Considering Premium... Is it worth it?

BrittanyAnn

I do not know if it is worth the money, however, having used it for two weeks (and having been discontinued by the powers that be (aka my bank and Nickelodeon), I must say I am somehow not that excited to go to the site now. That paired with increased work load has reduced my neo time drastically. The bottom line being it adds to the experience just this little extra bit, but to me it makes it so much better. I really miss being premium and will go back to it once all the issues are removed.

I've never had it so I don't know. Some of the features are neat, I mean, if you're big into restocking the "Super Shop Wizard" can really help you increase your NP. I'm not much of a restocker. Also, there's a private board for old-time users of it, where there's more to talk about and less spam and all of that. But boards like these (provided for free) also fill that little void. You get that neat premium avatar, but it doesn't count towards your total, and if you refer people you can get that nify space Faerie charm -- which is pretty lucky and adds to your user look-up. You also get that lottery weekly, and they give you mild Paint Brushes for referring. (Like Electric.)

Despite all of these, it only adds a little more value to your NP experience. After using TDN's guide, I determined that I am not very interested. I appreciate that TNT tried to make the game balanced by only offering a little more value to the Premium users, but it's too expensive in my opinion to have been spending my real money on it.

I've been spending a lot of time on Neopets, too, and if I suddenly get bored, well, pain in the butt. Plus you lose that avvie and the Space Faerie charm if you decide to cancel. (Although you can get them back if you start Premium up again.)

I think you should get it so you can SSW for us ;) Nah I'm just kidding.

Like lilshadowdweller said if restocking and making NPs that way is your thing - especially 'sniping' items - then I'd say it's worth it from what I've heard. Also you'll get to feel superior to all us non-premium plebs :P Or you could just spend the money on some NC and buy loads of lush items (*covetous looks at all people who have NC*)

:D

I would say it is definitely worth it, mostly because of the SSW and the extra random events. If you are into restocking, then it is a super duper time-saver. Plus it gives neopets a whole new look that is really handy :D I would say, just try it out for a while and if you don't like it then you can cancel at anytime!

I've had premium since 2 weeks after I signed up for the site (nov 2005) and I think it is awesome. :) I always got it for the holiday discount so it was def worth it for me (that was like 20 bucks off normal price) . I love the boards and the ssw, and most of all NO ADDS! :)

You will have to wait though, they are switching providers right now, and signup for new members is closed until the switch is complete. And I wouldn't hold my breath. :P *thinks about the pound* LOL

I've considered getting Premium a few times, and I've decided against it. I think it's an unnecessary cost, and if I had to choose between Premium and NC items, I'll throw the spare cash I have into NC items I really like. The only benefit that's notable for premium is the SSW (Super Shop Wizard) which I think is hardly worth it. If ads are a problem for you, there are good add-ons for your browsers that will work just as well.