Rubbish Avatar Not Random After All

hrtbrk

I also tried discarding Pirate Compass Tables. I bought 120 tables, for a total of 6000 lbs. That's 3 times my account age, in days. I put them all in my inventory and discarded them 70 + 50. No avatar. Prior to this, I had already discarded ~4000 items. That would make a minimum total of 10,000 lbs. of stuff discarded. If it is related to weight, we will be looking at numbers in excess of 10,000 lbs or ratios of weight to some other account-related number that likely isn't account age.

I really like the weight-of-items theory. Too bad we aren't making any headway with it yet. It's probably too soon to discard it altogether, though. Keep trying!

I also tried discarding Pirate Compass Tables. I bought 120 tables, for a total of 6000 lbs. That's 3 times my account age, in days. I put them all in my inventory and discarded them 70 + 50. No avatar. Prior to this, I had already discarded ~4000 items. That would make a minimum total of 10,000 lbs. of stuff discarded. If it is related to weight, we will be looking at numbers in excess of 10,000 lbs or ratios of weight to some other account-related number that likely isn't account age.

I really like the weight-of-items theory. Too bad we aren't making any headway with it yet. It's probably too soon to discard it altogether, though. Keep trying!

I went past my account age in weight but didn't try stopping exactly on it(does that make sense) I'll try that next if nobody gets there before me. Unfortunately i have to keep going of to do this blessed work thing which gets in the way of the important stuff :thumbsdown:

Edit

Oh, i also tried moving stuff from my SDB to inventory then discarding a number of times in succession ie going SDB, inventory discard. SDB inventory discard........blah blah blah. got up as far as 10 times.

Well, I just tried Sunny Neo's method of discarding junk 70 at a time. I discarded about 2170 items, and no av. Didn't count the weight; it was too many different types of items to make that practical.

Something else that's considered junky and weighs a lot: orange grundo wardrobe. 200 lbs. The matching chair is 25 lbs, and the Orange Kreludan Bed is 110 lbs!

Will try going up to 10,000 lbs tonight.

EDIT:

Just discarded 10,010 lbs at once (one click, 51 items!) and nothing, which brings my weight total to 15,011...

Wow, I can't believe so many people have gotten it and no one has figured out the solution yet. I have tried discarding a bunch of random things to no avail. Ive discarded junk and non junk items. I've tried going to the money tree and then the dump to grab stuff and then discarding and nothing. I thought that perhaps you had to visit a certain page on the site (like the dump) and then discard to get the avvie. But so far no luck on my theory.

What do we think of the theory that you must discard a certain number of items in a certain timeframe? I discarded 2,000 items awhile ago, and if I were to discard 2,000 now, would my counter start over or would those 2,000 still count toward my total?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a theory! I think it has to do with the total amount of "est. np" that it indicates in the item details. Only a theory :) But none of the other theories seem to be infallible or logical. TNT has never done any avvie (that I can think of) that had so many confusing requirements, including seconds of the minute or anything like that. I do think it could have to be within 24 hours, or one week, or something as such.

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

I have just got this avatar \o/ will give as much info as i can to help others!

Started with 7411 random items in my sdb. After getting the ava and placing the rest back in my sdb it was down to 2277 items. So that it approx 5,000 items (not counting the ones i may have sent to other places by mistake)

The items i discarded were all done over about a 3 hour window of time.

I had just over 100k on hand (after reading someone else had that much when they got it)

It was 12.06 pm neo time.

I have a list of items that i was buying if anyone wants that. But it is a big list! I was all random 1 or 2 np items, plus a 2 year collection of toy sail boats ;)

Ok, well let's all look at all the possible theories and what might have an impact on getting the avatar, since we're all pulling our hair out over this:

• To do with the total amount of "est. np" (thanks, Molly3)
  • Total number items discarded (unlikely, as so many people already did this)
  • Total number items discarded within a time frame
  • Total weight of the items discarded (thanks, Lydia Trebond, although you also proved this unlikely xD)
  • Type of items discarded (special, junk, etc.)
  • Discarding a certain amount of items at bulk
  • Having 5k+ items in your inventory and discarding them at bulk
  • Discarding items that add up to a certain amount
  • Have at least 3000+ items in your SDB & then take 70 out, and discard it all with nothing left in your inventory, and it must all be junk (thanks, stac)

Ok, some of these theories are proven to be HIGHLY unlikely, however, it's still a theory, so it goes in the list xD Feel free to add!

Over a few days I discarded between 4,000 and 5,000 items, 70 at a time through quickstock and got it.

Has anyone tried X many UNIQUE items? That seems like another possibility

Edit:

144 unique and nothing

I doubt it's this as most people only discarded cheap stuff from dailies, especially when the avvie first came out. Personally, I'm trying to gather 5000+ junk items, having them all in my inventory and discarding 70 at a time, as this is the most common/successful method, from what I've seen.

I put the 7000 items i had into my inventory and found the page wouldnt load, was so slow it took hours to move them back to my sdb. But at the time neo was having problems i found out later, after thinking it was just me. So i was moving about 250 items out my sdb and then discarding them 70 at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for outlining the theories, Rachany. I still haven't gotten the avatar, so maybe i'll try to test one of those. Right now, I'm still collecting junk. Only at about 3,000.

I started a board on the AC asking what people had got the avvie from and the specific items I got was:

Greedy Kadoatie Piggy Bank r87

Box of Leftover Muffins r101

Old Rotten Left Shoe r101

Old Rotten Right Shoe r101

1) you have to discard a certain # of items

2) your discarded items must have a combined estimated value of X

3) discard items of certain rarity's.

Just a few ideas to throw out there

Well, here's my theory:

With this information, if the avatar was obtainable discarding items with weight X; est. value X; or rarity X, we could have this as formula, discard these items, or some with equivalent properties, and then get the avatar. But I tried and no avatar for me, so, I think there's something we need to do that is not related to the items we discard.

Possibilities:

The time that we discard the items;

How many NP's we have in hand; (just for the record, I had 7004 and no avatar for me :x)

What are the other items left on the inventory;

Does anyone agree?

I tried combined Item weight= age in days of pet(oldest) Very tedious and no joy. I'm now trying no of items = age of pet. For me that equals about 3000 items:( I don't suppose anyone knows if the peeps who got the avvie were old accounts or new ones

• 8 months later...

I also want to test the theory that it may have to do with how many

months old your account is, and you have to discard the same item.

Interesting! I also saw a few people say they got it by discarding 70 Red Quiggle Plushies, which also is R101

Let's combine theories, yttrium and hrtbrk: hrtbrk, do you know how old the account of the person who discarded the 70 red quiggles was? That might give us a hint. I don't know if you can give a username, but if you could, we could look at their profile and investigate different stats, starting with yttrium's account age theory.

Of course, if it has to do with an overall # of discards, none of that will help us. But it's worth a try.