So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

I've only read the first hunger games book and I just bought the second one a few days ago. I must say that the first book is absolutley amazing. I read it in two days, I just coud not put it down. I really wasn't expecting it to be all that great, to be honest. I thought perhaps it was just another twilight hype. I was pleasantly surprised though. If you've seen the movie already, it's nothing compared to the book! They leave out a lot of interesting parts.

Right now I'm reading "Tell me no secrets" by Joy Fielding. So far it looks very promising. I can already relate to the character so well and the first chapter has me hooked already! I definitley reccommend it. Here is the summary from the back of the book:

People are inexplicalby disappearing from Chicago prosecutor Jess Koster's life. First her mother vanished without a trace eight years ago. And now a client, the victim of a brutal, sadistic rapist, is also missing. Someone is disrupting Jess's neat, ordered exsistence with chaos and terror. And from the shadow of her past, a maniac is watching her, stalking her - and there's no one Jess can trust. For she fears with blood chilling certainity that her mysterious tormentor is perilously close... and that the next missing person might be Jess Koster.

I finished reading The Last Apprentice: Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney a few days ago. Great book. Now I'm reading the third book in The Last Apprentice series called Night of the Soul Stealer.

I'm reading Jane Eyre right now, for school. I was pleasantly surprised that it's not as awful as I was making it out to be before I started reading. :P I'm actually really enjoying it~

I've only read the first hunger games book and I just bought the second one a few days ago. I must say that the first book is absolutley amazing. I read it in two days, I just coud not put it down. I really wasn't expecting it to be all that great, to be honest. I thought perhaps it was just another twilight hype. I was pleasantly surprised though. If you've seen the movie already, it's nothing compared to the book! They leave out a lot of interesting parts.

I loved the Hunger Games trilogy--they were all really fast reads, and fantastic books! ^_^ I loved the movie too, though. I'm surprised at how many people didn't like it.

I'm currently reading book 4, Dark Flame, in The Immortals series by Alyson Noel.

These books have always annoyed my a little because of the fact the two main characters (who are a couple) are pretty much, ALWAYS together.

BUT.

As soon as I finished Shadowland I felt lost, and had to wait for Amazon to dispatch the 4th book. The third one finished on a very exciting part, and couldn't wait to see what happened next. Unfortunately, it's not what I thought would happen so far, which has disappointed me. I dislike how the author has changed another character so much in a short amount of time. (In a matter of days story-wise), though there's probably a good reason for it.

The series is kinda fun though, and makes you wonder what it would be like to be Immortal.

I just started reading Wasteland by Francesca Lia Block. It's amazingly written, but very confusing. It jumps between 3 or 4 different points of view.

There's not much of a plot - it's more you finding out things about the characters with the plot looming in the background.

Also, warning: it's about incest. Not disgustingly outright obvious incest, it doesn't even mention it until about page 79 of 150. But still, incest.

I am currently reading the hunger games series! it is a GREAT book series! i just started the second book yesterday, i finished the first book in 1 week, i couldnt put it down after i started reading it! I suppose after i finish reading the hunger games i will start reading the twilight saga series.

:D

p.s the hunger games movie is NOTHING compared to the book! they didnt even get some of the characters personality/physical traits correct! Bonkers i say.

I just read Sounder - William Armstrong. I have to read The Devil's Arithmetic for school.

I've also been reading the Yotsuba&! manga. I have Volumes 1 - 4 so far. Very entertaining and comedic manga! :)

Right now I'm reading "I Am Ozzy" the autobiography of Ozzy Osbourne. If anyone here is a fan of Ozzy it really is a great read. His life as a child is an extradorinary journey and the first chapter already had me feeling inspired and entranced of what his life was like before his career. He even won the literay achievement award for this book back in 2010. I'm so very glad I bought this book, it's one of the best autobiographies I've read in awhile.

I'm currently reading The Last Apprentice: Attack of the Fiend by Joseph Delaney. It's the fourth book in the series and I'm almost finished reading it. I'm going to borrow the fifth book from the library soon.

I just finished 'Earthdark', by Monica Hughes. It's the sequel to Crisis on Conshelf Ten- very futuristic book, if a little short. I could have read it in half an hour if we weren't assigned it at our school- we had to read it one or 2 chapters at a time. That is like torture for me because a lot of the time the author leaves a cliffhanger and I'll be like GAAHHH WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM WHY DID THEY AGREE TO WHAT THE BAD GUY SAID HOW DID THAT PLOT TWIST EVEN WORK UEBUVEBVUIQBNWE /spazz on floor

*cough* Anyway, I'm also re-reading the Pendragon series for the fifth time. I reeaaalllly strongly recommend those; they have amazing story structure, characters and plot! They're by D.J MacHale, if you're interested.

I'm currently reading Codename: Sailor V volume 1. After I finish it, I'm going to start reading A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan.

I just finished reading the 50 shades series a few days ago! :laughingsmiley: I'm thinking about rereading the hunger games soon. I love those books!

I've read the Hunger Games Trilogy and enjoyed it for being one of those tween-targeted series, much more than Twilight without a doubt. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The second book of the series was actually my favourite, which doesn't usually happened for me. I rarely find the middle to be the standout. The last had to be my least favourite though; I was really sad about how it ended in particular.

I'm reading 'I am Ozzy' by Ozzy Osbourne of course. It's great so far, I'm really entranced.

I'm nearly done with "Miss Julie" by August Strindberg (from a book called Thirty Famous One-Act Plays, published in 1943). I'm in the middle of 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller, and I just started Life and Time by Isaac Asimov. I just finished The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman.

As soon as I finish the last 2-3 pages of "Miss Julie," I'll start on King Lear because I rented the DVD, too, and I want to read it before I watch it. And the next children's lit book I start will be A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck.

I'm just starting Frozen Heat by Richard Castle. (Or so it says.) It's the 4th in the series that's somehow taken from the TV show Castle. It's the books the main character/author supposedly wrote in the show.

They're actually rather interesting. I'm dying to know the real story behind who wrote them. The author picture is the actor that plays Richard Castle in the series, and the author blurb is about the character.

My teacher just recommended Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, so I picked it up from the library. He said it changed his life, and several other people

have spoke highly if it, so I'm sure it's good.

(on the Castle book series) I've been wondering forever the story about the true author too! Everywhere I look, it just credits 'Richard Castle' as the author.

Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings. I'm attempting to pace myself with this one because I know I could quite happily read it all in one sitting.

Read all of them!! I finished A Dance with Dragons somewhat recently and I am frustrated that it will be years until the next book comes out. They get really good.

Currently reading Robinson Crusoe.by Daniel Defoe. Considered a "classic", so I haaaave to.