Spellbook help for Altador Plot

Midtime

I followed the instructions in the altador plot solutions guide, but it's just not there! If I'm not mistaken, you're supposed to take the coordinates of all the stars in your Sleeper (Darkest Faerie's eyes) constellation, add together all the X coordinates, and separately do the same to the Y coordinates, then add together the digits in the results for the X coordinates, and do the same for the Y coordinates. Then I have to use my two answers for the X and Y coordinates as the X and Y coordinates in the URL which I get when I enter the Library, on the left of the main hall of the Altadorian Archives. When I do this, I search all the shelves but none of them are the spell book. I think the most likely explanation for this is that I have misinterpreted what to do with the Sleeper coordinates. If this is so, could someone please tell me how to really do it? I'm so close to the end... I can't stop now!

They are:

82, -231

232, -231

72, -261

192, -261

112, -291

152, -291

Do you have to refresh your coordinates again before you get the Sleeper coordinates by going to Finneus and the Astronomy club?

I don't think so. Wait, I'll do the calculations.

Edit: Your x-coordinate is either 14 or 5, and your y-coordinate is either 18 or 9.

Edit edit: That means that your coordinates are either 14,18 OR 5,9.

I couldn't find anything in 14, 18 so I'll try 5, 9.

Edit: Nothing in 5, 9. Is there exactly one link on each and every layer of every single shelf? Except one or two, on which I can't find anything. :angry: Why doesn't this work?

dont actully go click on the books click your mouse above the books then hit hte tabe button, count it each time, and hit enter one number higher each time

keeping in mind the 4 doors will be the first 2 tabs

The tab button will highlight one link after another - it's a good way to check for books that you missed. Did I get the calculations right?

I counted the number of presses it took before I got to the "Return To The Archives" button. I didn't miss any. And for your information, neither 14, 18 or 5, 9 had spellbooks in them. I opened every single link, I'm sure of that.

Sigh, it's almost nine o' clock here. I'll try again tomorrow.

Right. We need someone with a better memory... I'm sorry but I don't have any instant spellbook finders up my sleeve.

actully i was saying count how many tabs so that if you get reset you know how many to press next time(some windows will keep the same link highlisted if you press the back arrow and some wont). you should hit enter at each tab to double check them all

btw this is how i found mine so if this isnt work in either rooms the math was done wrong or your typing in the wrong room in your url

id think you would want to be positive, and tat is the only trid and ture way to go thru each one.. i just think it would be moer of a pain to try antoerh room continuosly serching then finding out you missed one little link in the original room you serched...

I counted the links I know, then counted them using the tab button. I came up with the same number, and I'm sure that I didn't accidentally miss any links.

you are excludinghte first 4 tabs for the doors, correct?

Yes, that would be a good idea... If that doesn't work, I don't know what will. We're being outsmarted by a book!

The Sleeper is the Darkest Faerie's eyes. I checked out the name on the title of the TDN help article. But the article isn't clear on how to get the coordinates. I don't know what it means.

As far as I remember you just add all the x-coordinates together then whatever number you get you add the digits. Then do the same for the y-coordinates.

For yours I did that and got this link: http://www.neopets.com/altador/archives.ph...78c09769fe7ce75

If that still doesnt find you the spellbook - make sure your list of coordinates is right (that you didnt muddle an x and y around for example), if its not then you must be missing a link somewhere.