Rubbish Avatar Not Random After All

hrtbrk

So... is the Rubbish avatar truly random when doing a certain task, or are there certain specifications that we must meet in order to get it? It's exhausting me. :( ~removed

Cleaning up Neopia is hard work! However, it's also not randomly rewarded. It may seem that way, due to the somewhat malfunctioning start that it got, but we can assure you it's not random. :)

----

Hmm... interesting. I wonder what it is now, especially after some people discarded thousands of items and didn't unlock it (so it's not discard X number of items) and some got it after a few discards.

If you unlocked the avatar, what types of items were you buying? How many were you discarding at a time?

I got it after discarding those veiled hats. Before that, I was discarding dailies stuff from my SBD, then I shop wiz'd the hats, and bought more dailies junk that were in the same shops. I just kept discarding every time my inventory reached 50 items.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the most common items? Like I said before, I like that they're doing this. I'd go to the Money Tree everyday to pick up the trash items and discard them. But I don't have the avvie. I hope someone figures it out soon. And I guess a lot of people got it randomoly because of the glitch?

these avatars that aren't random but can still be gotten in a "random" way annoy me. it's like the cackle avatar, no one really bothers to figure it out since some people can get it by doing a shizload of quests. i hope people figure this one out though...i'm getting rsi from throwing away all this junk!! D;

bet its either really complicated or really simple. TNT don't do compromises :P

i'm thinking also the most common items, at least all those piles of dung are getting deleted all the same, this was a great idea for an avvy

I have it and I'm pretty sure I got it at about 5000 items discarded. I'm glad it's not random! :D

This is about the only time that someone that was selling junk items had more than 1 or 2 at a time.

I'm tired of looking at the Shop Wizards silly hat... taunting me... grrrrr....

I started a board on the AC asking what people had got the avvie from and the specific items I got was:

Greedy Kadoatie Piggy Bank r87

Box of Leftover Muffins r101

Old Rotten Left Shoe r101

Old Rotten Right Shoe r101

1) you have to discard a certain # of items

2) your discarded items must have a combined estimated value of X

3) discard items of certain rarity's.

Just a few ideas to throw out there

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post, use the edit button instead of posting twice in a row.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I started a board on the AC asking what people had got the avvie from and the specific items I got was:

Greedy Kadoatie Piggy Bank r87

Box of Leftover Muffins r101

Old Rotten Left Shoe r101

Old Rotten Right Shoe r101

1) you have to discard a certain # of items

2) your discarded items must have a combined estimated value of X

3) discard items of certain rarity's.

Just a few ideas to throw out there

Interesting! I also saw a few people say they got it by discarding 70 Red Quiggle Plushies, which also is R101

Just tried the Red Quiggle Plushie theory. That didn't work.

Also means discarding 70 r101 items isn't it.

so you were the one buying them when i tried to :P i tried it too and didnt get it either :(

haha I said that because of the rarity, not because of the item :P

Many others also tried discarding 70 RQP's after those people posted and didn't get the avatar.

They (the ones who got that avatar) were also discarding 70 RQP at a time, not just 70 and that was it haha

Has anyone else noticed the price of junk increasing? I have trouble finding items for 1 NP now. Most everything has gone up to 2 NP.

Has anyone else noticed the price of junk increasing? I have trouble finding items for 1 NP now. Most everything has gone up to 2 NP.

THE INSANITY :P

But yes, people are discarding thousands and thousands of 1 np items, and I can only imagine the cost if it IS a specific item or rarity that unlocks it.