does help that I know where I've planted things.

In May my 5 yer old and I went to the greenhouse across the street from us and I got a pink geranium that she picked out to give to Grandma who was coming for a visit that weekend. She must have been annoyed at me for leaving her at home with my oldest and taking the baby girl and middle sister to the doctors and ended up leaving the geranium behind. I had put it into a bigger pot so it would stay alive and grow and so I could give it to her the next time she came out but I changed my mind. I planted it yesterday in my garden instead.

I had to take the baby girl to the doctors for a bump on the back of her head. Monday was the only day to go as it's walk-in all day, without waiting all day at the hospital for our doc to be free from his clinic. It wasn't anything serious just a lymph node that's reactive to any kind of bugs or infections. So if she's sick it'll be more noticeable.

Now that today is windy and miserable out it's time to catch up on some school-work with my oldest. Homeschooling her this summer to build on some things she learned in Kindergarten and teach her things that she didn't receive proper instruction in so that she's ready for grade 1 in September. :D

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Mousey, seriously do you ever manage to sleep?

That is a very good question! I do actually manage about 6-8 hours a night if my insomnia isn't keeping me up.

I'm very busy every day that I hardly have time to relax and do things for myself like study, catch up on work or even draw. Things will calm down a bit once school starts up again in September. Doesn't help that I'm slowly organizing and cleaning up my house either. This week I want to finish the girls' closet. I have to sand the walls, paint them and start putting the shelving in.

We got 4 pages front and back done of writing practice today. 4 Letters and 4 numbers. It's mostly just tracing but repetition builds muscle memory. I have numbers from 0 - 20 laminated as well as her letters. This way she can write on them with a marker and they just wipe clean. Saves printing new ones each time when it's something we're doing a lot of.

Yep, you totally deserve your super mom title!

But...how do you manage to procrastinate when you don't have a spare second for doing that at any point? lol.

Though I guess it's easy to put off doing something if you manage that by being very busy doing something else instead! :laugh:

Thanks! :heart:

Procrastinating is a special skill that takes some dedication lol! :laugh:

My normal day starts with a page long to do list on one of those list pads. On it I highlight everything that is important and that takes priority and everything that's in progress gets its little star bullet circled. When it's done I cross it off and add other things lol, so it's never a small list. So I can have things on my list that can be there for days before I finally decide to tackle that task. Like one is to clean the windows in my living room. I have 2/3 done on the inside and I did that about 6-7 days ago.

I'm literally on the go from the time I get up until after everyone is asleep and don't normally crash until maybe an hour after they're all asleep so that I get some time for myself.

Today we have some more school work to catch up on. We'll probably do a journal entry where she has to write a sentence and draw a picture. Two skills she needs to work on in one activity! Then if/when her little sister sleeps we'll do some worksheets in her math and reading workbooks. If not then I'll set them both up on Education.com with their lessons while I go and do other things. We also have to go for a walk today. I'm expecting a package of some movies I ordered from the Disney Movie Club for my oldests' birthday in less than 2 weeks.

Let's see how much I get done today lol. :laugh:

Summer is always a crazy season for me since it's nice out we can get out and do things. My husband just started his 8 days on today so it'll be a bit quieter, but not by much. On his 6 days off we catch up on things around the house and yard that we can't during the "week".

It's tiring me out just reading these posts, lol!

Are you afraid that if you ever actually stop you'll never get going again?

Not really, I'm just on a mission to get things done lol. It keeps me busy so I don't just end up sitting around home eating chocolate all day lol.

Mostly everything is one me to do since my husband can't really do much. He injured his shoulder in the fall at work. He has a tear in his rotatory cuff and developed what they called frozen shoulder with it so he has very limited mobility on his right side, which of course is his dominant side. Even doing yard work is difficult for him. We had to spend extra money on a battery powered yard trimmer because the gas ones he can't start because they're a pull-start and I certainly can't either.

I'm also trying to get things done before my in-laws come out. I don't have the best relationship with them anymore and on this visit they're already going to be mad that we got a new van and spent another pile of money on it when our other one was just about paid off. But alas none of their business, just don't need to rock the boat too much all at once lol. The less they have to complain about this round the better. :D

Oh man, some people on this planet must have a good relationship with their in-laws, surely? It defies the laws of physics for ALL in-laws to be a pain. >_<

Your hubby's shoulder will get better though, right?

LOL you'd think.

We're not too sure. Recovery is slow unfortunately. It can take up to a year or more before the frozen shoulder goes away and then there's dealing with the actual tear. He's been going to Physio almost every week since December, so we'll see how things go. His therapist is going to talk to his doctor since they're in the same practice and find out what else they can do. He can't even do his normal job so he's on modified duties and bored out of his mind. Doesn't help that it's 10 hour days 8 days in a row, but the 6 days off are nice. :D

EDIT: And all I did today was go for a walk with my girls, watched Avatar this afternoon together, unloaded & reloaded the dishwasher while I had them on Education.com doing learning games, bathe the baby and get her laundry in the washer. I just went down to check her sleeper she was wearing earlier before her bath and thanks to my quick actions I got the stain out. I pre-washed it with baby soap before washing it and all clean. I'm impressed lol. Usually a stain like that takes at least 2 washes and some stain remover. The girls are all asleep and I'm going to continue my streaming of Hawaii Five-0 before calling it a night. :D

You're giving me flash-backs of when my sister was a baby and not on solids yet...lol Orange poop stains!

Mu mum used cloth nappies (sorry, diapers!) too, with plastic pants over the top. That went all stiff and crackly really rather quickly, no surprise there was leakage!

That's a slow recovery D:<

But life works like that, maybe...like the thing with eating fattening food, "moment on the lips - lifetime on the hips"...hmm...[whatever] in haste; repent at leisure...I'm...rambling. :blush02:

Lol! I use Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive on this little girl. I don't have the time or patience for cloth diapers. The icky leaks don't happen too often. I looked at her while I was cleaning her up on the change mat and I'm like yup you need a bath. Which was actually good that I did give her a bath since she slept very well and wasn't up as much as she has been lately.

It's a very slow recovery and is going to take some time.

Arg today is going to be a very long painful day on my sanity. My oldest has a gigantic attitude, and the middle child is following suit. I'll be a referee for most of the day it looks like. I told my husband I'd trade him spots. He can stay home with Miss Attitude and I'll go to work for him.

In the meantime I've got the robovac cleaning my floors. I love this guy! He can get to places better than I normally can and even polishes the floor too. Hopefully he can get everywhere on his charge. :D

EDIT: I finally finished cleaning the inside of the living room windows. Tomorrow morning if I'm up early enough I want to start on the outside before it gets too hot out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if I've ever posted in this thread of not. o.o

Anyway, I recently bought a new phone, as my current plan for the LG G3 ended on the 4th of this month. I was looking into getting the LG G6 but couldn't see myself paying $90 a month... So, I opted for the Samsung A5 2017. I couldn't have chosen a better phone as it works soo much better! :3