What was the last Movie you saw ??

Angeló

The hubby and I are watching all the animated Disney movies we can get our hands on, excluding most but not all sequels. Today alone, we watched Peter Pan, Monsters Inc., Ponyo, and Hercules. We also watched the special features of another Disney movie specifically because it turns out a friend of ours hosted it.

"Despicable Me"

I love animated films! :laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Keep your posts at 7 words or higher, smilies don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I watched Matilda again the other night :D Such an awesome film, brings back so many childhood memories!

The Lorax

frankly , I was really excited about it ... after all it's made by the same people who made "Despicable Me" ... but I wasn't impressed at all .. I love the 70's short TV special and I think they should've stuck to that ... the colors are nice but it just kept going and going .. when you're making a feature film , such things happen .. but I think it was 40 minutes too long ... the message delivered was really good though .. consumerism vs environment ...

I just watched Hunger Games in theaters. :D I was quite happy with it, aside from a few things that happened early choronologically in comparison to the books. I guess a survival movie wasn't enough to make it 'interesting' for the directors...

Anyways, I'm a fan of the books, and I liked the movie. :3 So that's cool. Plus it's been a while since I was in a theater.

slkdfjhaldkjfhlidjkfh i just watched huner games. it was amazing. you should all go see. i would recommend it to everyone. unless your scared of dogs....

Or wasps, perhaps. XD The wasps tracker jackers were scarier than the dogs in my opinion. D:

The Woman in Black, the 2012 version as mentioned in this thread. I thought the beginning was quite unexpected, it had many scary moments, and I was crying by the end. I'd recommend it if you like films like The Others, The Sixth Sense, and ghosty films.

Sweetdang, I remember watching that version of Romeo & Juliet in High School (over a decade ago now), and he does look like Zac! Good film.

A few movies i've watched this week :

The Iron Lady : about the ex- UK prime minister Margaret Thatcher ... it wasn't what I expected .. they show her as a senile lady with hallucinations who's remembering the past ... but the flashbacks were strange and didn't show much of her character or her rise to power ...

True Grit : about a 14-yr old girl who hires a Marshall to track down her father's killer ... beautiful cinematography , great dialouge and amazing performances by the cast ...

Across The Universe : a love story / musical set in the back-drop of the Vietnam war , Anti-war demonstrations and Beatles songs ... it was a bit longer than usual (2:15hrs) but enjoyed every minute of it ... Bono , Joe Cocker , and Salma Hayek all make Cameo appearances ...

The last film I saw on Netflix was Insidious from 2010. I decided to give it a go after remembering seeing the trailer when it was out at the cinema, and I have to say that I actually found it quite disturbing in some scenes (in a good way). I guess if you're easily scared by films - especially with ghosts and possession - then you should give it a miss. Otherwise, I'd recommend it.

Personally, I LOVE horror movies and revel in seeing if they'll make me jump. :)

I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest again last night. Jack Nicholson is just.... brilliant. Awesome film is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Shrek the third

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.