Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

@Mouseykins, they have animal doors keyed to collar tags or maybe even microchips, where it'll be locked unless the right pet is the one trying to open it.  That way no animals or small children can wander through or get stuck.

I like veggie sushi.  Not sure I'd like it with raw fish and stuff...  I like my foods fully cooked!  I have the stuff to make it, but I don't do so very often.

Duma, you're most likely right that they would do something like that. I can also see K pushing A through the doggy door and trying to yard her out if she gets stuck. :laugh:

@balloongal247 I'm aware of such technology, however Mouse is a pup who prefers to be naked. She never wears a collar around home, even though she's technically supposed to for her dog license for the town. But I don't even bother getting her licensed since it's just a money maker for the town and they get enough from us. Friends down the street had their dog licensed and it's supposed to keep you from being fined if your dog gets out, not the actual case. They were fined. I don't bother wasting $30 on it. When we go for trips and take Mouse with us she has to wear her halter and she has a love/hate relationship with it. She loves it for the fact that it means she gets to go on an adventure and she hates wearing it for prolonged periods of time.

Plus a collar would just give the girls something else to yank on. :laugh:

@Mouseykins, is Mouse microchipped? (if not, they should be!)  Like I said, I *think* there are some that work by sensing for the microchip, so that even if the pet loses their collar (or doesn't wear one), they aren't locked out.  That might work for you.

I just open the doors constantly, especially for one of my cats (the cats are allowed onto the screened in porch, not actually outside).  If he gets too bad about it though, I just won't open the door, and if he meows too much about that, I just shoo him away from the door.

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

@Mouseykins, is Mouse microchipped? (if not, they should be!)  Like I said, I *think* there are some that work by sensing for the microchip, so that even if the pet loses their collar (or doesn't wear one), they aren't locked out.  That might work for you.

I just open the doors constantly, especially for one of my cats (the cats are allowed onto the screened in porch, not actually outside).  If he gets too bad about it though, I just won't open the door, and if he meows too much about that, I just shoo him away from the door.

No she's not microchipped either. I had a dog when I was a kid and he was microchipped when he was adopted. That did him a lot of good when he got out of the yard at my dad's gf's place. They went all over seeing if anyone found him and he never turned up. Someone probably kept him. Poor Donnor he was such a lovely dog and broke our hearts when he ran away. Since we keep Mouse close to home and a constant eye on her there's no real reason to get her chipped imo. We've had her since the day she was born in our house! :D

We'll just have to make do with getting up to let her out and close the door behind her. At least now our 6 year old is able to open and close the door so she can let Mouse out too. A isn't quite strong enough to open the door yet, thankfully, but she can close it so she helps too. We just have to be quick with the door so we reduce the draft that enters the house so it doesn't make it's way to Baby S too much.

@Naamah We just had the basic sushi that you can get from the supermarket. Not the best, but it was rather decent.

@balloongal247 for the things I made I actually didn't have raw fish inside (except the shrimps). It's basically the stuff you put on sandwiches, tunamayo and the same for salmon but with salmon instead of tuna of course. I do love normal sushi too though, with the raw fish. I just love fish, as long as there aren't any fishbones inside anymore. I'm a picky eater too when it comes to that: I DON'T want to pick. So no bones for me in either meat or fish. Veggie sushi is yummy too though. I just like variety. (Btw: usually supermarket sushi is horrible quality compared to sushi freshly prepared by a sushi-chef)

@Mouseykins That's the good thing about kids growing up, they start being able to help you out! But like @balloongal247 says, letting the pet wait a bit if they keep going in and out isn't bad either! At least they know that they are crossing a line. Especially now that it's winter and it snowed at your place, I bet you want that door closed as much as possible.

I'd do that but then I'd be risking having a puddle on the floor which she's done to me a few times recently because I ignored her. Can't win can I! :laugh:

9 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I'd do that but then I'd be risking having a puddle on the floor which she's done to me a few times recently because I ignored her. Can't win can I! :laugh:

That's a problem with my old lady dog.  Sometimes I'm like "it's not time for you to go", but particularly if she went earlier than normal the night before, or if there's a thunderstorm, she does that.  Usually these days it's an accident because she's like 14 years old.  However, there were times that she would poop vindictively on the floor if we left her home alone.  Like it didn't even have to be for hours, we're pretty sure she did it as soon as we left, because there were times she did it when we were only gone less than an hour, and it was totally not time for that.  Luckily she hasn't done that lately.  However, there have been times lately when she'll seemingly wet herself in her sleep.  One time on my leg.  I got up and was like "why is my pant leg so wet, while I was a little warm, I don't think I was sweating that badly...." and then checked the couch next to me and realized....

Oh, and then, because Dagny (old lady puppy) has these accidents sometimes, when we adopted a new, younger dog in May (she's about 2 now), she decided that the proper place to pee was not outside, but on my bedroom carpet!  Luckily we were already in the process of pulling out the carpet and switching to hardwood floors.

Pups sure can be a bit revengeful can't they! Mouse has done that to me a couple of times over the years. Mouse usually doesn't have accidents when we leave for a bit. She just tends to not drink as much water when we're gone. She has a spot in the basement with those puppy pads and our basement floor is easy to clean in that area.

Ick more snow overnight! Now we've probably got 2-3" or a bit more then that. The girls are happy. Mouse, not so much! It's almost belly height for her. This morning we were out to take the recycling out to be picked up and Mouse usually follows me to the gate and she just stared at me from the deck. Poor pup just about became a pupsicle. If I left her in the house she would have barked and whined which would have woken the kids up and I wasn't ready for them to be up just yet. I'm hoping the recycle truck came this morning.

This afternoon when my husband gets home he has to use the snowblower in the driveway, make a few paths in the yard for Mouse and do the sidewalks.

EDIT: We've had a disappointing and heartbreaking development today. Due to Mouse's increased water consumption we took her to the vet. They tested her and she's in the beginning stages of Kidney Disease. She also has elevated liver enzymes and has to fast for 12 hours before her blood test on Monday to see what's going on there. To manage her kidneys we're trying a change in diet so *fingers crossed* she adjusts to the switch. Both her front legs have been shaved in small patches to accommodate the blood draw, so she looks a little funny and is a bit sore. We've been helping her up onto the couch and down as much as possible to help her rest. They even trimmed her nails too! We're used to her having somewhat long nails which she trims herself and she makes a distinct clicking when she walks. Now she sounds so different walking! I"m just glad she has something that is treatable. We are not finished with her and need more time with our special girl. :heart:

On 11/2/2017 at 12:06 PM, Mouseykins said:

EDIT: We've had a disappointing and heartbreaking development today. Due to Mouse's increased water consumption we took her to the vet. They tested her and she's in the beginning stages of Kidney Disease. She also has elevated liver enzymes and has to fast for 12 hours before her blood test on Monday to see what's going on there. To manage her kidneys we're trying a change in diet so *fingers crossed* she adjusts to the switch. Both her front legs have been shaved in small patches to accommodate the blood draw, so she looks a little funny and is a bit sore. We've been helping her up onto the couch and down as much as possible to help her rest. They even trimmed her nails too! We're used to her having somewhat long nails which she trims herself and she makes a distinct clicking when she walks. Now she sounds so different walking! I"m just glad she has something that is treatable. We are not finished with her and need more time with our special girl. :heart:

Oh my gosh this is horrible! We've been dealing with the shaved bits on our pup lately as well. My girl, Minnie, was hit by a car and they had her shaved to give her stitches and and IV. The hair has ALMOST grown back, but man she looked pretty silly during the whole deal. I'm so glad what Mouse has is treatable as well!! Fingers crossed for your pup that she adjusts to the new diet :)

5 hours ago, BrittanyLee said:

Oh my gosh this is horrible! We've been dealing with the shaved bits on our pup lately as well. My girl, Minnie, was hit by a car and they had her shaved to give her stitches and and IV. The hair has ALMOST grown back, but man she looked pretty silly during the whole deal. I'm so glad what Mouse has is treatable as well!! Fingers crossed for your pup that she adjusts to the new diet :)

Thanks!

They wrapped her paws yesterday for us and in the evening we changed the bandages. I have to attempt to change them myself. One fell off and the other one is loose. Hopefully if I catch her while she's resting she'll let me. If not we'll have to wait until Dad gets home and he can bandage her boo-boos. She has polysporin on to help her legs heal. She's not washing them so that's good. Our main reason for keeping them wrapped is so she can't wash them. We'll get the results back in a couple of days, so we'll know what's going on with our girl. :heart:

Awe I'm sorry to hear about your Minnie. I'm glad she's doing better and I hope her recovery continues to go well. :D

18 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Thanks!

They wrapped her paws yesterday for us and in the evening we changed the bandages. I have to attempt to change them myself. One fell off and the other one is loose. Hopefully if I catch her while she's resting she'll let me. If not we'll have to wait until Dad gets home and he can bandage her boo-boos. She has polysporin on to help her legs heal. She's not washing them so that's good. Our main reason for keeping them wrapped is so she can't wash them. We'll get the results back in a couple of days, so we'll know what's going on with our girl. :heart:

Awe I'm sorry to hear about your Minnie. I'm glad she's doing better and I hope her recovery continues to go well. :D

I totally understand the bandage struggle. Minnie had both front paws bandaged to keep her from chewing on her stitches and I was the WORST bandage changer. At one point she went outside to do her business and one just flew off. I mean FLEW off and hit the fence. It was not my shining moment. I'm just glad I was outside and could catch it before she went to chewing on her stitches. 

4 hours ago, BrittanyLee said:

I totally understand the bandage struggle. Minnie had both front paws bandaged to keep her from chewing on her stitches and I was the WORST bandage changer. At one point she went outside to do her business and one just flew off. I mean FLEW off and hit the fence. It was not my shining moment. I'm just glad I was outside and could catch it before she went to chewing on her stitches. 

Oh my goodness! Thankfully you caught it before she started chewing on them!

Mouse is basically back to normal now, constantly wanting to play. Her bandages came off yesterday and she hasn't been licking her legs so I've left them off. Later I'll see if I can squeeze her into letting me put some more polysporin on her legs and some on her neck. They took some blood from her neck too so they wouldn't bruise or hurt her legs any more. Monday they said if the bandages come off and she's washing her legs then we might have to come back in and get a cone put on her. I can just imagine this little pup wandering around with a cone on her head, running into everything and just being even more of an all around cranky girl. We're still waiting for the vet's office to call so we know exactly what's up with her.

40 minutes ago, Jena92 said:

I have 2 cats a ragdoll named Annie and a tabby named Hannah

I'm not a fan of cats, but I do like the ones that have spots like a cheetah. No idea what they're called though. If I was to have one that would be the kind I'd want. :D

But I'm a dog person, so the likelihood of me having a cat is very slim lol.

6 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

I'm not a fan of cats, but I do like the ones that have spots like a cheetah. No idea what they're called though. If I was to have one that would be the kind I'd want. :D

But I'm a dog person, so the likelihood of me having a cat is very slim lol.

Do you mean the very big ones? the Cheetoh cats?

image.png.b87cc24d8b775c372f0e7fa9cc96433b.png

Or just cats with these colorings? There are a lot of species that have cheetah like spots.

Bengal, Savannah, Egyptian Mau, California Spangled Cat, Ocicat to name a few. I Like the Cheetoh, Bengal, Savannah and Ocicat the most out of these spotted ones.

(Yup, I am a cat girl :P)

1 hour ago, Duma said:

Do you mean the very big ones? the Cheetoh cats?

image.png.b87cc24d8b775c372f0e7fa9cc96433b.png

Or just cats with these colorings? There are a lot of species that have cheetah like spots.

Bengal, Savannah, Egyptian Mau, California Spangled Cat, Ocicat to name a few. I Like the Cheetoh, Bengal, Savannah and Ocicat the most out of these spotted ones.

(Yup, I am a cat girl :P)

The housecat kind, so the one in your picture Duma! :D

@Jena92 A couple weeks ago i took my daughters to the Space & Science Center in the city and we got to interact with a Bearded Dragon. My girls were just fascinated by this critter!

My dream pet for years has been a Chinchilla, but I don't think my pup would approve, and she's the most important. :D

Right now NCIS is at the  top of my list. It's changed a lot over the last few years with different characters, so it's lost a bit of flare, but it's still really good. The spin-offs are alright, but I mainly watch them for possible tie ins to the original.

I like big fluffy dogs and cats.  I have two 60lb dogs, and two black cats.  I think my dog Merida agrees that cats are the best.  She seems to really want them to love and play with her, but after 6 months, she still has not learned that lunging, barking, growling and chasing them is not the way to earn their affection.

I like NCIS and NCIS:LA.  I don't watch the New Orleans one.  There are also several other CBS shows I watch.  I've been watching Good Doctor some, but I'm a couple weeks behind as I tend to forget about it since it's in a different app, and it's a rather tense drama, so I feel I have to watch it first, not right before bed, or I'll be too wound up to sleep.  Other than those, I watch a couple Disney shows.  Well, actually Disney Junior shows, and one Disney XD show (Milo Murphy's Law, an awesome show).  Most of the ones that are actually Disney Channel are not so good anymore.  

Here's my weekly schedule at the moment:

• Mondays: Star Wars Rebels :heart: Supergirl for some reason when I remember to watch it online.
  • Tuesdays: NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Agent's of SHIELD (when it starts)
  • Wednesdays: Criminal Minds
  • Thursdays: Grey's Anatomy
  • Fridays: Blindspot, Hawaii Five-0, Hell's Kitchen
  • Saturdays: Nothing for myself.
  • Sundays: Heartland with my girls, NCIS: LA

When MasterChef and MasterChef Junior is on I'll watch those. I love watching the kids cook!

I may decide to check out SWAT, just because it's with Shemar Moore. Criminal Minds is not the same without him, though he has guested a couple of times since his departure.

When Code Black comes on I'll watch it again too. I've also been meaning to check out Marvel's Gifted but haven't yet so I'll have to do that online when I have a chance.

------------------------------------------

In other news, I got Mouse's test results back today and her liver enzymes had abnormalities so she needs more testing to confirm a diagnosis. Either way it ends up, her condition is treatable, but not curable. Could be much worse. :heart: