So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

I'm currently reading A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. I read most of it for a class (we were supposed to read the entire book) but I just couldn't get interested. I'm trying again this summer to see if maybe it was just the 'forced reading' attitude that kept me from enjoying the book.

I'm reading Ship of Magic, the first of the Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I've recently finished her Farseer Trilogy, and although they differ a lot from each other, I love them almost as much c: (The scale tips over in favor for The Farseer Trilogy ever so slightly).

Last night I began to read the first Maximum Ride book.

I had read part of it and quit, but I was so bored I decided to try it again.

Not bad so far. :yes:

I really liked the first few books of this series. Then again, I started reading it in middle school. It was a lot cooler to me back then. For the most part, I just liked Fang. :3 By the way, I must ask. It says "Trust me, my name is Doc" above your avatar. Is this a reference to Doctor Who?

I just finished Pretty Little Liars. Good book, but I'm more into fantasy and this had nothing to do with fantasy.

8/10

I just finished The Third Gate by Lincoln Child last night. It was very good, though a little on the creepy side. It is mostly about Egyptology stuff, and tomb hunting, but it includes some darker, supernatural aspects. It was definitely interesting.

I'm reading up on Norse Mythology. To be honest I have a few books I'm reading all at the same time. I'm looking forward to my annual coast trip because I'll be reading a lot and I will have no computer or television to distract me.

Oh yes I am so prepared for my mythology class this coming fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Memoirs of a Geisha a little while ago which was amazing! Just starting Kill Your Friends by John Niven which is looking promising so far, if very, very crude XD

Forever Odd - Dean Koontz. Have read it a few times now but I just love the Odd Thomas books! Only 5 more days till the new one is here!!!

Oh I loved the Odd Thomas books! They're fab!

I'm currently reading the first Kim Harrison book, called Dead Witch Walking, can't remember whether someone here recommended it, or I got it cheap on kindle, it's okay, I'm not totally taken yet but it's readable!

Finished Kill Your Friends. It was ... disturbing XDD But very good.

No idea what to read next :/

Forever Odd - Dean Koontz. Have read it a few times now but I just love the Odd Thomas books! Only 5 more days till the new one is here!!!

Me too c: I was really excited to find out that they're making a movie based on the first book! I think Anton Yelchin will be an excellent Odd Thomas c;

I'm currently re-reading all of the Stephanie Plum-series by Janet Evanovich, partly because I love them and partly because I'm waiting for the movie (One for the money) to be released in Sweden c:

I bought 18 books yesterday! No more wondering what to read for a while :D

Going to start Life of Pi by Yann Martel in a wee bit, I've heard good things ^^

I just started The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell. It's the Kay Scarpetta series.

It's quickly becoming one of my favorite series. My mom got me started on them. They're more unique than just a crime novel. The main character is the chief medical examiner of Virginia so it goes at crimes from a different angle. Definitely a great series. :D

I just finished reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.

Tonight I hope to start reading 50 Shades of Grey. See what all the fuss is about. If I don't start reading it tonight then will definitely start reading it tomorrow.

i finished Inheritance by Paolini, plus the other 3 books before that. I was definitely a little irritated by Inheritance: what with the lack of vengeance, the summary-style of the last few chapters, the identity of the new rider, and the annoying inclusion of anything and everything having to do with Roran, only the last chapter made up for it. I liked Brisingr, though. Now I'm moving on to some random book from one of my piles. I'm not sure yet.

I'm also halfway through Fellowship of the Ring, so maybe i should finish that first...?

Me too c: I was really excited to find out that they're making a movie based on the first book! I think Anton Yelchin will be an excellent Odd Thomas c;

I'm currently re-reading all of the Stephanie Plum-series by Janet Evanovich, partly because I love them and partly because I'm waiting for the movie (One for the money) to be released in Sweden c:

I absolutely LOVE Stephanie Plum, one of my favorite characters in a series! So funny. They're easy reading but really, very entertaining. I hope you like the movie - I myself was pretty disappointed, but I'd hoped for a bit more for it, I guess.

Also, nice to see so many people like Odd Thomas! I LOVE that series, it's awesome.

I just started The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell. It's the Kay Scarpetta series.

It's quickly becoming one of my favorite series. My mom got me started on them. They're more unique than just a crime novel. The main character is the chief medical examiner of Virginia so it goes at crimes from a different angle. Definitely a great series. :D

Ooh, I love that series too - I haven't read enough of those books honestly! I think I've only read four or five.

I'm currently reading Plantation by Dorothea Benton Frank. I just know I've read this one before, but it'd been so long I've forgotten a huge hunk of the details, and it's pretty entertaining. Very southern.

AHHHHHH. I think i've just read one of the greatest books ever.

Ok no, i exaggerate, but has anyone else read Noughts and Crosses? If not, you go to your local library and find it!! It's such an amazing story, and it's actually realistic! The ending moved even me, the girl who cringes at soppy and cute. And there's a sequel :D.