Soup faerie avatar...

Zooba

I was thinking about trying for it, but I was wondering about the technicalities. Isn't it against the rules/suspicious behavior if somebody suddenly transfers all of their money to another account? Also, is the avatar completely random? How often are you allowed to visit the soup faerie? How much np can you spend at an auction? I know there's an 800k cap on the TP, but that would make transferring my nps take forever.

What I did to get the avatar was transfer a fair amount of NP to my side and use most of it to upgrade my side's gallery size. Then on my main account I used up the rest of my NP trying for the Kelp avatar and splurging on some items. I waited until all of my pets were dying to go to the soup faerie and after feeding up all of my pets to bloated, I had gotten the avatar. :) I think it's easier to get the avatar if you are feeding all of your pets a bunch of times in a row.

Edit: I should probably note that I was not very rich when I decided to go for this avatar. I do not think there is a limit for auctions, and yes the avatar is random. You can go to the soup faerie as many times as you like as long as your pets are not bloated and you have less than 2k (or is it 2.5k?) NP. The soup faerie knows how much NP is in the bank and in your shop till. I'm not sure if she knows when you have NP in auctions.

So basically you can use the soup faerie until your pets are bloated? no limit? I don't really want to spend my nps, there aren't any items that I really want. If it isn't okay to transfer them to a side, then I'll probably just never get the avvie.

I just thought of something else, does the soup faerie see the nps you have in the stock market?

No she can't. I remember that I was working on the stock avatar when I got the soup faerie avatar. I completely forgot about that. I don't know that you would get into trouble for transferring np to your side temporarily. I didn't want to risk it being suspicious, so the money I transferred over basically stayed over there until I used it for my gallery.

as far as i know your allowed to transfer money to your side just clearly state in the trades or on the sides lookup that it is a side to your other account. the rules as far as i know state that you can transfer money to your side your just not allowed to make money on your side.

i'm going to have to do this soon as well i totally forgot about the soup faerie avatar its going to be a bit annoying but i'm just gonna do lots of trades

I was trying to get a lab map at the time and managed to tie up all my neopoints into trades (again, not very rich) and restocking codestones for the codestone avatar (but not selling them until after I got it)

Maybe if you are worried about transferring so many neopoints (though it shouldn't be a problem at all) go on a big restock binge for your shop and then visit the soup faerie until you get it and then price everything in your shop.

Edit:

She CAN see your shop till and your bank, but not stocks or trades or auctions.

She CAN see your shop till and your bank, but not stocks or trades or auctions

Hmm..so if I bid all my money on a trade with my side, don't accept it, get the avvie and withdraw my bid it should work right?

Randomly awarded while feeding your pets at the Soup Kitchen external_link.gif. Only accounts with less than 3,000NP (in total, from on-hand NP, shop till, bank) are elegible; send NP to side account if necessary

I had to go quickly look up the soup faerie avvie, worried that I didn't have it and would have to do all the np jiggling, thankfully I have it, but whilst I was there I thought I'd copy the text from it. :)

Yeah the auctions would work, unfortunately you can't withdraw an auction bid, which means that the nps would be transferred, which I'm not sure is okay with TNT. I would assume that its alright, but a couple of my neo friends told me it was iffy.

Yeah the auctions would work, unfortunately you can't withdraw an auction bid, which means that the nps would be transferred, which I'm not sure is okay with TNT. I would assume that its alright, but a couple of my neo friends told me it was iffy.

I was a little late in getting the soup faerie avatar and had to move a large amount of NPs but this is how I did it using the Trading Post:

I calculated how many 800,000NP offers I needed in order to have less than 3,000NP on my main account

Then go on your side account and create a bunch of trades using junk items (and list them as reserved) you should know how many items you need based on the 800,000 max offer.

I can't remember exactly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) however, I think you can make up to six offers for each lot//item.

So then you just offer with your main account and never accept it from your side account. Then try for the soup faerie avatar!

I have put 10 lots of 800k trades from my side account minibark22 and bid on several of them 3 times each..........If anyone wants to bid on them I will wait until you let me know here that you have the avatar before I reject your offers I have been on neopets for 8 years and on TDN for awhile now and I hope I have shown I can be trusted and not trying to cheat anyone I just would like to help anyone I can.....

I only needed to go to the soup kitchen twice and then I got the avatar so I will close off the trades now as I had no other offers

Hmm..so if I bid all my money on a trade with my side, don't accept it, get the avvie and withdraw my bid it should work right?

This is exactly how I did it. I never actually transferred my nps to another account. (But I had less than 800k at the time)

As far as doing it with auctions with several million nps, I don't see what the problem would be. Like other people have already mentioned, it is allowable to transfer nps to side accounts. There is no dedicated method for doing that. That's why people use trades. So why not auctions as well? Again like someone already mentioned, as long as your side has the same email and it looks like a side account (no shop, no games played, etc.) I think TNT are smart enough to understand.

I'm letting my pets get down to Dying status before I go for the av, but it is so sad! They're still at hungry/very hungry, and I hope it doesn't take another whole day. I've had to construct in my head that want it as much as I do. xp

Hope this isn't technically OT.

I fed my pets to bloated and they refused more food then the next day ( NST) which was only a couple of hours my time I only had to feed 1 pet from very full to bloated and I got the avatar.

I'm letting my pets get down to Dying status before I go for the av, but it is so sad! They're still at hungry/very hungry, and I hope it doesn't take another whole day. I've had to construct in my head that want it as much as I do. xp

Personally I think that's the surest way to get the avatar quickly once you have the money issue taken care of. I don't remember quite how many servings of soup it took to get the avatar, but it was at least half way through feeding my two pets up to bloated from dying... One thing to keep in mind if you are waiting for them to get super hungry is that there is a possibility of the healing springs or the magical grundo plushie decreasing your active pet's hunger.