Rubbish Avatar Not Random After All

hrtbrk

Has anyone considered it could be completely random? I have a lot of trash in my SDB and haven't gotten that avatar yet so I'll experiment.

It's not random. TNT confirmed that in the most recent Neopian Times Editorial: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=533

Has anyone considered it could be completely random? I have a lot of trash in my SDB and haven't gotten that avatar yet so I'll experiment.

The very first post of this thread has a msg from TNT saying its not random haha

Maybe it's about discarding items at a certain second in the minute?

I have noticed more people getting the avvie during the morning compared to later in the day.

People who get it should note the time they got it and item being discarded (or items?), then share said information :P

If it has nothing to do with the time and/or items being discarded, I hope it isn't anything too complex, like having a certain site theme and avatar and active pet at the time of discarding. Or any combination of factors, really. As soon as multiple requirements are involved, it always makes things more difficult >_<

i love how they take whatever neopian need they think is most urgent and create an avatar out of it. i remember the lever of doom was created to reduce inflation for example :P

Was it really? That's hilarious.

Has anyone else noticed the price of junk increasing? I have trouble finding items for 1 NP now. Most everything has gone up to 2 NP.

inflation. But it's also because of the rubbish avatar, I think. It's like when they made piles of dungs wearable...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Was it really? That's hilarious.

inflation. But it's also because of the rubbish avatar, I think. It's like when they made piles of dungs wearable...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I actually wouldn't really call it inflation, merely, those shops which had the items for 2 NP forever (I've noticed many of those shops hadn't been touched in YEARS, and a lot of those users who own them long gone), are now appearing due to people buying the 1 NP. :P But yes, it will go "up", not by much though. A lot of those items you can still get everyday from fishing. Anyway, right now, I've decided I'm going to just keep buying and buying and not discarding anything until the answer is figured out. It was such a waste for me to spend so much time buying and discarding and ending up with nothing. :(

but then there would be no fun in it :P (or at least what TNT thinks is fun, others may call it sadistic glee)

i'm also now holding off, really not into spending nps on it, just keeping my junk atm until it builds up to the 70 items that people are reccomending.

I put some junk in my shop for 1np :) I don't really see the point in raising the value too much- especially if I was going to discard it anyways! I'm mostly waiting for the solution for this one!

Could you please tell us if the requirements for the Rubbish avatar make it impossible to get on our side accounts? I think everyone who is searching for the requirements on their side accounts (because they already have it on their main account) would like to know if they are wasting their time. Thanks! ^__^ ~

You are more than welcome to get the Rubbish avatar on every one of your accounts. In fact, we encourage it! (Though as always, any funding must come from your main.)

---

Is this a clue!?!

Does it suggest that you have to buy something specific (and discard it)?

So excited about discarding items! I've always discarded items that are useless and junk. I was hoping they would do this to kind of clear it out of most junk items. It's silly to think, but maybe they'll stop making/giving out bookus of certain items so that they can get a little bit of value.

I care not for the avatar but I sure am glad that they started this avvie. I am a junk collector and when I'm bored I collect unwanted junks from the trading post or buy all 1NP items from shop. Now since the craze began, I can sell my junk at 2NP with 1NP profit on each item and I had actually sold about 80 piles of dung at 5NP each :D

I'm waiting for the solution to come up before trying... like the wishing well avvie.

Wishing Well solution is donating 48673 Neopoints to the Well!

(I have it)!

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for discussion of the Rubbish avatar only. Please keep off topic posts in PMs or profile comments.

I doubt TNT would tie it to a specific item or rarity, unless it's rarity 101s. It wouldn't do a lot of cleaning up if it was tied to a specific item.

5000 does seem the magic number that I've seen over and over, HOWEVER, when it was first released TNT indicated there would be multiple steps. Perhaps 5,000 items and snagging something from the rubbish dump/money tree/second hand shoppe and discarding it?

Wishing Well solution is donating 48673 Neopoints to the Well!

(I have it)!

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for discussion of the Rubbish avatar only. Please keep off topic posts in PMs or profile comments.

I have it too but what I meant is that I am going to wait for the solution to come up just like the case of the wishing well avvie.

I agree with Lydia, rarity shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps it could also be the order of items thrown? Or thrown at a specific time?

Have anybody considered where the item discarded was taken from? Say, SDB or bought from shop, etc...

I've seen at least 3 people with the avie.. ive NM'd one and asked how she got it.. she basically told me you have to have at least 3,000+ items in your SDB & then take 70 out, and discard it all with nothing left in your inventory... and it must be all junk.

I got the Rubbish avvie after discarding 5000-6000 items, 70 at a time. I did it continually until I got the avatar.

I didn't discard anything specific just went through my sdb and moved the items I had tons of.

After I got the avvie I still had over 700 items left in my inventory.

maybe also the day of the week, week of the month, day of the month, etc. is something to add into the possible factors as well :S It might also be possible that it's like the magma pool where you have to do it during a certain time of day and that time is different for everyone.

As others have said, I rather just wait and see if a solution is found before randomly deleting stuff.