Valentine Userlookup

Khalon

Hey guys, I just finished working on a userlookup for valentines day. You can view it by clicking on my neopets username on the left side of this post. Please do not hesitate to post if you have any ideas/suggestions on what I could do for making future userlookups.

It's a bit early, but your Valentine's Day userlookup looks adorable, Khalon. I couldn't resist the cuteness of the Shoyru and the fine-looking Hissi as well on the header. The text has been tilted a bit out of place, which is the sole flaw, but everything else is all right by me. <3

Final verdict: 8.75 out of 10 from me.

Oh wow X3

Ok, I'm going to split this up:

Idea: 3.75/5 - Not terribly original, and a bit early as Neo said, but overall I like it. The simplicity appeals.

~*~

Design: 4/5 - I really like it. The heart, the shoyru holding the "will you be my valentine?" sign :wub_anim: Another really nice thing is the colour choice - all too often (especially for valentine's stuff) it's comes off as glaring - but this is nice. The boxes (specifically the pets and trophies) aren't aligned, giving it a kind of messy feel, imho. I think bringing the right edge of the trophies box out would balance it out more. I kind of want to see the red starry picture repeated as the background... The hyperlinked text is kind of hard to read. I shall shut up about this section now.

~*~

Execution: 3.75/5 - again, you lose points for having a very simple overall layout. Also riiiiiight down the bottom the border doesn't quite align, but that could be my browser (I use Safari - it's ok, no-one uses Safari).

Blugh, ok, I hope that's come off as constructive and useful. Cause that's how it's supposed to come off. Anyways, overall, I really, really do like it :3

tl;dr There's just a couple of little nagging things, otherwise, beautiful. I can tell you spent a lot of time and effort putting this together :3

It's a bit early, but your Valentine's Day userlookup looks adorable, Khalon. I couldn't resist the cuteness of the Shoyru and the fine-looking Hissi as well on the header. The text has been tilted a bit out of place, which is the sole flaw, but everything else is all right by me. <3

Final verdict: 8.75 out of 10 from me.

Thank you ^^ I wanted to draw representations of my pets in there so I put them in there.

Oh wow X3

Ok, I'm going to split this up:

Idea: 3.75/5 - Not terribly original, and a bit early as Neo said, but overall I like it. The simplicity appeals.

~*~

Design: 4/5 - I really like it. The heart, the shoyru holding the "will you be my valentine?" sign :wub_anim: Another really nice thing is the colour choice - all too often (especially for valentine's stuff) it's comes off as glaring - but this is nice. The boxes (specifically the pets and trophies) aren't aligned, giving it a kind of messy feel, imho. I think bringing the right edge of the trophies box out would balance it out more. I kind of want to see the red starry picture repeated as the background... The hyperlinked text is kind of hard to read. I shall shut up about this section now.

~*~

Execution: 3.75/5 - again, you lose points for having a very simple overall layout. Also riiiiiight down the bottom the border doesn't quite align, but that could be my browser (I use Safari - it's ok, no-one uses Safari).

Blugh, ok, I hope that's come off as constructive and useful. Cause that's how it's supposed to come off. Anyways, overall, I really, really do like it :3

tl;dr There's just a couple of little nagging things, otherwise, beautiful. I can tell you spent a lot of time and effort putting this together :3

Yep, all the points you made are true. Thank you for pointing them out ^^

I am anti-valentine's so I don't like all the lovey-dovey reds and pinks ...

excuse me for not going to your userlookup :D

haha no worries.

I think it looks really nice. I'm definitely not going to rate it because...well I don't know too much about graphics. I think it is cute and friendly, and as some one mentioned doesn't come off as glaring- which is a bonus. However, I also think you should try to fix the alignment problem because it bothers me (slight OCD...I need everything symmetrical and aligned) but I REALLY like how you split the things into boxes differently :)

Alright, I fixed up most of what you guys mentioned :santa: I kinda liked the messy look of the boxes not being aligned with eachother so that was on purpose :P

My only critique is that you need to put your browser in "full screen" to really enjoy your work. And when I do that, the text gets outside of the boxes :P So it's usually better to assume that most people can see your work if it's 900-1000px wide. And plan something like a repeated pattern for those who are browsing in higher resolution.

Good choice of font for your headers. :) Nice Valentine's palette as well.

I give you 8/10.

My only critique is that you need to put your browser in "full screen" to really enjoy your work. And when I do that, the text gets outside of the boxes :P So it's usually better to assume that most people can see your work if it's 900-1000px wide. And plan something like a repeated pattern for those who are browsing in higher resolution.

Good choice of font for your headers. :) Nice Valentine's palette as well.

I give you 8/10.

Thank you, I wasn't sure of the width so I used my own resolution and its a widescreen so thats where that came from.

very nice. if u are going to enter just know u need to show ur habi. =) very good tho!

Thank you ^^

The big problem I notice is that the text is fixed a certain distance from the left, but the background remains centered, so once the window becomes too wide the background moves to the right of the text. Does that make sense?

The big problem I notice is that the text is fixed a certain distance from the left, but the background remains centered, so once the window becomes too wide the background moves to the right of the text. Does that make sense?

Yeah, that's the limitation of my userlookup. Which brings me back to the point Xepha had made, the lookup has been optimized for a monitor that is 1366px wide. So it can't really be stretched any further than that.