Rubbish Avatar Not Random After All

hrtbrk

Blah, with so many different theories and combinations you would have thought that it would have been figured out by now, hopefully someone finds the true solution soon. *fingers crossed* before we all go mad haha.

I think it only has to do with # of discarded items. I discard items every day - things from KQ, dailies.. I just think you have to reach a certain random number. I really don't think items matter, since I got it by discarding food.

Just realized the massive downside to all this junk being thrown out. . . it's going to make it much harder for the people going after the packrat avatar to get cheap prices on junk. XD

So glad I already got that one.

I am working on that one now, but I haven't really noticed less than normal items for 1np. I have been going through the daily's articles and buying the "junk" prizes. So far so good, 201 items to go :)

Edit: Kind of good to be collecting junk for that avvie so I can use it for the rubbish avvie. Hopefully there will be a solution soon!

• 1 month later...

I hope it doesnt have to do with how long you have been on neopets. I am an old timer, still have my account from when I was a teenager. with that theory, i might to get rid of 164 items. WOW!!. Guess i should stock up on some 1np items just in case.

Hm, I guess I really wasn't aware of how many items you have to discard. I thought the majority of people got it after discarding around 5000 junk items, sometimes 6000. I've never heard of it taking more than that. I doubt it has anything to do with rarity, account age, or anything like that. I'm no where near having that many junk items yet, but as of now I'm not really all that intent on getting the avi. I assume I will get it sometime this year, but it's not a big deal if not. I still have so many other avatars I need.

That being said, I am really unsure if you need to discard all of the items at once or if you can just randomly discard and eventually you will get it?

This avatar is so frustrating, I can't really help you guys because I've discarded random stuff years ago! To figure this avatar out, we should ask new members to keep track of their dumping and only dump one item at a time. For every item they discard they should record weight, rarity and estimated cost. And then they all discard a few thousand times until we see a pattern and we'll know for sure. :) But yeah... I don't think anyone would do that because it would be A LOT of work! So I guess all we gotta do is discard items a little now and then and eventually in a few months we'll have the avatar! :)

I actually tallied what I discard so I knew how close to my goal of this magical "5000" number.

My method:

1. clear my inventory.

2. look up in shop wizard things that cost 1 np (all the daily junk, fish, plants, key quest prizes)

3. buy up all the 1 np items in that shop

4. continue until inventory is full.

5. use quick stock to discard all of them at once.

then you just tally up how many times you do this. This way you keep track of you number and see how close to your goal is. I think it is a nice motivation tool and great way to keep organized.

I threw away my post it where I kept my tallies but I remember it was around 4,700 1 np items.

It also took foreverrrrr.... But I did get some faerie quests for clicking around so much.

Edit: I took a week to do it so I'm not sure about anything more than that.

Edited by gpssaylost

I know you don't have to discard them all at once, but do you have to discard the items within a certain time period? I've just been collecting junk in my SDB and I don't want to discard them yet in case there is a time limit.

I hear that you have to discard using quick stock to get the avatar though.

I got the avatar today, but I didn't discard a single junk item. I was cleaning out my SDB and discarded 732 different foods and I got it :)

Wait you got the avatar after discarding ONLY 732 (different food) items? @___@

So i just spent the last 3 days collecting over 5500 items. Now i've transfered close to 5200 items back to my inventory and it's laggy and slow as ever.

Now i feel like i've commited neo suicide because i wont ever be able to move my items out or back and thus my inventory will forever be like that and not be able to hold other items and then my account will be basically useless. Ok thats a bit of an over reaction, but seriously i really regret doing this. I don't know if i can deal with the lag. I'm usually a fairly patient person but slow computers or slowness in any electronics is like nails on the chalkboard for me. So everyone please wish me luck on this avatar because if i don't get it after all this i may like scream or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok after days of trying to transfer items out of my inventory with no luck i was finally able to do it today. I switched browsers(i usually use chrome and i decided to try firefox to see if it made a difference) and it was like night and day between the two. I was finally able to discard my items and not only that, i got the rubbish avatar!

I do have a list of all the items i had in my SDB, as well as the items that were in my inventory and the items i had left over directly after i got the avatar event. I however do not have a list of the exact items it took to get the random event. Hopefully with that info it can atleast bring some people a little closer.

I convert it into a pdf and post it in a day or two.

So i just spent the last 3 days collecting over 5500 items. Now i've transfered close to 5200 items back to my inventory and it's laggy and slow as ever.

Now i feel like i've commited neo suicide because i wont ever be able to move my items out or back and thus my inventory will forever be like that and not be able to hold other items and then my account will be basically useless. Ok thats a bit of an over reaction, but seriously i really regret doing this. I don't know if i can deal with the lag. I'm usually a fairly patient person but slow computers or slowness in any electronics is like nails on the chalkboard for me. So everyone please wish me luck on this avatar because if i don't get it after all this i may like scream or something.

I did EXACTLY the same thing. It was so frustrating! But I also got the avatar by the end of it, so it was worth it in the end- but yeah, so everyone who is stocking up items in their SDB: pull out one page of items at a time. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

I read through this whole thread hoping that against all odds there'd be some easy theory on how to get the avatar, but alas, I think I'm finally going to have to suck it up and get a few thousand junk items! I've been putting off this avatar but I'm giving in now.

After getting the pack rat I thought I'd go for the rubbish avatar.. Cleared out all the more expensive items to sell and keep the items I need later on (faeries, codestones, etc) and then bought a few more thousands of items to get about 5k total.

Moved them in bunches of roughly 500 to the inventory, then dumped it all. No avatar.

A little bit annoyed, bought another 5k set of items. Moved in sets of about 800 as it started to load too slow for my liking and dumped it all. No avatar.

Anyone know what's going on? I see most people say its roughly 5k and at roughly 10k if not more, still no avatar :s

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm new and probably won't come back (unless I have some kind of problem I can't figure out).

Anyway, I read the entire topic, since I needed the Rubbish Avatar and I got it (thanks, btw :))

I can't help much about the data, but I can say I took out under 4,000 items from my SDB. I had 7000+ and now I have almost 4,400 left.

I had some NC items in my inventory along with something in my trades, but the rest was cheap items from my SDB. I discarded it 70 at the time, but I did not had more than 400-500 items in my inventory at any time.

After discarding A LOT i went away and returned to the computer several hours later. I had only old omelettes to discard (under 500), but I did and finally I got the avatar.

I have a theory:

Discard the same items several times. Like 70 Plain Omelette and then 70 Sausage and Pepperoni Omelette and 70 Sausage Omelette... 70 of THE SAME item.

It might not be that, but it did help me after discarding so much other different stuff.

Good luck :D

Hi

I'm new and probably won't come back (unless I have some kind of problem I can't figure out).

Anyway, I read the entire topic, since I needed the Rubbish Avatar and I got it (thanks, btw :))

I can't help much about the data, but I can say I took out under 4,000 items from my SDB. I had 7000+ and now I have almost 4,400 left.

I had some NC items in my inventory along with something in my trades, but the rest was cheap items from my SDB. I discarded it 70 at the time, but I did not had more than 400-500 items in my inventory at any time.

After discarding A LOT i went away and returned to the computer several hours later. I had only old omelettes to discard (under 500), but I did and finally I got the avatar.

I have a theory:

Discard the same items several times. Like 70 Plain Omelette and then 70 Sausage and Pepperoni Omelette and 70 Sausage Omelette... 70 of THE SAME item.

It might not be that, but it did help me after discarding so much other different stuff.

Good luck :D

That's really good to know! Thanks for posting - I need to try that.

I have been going for this avatar collecting junk and throwing it out and nothing! I started out doing it after doing my pack rat and did the discarding 70 at a time thing ..nothing!

My problem is that I have to keep picking through my stuff to throw away as I have other stuff in my SDB like codestones and bits and pieces that I do not want to get rid of as junk by accident.

I know there must be a sensible solution but is there somewhere else I can store my wanted items so I can just use my SDB without being nervous of throwing out my good stuff?

(My gallery is full at the moment and also not big enough)

After one year, there's still no exact solution to get this avatar.

o-o

It took years to crack the Bonju avatar. And we still don't know exactly how the Cell Block one works (TNT swears it's not random).

I'd gotten into the habit of chucking everything "worthless" from dailies into my SDB for months. When I decided to try for the rubbish avatar, I went through, category by category, and checked two things for anything I had a lot of: 1) SW price and 2) that it wasn't retired or a quest item. Then I removed them, one page at a time, discarded in another tab, etc. It did take a few hours, but that way I knew I wasn't discarding anything valuable.