Can a person be frozen for giving away neopoints?

Doganie

Lets say you were deleting your account, and you wanted to give your items and neopoints to a friend. Could this possibly get your friend's account frozen, since they suddenly acquired a lot of neopoints and items for seemingly no reason?

Yes they can be frozen for this, it would be seen as an act of them buying or purchasing neopoints and as made clear in the latest editorial anyone caught to be doing this will have all of their accounts frozen.

Yes they can be frozen for this, it would be seen as an act of them buying or purchasing neopoints and as made clear in the latest editorial anyone caught to be doing this will have all of their accounts frozen.

But nothing was exchanged in return so why would it be seen as buying/purchasing neopoints? :S

But nothing was exchanged in return so why would it be seen as buying/purchasing neopoints? :S

With real money, sweetpea. ^_~ They have no way of knowing whether or not those neopoints were given out of generosity or in exchange for something offsite.

If you want to give your friends items that tends to go over okay, but keep in mind that TNT keeps track of large amounts of NP ((particularly in the 100m range)). If you give to numerous people and scatter it that looks worse - you'll be frozen for suspicious activity.

Ahhh I get yas! Thanks darlin :)

I've been gifted 3mil before with no problems ^_^ Hope you manage to gift your friend! (if that's what you're planning on doing).

They have no way of knowing whether or not those neopoints were given out of generosity or in exchange for something offsite.

If you want to give your friends items that tends to go over okay, but keep in mind that TNT keeps track of large amounts of NP ((particularly in the 100m range)). If you give to numerous people and scatter it that looks worse - you'll be frozen for suspicious activity.

So if I bought items with the neopoints and then gave them, then it should be okay? Or do they keep track of expensive items too?

very rare/high demand items they do, and generally rare = expensive. websites that sell np also sell items and so this is also tracked to some degree.

if you are concerned about it but still want to go ahead, i suggest doing it over a long period of time, short very busy activity smells like hacker! to the bots.

items would be the better way to go though.

anyone ever sent a ticket into TNT about it? you might want to do that first, since it will take a 3 week turnaround, i imagine then less likely you are a scammer/hacker to TNT.

So if I bought items with the neopoints and then gave them, then it should be okay? Or do they keep track of expensive items too?

Depends entirely on the item. A lot of those Island Uni stamps circulating right now, for example, aren't legitimate - I'd avoid those like the plague. Don't give them a lot. I'd ask your friend if there's something special they want and pick that off the shelf for them.

What Annukii said is also a super good idea. If you want to give them more items do it over the course of several weeks, maybe even months. Don't give it all right away.

I wouldn't recommend communicating with TNT at all about it, personally. They'd be just as likely to freeze you over a misunderstanding as a legitimate issue.

Besides contacting TNT regarding it the best thing you could do would be to purchase items and gift them to your friend. Specifically the Anagram Swords as these are popular and shift hands often as it is. Gifting is a fairly safe method for transferring large/expensive items and would make it look much better than doing 800k lots on the Trading Post.

TNT doesn't just freeze accounts for no reason. They look into what they do. I've heard people claim otherwise, but I've managed to keep my account out of trouble for 10 full years...I haven't seen them be unfair personally. However, I would do it only a little bit of a time, just in case! ^-^ That's very nice of you btw.

Yes in fact my old account got frozen for this reason alone and they said it was because i bought neopoints when i obviously didn't. But I couldn't prove and boom, new account had to be made. Don't do it.

oh and i had never been warned before

TNT doesn't just freeze accounts for no reason. They look into what they do. I've heard people claim otherwise, but I've managed to keep my account out of trouble for 10 full years...I haven't seen them be unfair personally. However, I would do it only a little bit of a time, just in case! ^-^ That's very nice of you btw.

Well I was frozen recently for this exact thing, I had two RL friends quit playing and they gifted me everything they had short of just giving me their accounts. This got me frozen for "Buying/Selling Neopoints for Money" and despite that I have submitted a ticket explaining this and all of my contributions to the community, helping others in boards, gifting regularly, writing hundreds of guides, writing many published guides in the Neopian Times, and being a Premium Member for years I am still waiting on a response about my account. So yes I feel that this is unfair.

Yes in fact my old account got frozen for this reason alone and they said it was because i bought neopoints when i obviously didn't. But I couldn't prove and boom, new account had to be made. Don't do it.

oh and i had never been warned before

Sorry that you are in the same boat I am to some degree. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense why things go down the way that they do.

No offense taken :) Just frustrated at the situation, missing the Neopies on my main and missed a Space Faerie Scratchcard. Something else that is really frustrating is that I can't use the SSW during this time. I make between 100k-400k daily because of the SSW so not having it is hurting pretty badly. I can restock more now than I normally do but even so it is... lacking the same experience and I am always wary about my pricing.

If you have premium you can put in one account that you can use as an alias. So basically you are just attaching this account as a side to your main. On your alias you can use both the portal and the SSW. You have to do this yourself in the premium portal though, so I guess that means you don't have it... :( I'm sorry to hear that...

You could try if maybe you can still log in on the user admin portal... You are still paying so maybe that means you can still get into that part of the site.

here is the link:

https://premium.neop...%2fdefault.aspx

log in with your acct info, and go to admin aliases. There you should be able to choose one of your sides as your alias.

It might be smart to use a side that is not the one you are making neopoints on right now, though. Just to be sure they won't tell you you're making NP on your side.

Hope it works!

Admin Alias Your Alias

An alias can be added only for an active account.

It would seem that when they stated:

Buying or selling Neopoints for real life money is NEVER legitimate. Any account discovered to be buying or selling items / Neopoints / Neopets for real life cash (outside of the NC Mall) will have all of their accounts frozen. These sites are often malicious, and could possibly endanger your account security. Also, the things that these sites sell are often stolen from other players like yourself. Please protect your account, Neopets, and credit card information by never clicking on such a site, even just to "check it out."

...they really meant all of their accounts. I am being unfairly barred from using my account or any of my premium features because I was "buying or selling items / Neopoints / Neopets for real life cash" oh well. Thanks for the info, and when I get my account back I will be adding some account aliases since I now know about that feature.

I'm sorry.... :( Well, it was worth a shot anyway... I hope you will get things sorted pretty soon.

(I really like the alias feature by the way, cause when you're ssw banned on your main you can still use the ssw on your alias. You can only have one alias per premium account though, just so you know. )