Happy Shenkuu Lunar Festival!

Saxen

It's the Shenkuu Lunar Festival, let's celebrate!

draik_eventide_happy.png

Draiks can now be painted Eventide!

Items

I really really like it even though I didn't like the colour when it came out XD

Still think it's not that customisable though...

Happy Shenkuu Lunar Festival/Chinese New Year! Great idea to release a Draik in Eventide, since it's now the year of the Dragon. Though I'm a little disappointed that there are no new colours for the Kazeriu, I do like how Eventide looks on the Draik. :) Kinda wish there'd be a Lunar festival related Caption Contest, Art Gallery and Poems. :P Not enough! Still though, a mysterious cave? Faerie caverns...or is there a new mysterious cave somewhere in Shenkuu?

The Draik is so pretty! It's weird, I was thinking about a Eventide Draik today! I may have really wanted one. I bet it's a new dreamie. But I still prefer my Maraquan Draik over it. It is tempting to make another one...o_O Well, I never made the first one, lol..>_<

I'm glad they released an Eventide Draik, unfortunately now maybe the MP prices (which have been dropping dramatically in the last weeks) might go up again. I love the new colour, but just today I was seeing MPs down to 7mil *sigh*

bleh with draik prices, the cheapest way to to do it it the pirate draik egg way, but i've got the perfect name.. not sure how long i can wait (haven't yet got the nps, but if i sell everything i possibly could)

i like the eventide draik, but i hope they release a starlight color in future, i really like the top half :P

and i'm glad they did something for lunar new year, at about 10am NST i was feeling a bit sad about it.. (what i was hoping for was gift box capsules, fingers crossed they are out tomorrow)

For those that are curious, here's the larger image ^_^

4.png

Can't believe that TNT would release the Eventide Draik so early. I have to find a Draik Egg someday (or save big on one) and get a FFQ to get one of these!

Editorial regarding Eventide

TNT, please stop releasing new colors. You have tons of Neopets who cannot yet be painted in your existing colors -- focus your artists on these before releasing yet another new color. Thank you. ~pheekz

While we understand your point of view, please understand that for the sake of variety, we don't want to completely finish off a colour before adding a new one. That way there's always a surprise around the corner, and not a solid year of swamp gas painted Neopets.

As for the Eventide Paint Brush, it was born more out of necessity. Some players may notice that, on Neopet days, we typically release one complex and one simple colour (you guys often call these "colourfills") for each species. For the Aisha, we had completely run out of simple colours, and therefore needed to create a new colourfill paint brush, which is what eventide is. Eventide falls into the simple (white / shadow / orange, etc.) pool of colours, and will not take the spot of the more complex colours (maractite / transparent / water, etc.)

Hopefully more will be released and it'll start coming down in price soon :)

(Incidentally my friend wrote this and was unfairly frozen not long afterward....O-o)

Great idea to release a Draik in Eventide, since it's now the year of the Dragon

ooh nice touch, almost didn't notice that! love the eventide draik, the colour suits draiks much better than aishas imo. i bet shoyrus and pteris would be awesome in eventide too

I'm loving the new colour. I can't wait until more pets pop up to see how people customize them. I've always found it more difficult to customize pets with multicoloured skin. Either the clothes end up clashing, or you don't want to cover up the beautiful designs of the colour. Decisions, decisions...

I think the eventide color really respresents the Lunar Festival, because the Festival is all about the new moon changing, and eventide is the sun changing to the moon.