Inflation versus deflation.

April

Guest little4lupe

they'll continue to deflate, considering TNT has stated they won't take them away from the dailies in 'the forseeable future.'

That's what I was wondering. There was talk in the pound chat about them stabilising and possibly inflating a bit later on.

Who knows. XD

I really hope they get back up. Them inflating is my only way I will ever get my UC dreamies.

I really hope they get back up. Them inflating is my only way I will ever get my UC dreamies.

Yeah, that's what I thought you wanted when you said you wanted them to go up. I don't think anyone will ever say, "Oh boy! I get to pay another 10m for my Draik!"

There was a thread a while back debating this, and one post mentioned that the PC could just be less stingy... and after lurking on the PC for a few months, I don't think that's going to happen.

I still say a better solution would be to allow people to change a converted pet into a unconverted pet using the fountain faerie quest. It would save everyone the hassle of really having to trade pets other then if you want a different name because now every pet has a chance of being anything.

I feel strongly about this because I am not really a huge fan of converted draiks but unconverted draiks are amazing. *tear.

Guest little4lupe

As nice as that would be, Batman, TNT is so anti-UC pets as it is, that it'd never happen. :c

The thing that bugs me most is when people hoard UCs. D: I've literally seen people with multiple accounts full of them. That also makes it more difficult for anyone else to get their one or so UC dreams.

I feel really awful for all of those people who spent their NPs, saving every last drop, just to obtain a Krawk or a Draik. Don't forget, this is A LOT of people who were doing this, Krawks and Draiks had been expensive and highly restrictive for years and TNT had allowed it to be this way.

Don't get me wrong - they NEEDED to deflate. But to the extent in which they had? I feel that it was a bit too much. Krawks were, at one point, the rarest of the bunch, now, they're decreasing lower than one million! It was like a kick in the face to all of those users who had received them previously, thousands of wasted hours, hoarding NP....

I think the rate on which people win them should decrease a bit. Since I know it's not going to happen for me (5th day already which there was nothing happening on the shore), I wouldn't mind.

Don't forget, many things right now are still very, horridly expensive, requiring hours of saving and effort.

And yes, the Krawks and Draiks had previously been the only way to trade for a UC pet; I obtained my Draik in this manner.

As of now, I see them only deflating, especially if TNT views them as pets which should be obtainable for everyone.

I still say a better solution would be to allow people to change a converted pet into a unconverted pet using the fountain faerie quest. It would save everyone the hassle of really having to trade pets other then if you want a different name because now every pet has a chance of being anything.

I feel strongly about this because I am not really a huge fan of converted draiks but unconverted draiks are amazing. *tear.

I sent in a ticket about this last year, and got a really snarky response from one of the support people about it just being old images...blah blah. I would love to have a way to unconvert pets but I think TNT would be against this because they'd eventually lose people who customize and therefore make them lose money. Sorry - it's all about money now!

As for the topic, I highly doubt it. There's a steady supply for both species from free dailies, so it's not likely to rise unless the prizes will be changed and MPs/eggs/magical plushies will become rare again. Which I personally like, because it's ridiculous - I had to spend 17mil for a krawk MP for my friend a year ago. That's far too much for one pet and I'm glad krawks and draiks have become more attainable now.

I think it's good that some of these pets are deflating. I mean, even some of the paintbrushes should be cheaper. But personally I think that you should be able to any pet and then if you really want to show off your status somehow on neopets you can do it by painting your pet a really expensive colour. But I don't know, that's just me and I don't really like Draiks or Krawks and would probably never own one.

I sent in a ticket about this last year, and got a really snarky response from one of the support people about it just being old images...blah blah. I would love to have a way to unconvert pets but I think TNT would be against this because they'd eventually lose people who customize and therefore make them lose money. Sorry - it's all about money now!

That's silly though. I don't like the dresses and clothes much really. I prefer having a nice foreground and background. I might actually consider buying NC if I had a pet that I really considered the customization worth it (dreams of an UC dari draik).

Unless they make the mps out of the dailies then they won't go up. They will continue to decrease until the demand finally catches up to the supply. Which i don't see it happening.

Wow I must really be out of the loop. But then again I've never traded pets even once during my like eight year span on the site so it's not too surprising I guess. What dailies are these things being given out on? I do agree though, that the UC pets are NEVER coming back. What's on the site now is it. And that's why people hoard them. I know I would never trade my UC darigan draik or eyrie...the tonu...eh XD But still, you can't really fault people for hanging onto theirs. Get upset with TNT for being such sticklers about the thing. It really is all about money, as was mentioned. UC pets = no need to spent NC on clothes. It's ridiculous but that's the path the site's been going down for a very long time.

In another couple of years they are probably going to covert the pets again and everyone is going to hate them and wish we had THESE old pets back. And then us 'really old' neopet-ers are going to be the few that (are still addicted- heh) still remember the old days! But sorry, that's probably :offtopic:

I wish they brought back UC Lutaris to be honest. Heh. Anyways, as I've mentioned I'm not a fan of Krawks or Draiks but I'd like to see them inflate so I could sell the petpet or egg for more (that is...if I ever got one!)

Mmmm I don't really dig krawks that much but I would maybe like a draik one day. Either way I'm not too bothered. So...I guess I hope they keep deflating for people who really want them. I think it makes everything a bit fairer as some people find it difficult to make NPs :D

Also about UCs.. in a sick sort of way, and please guys don't hate on me too much, I wish there hadn't been an option to keep unconverted pets. I wish TNT had just customised them all in one fell swoop. That way there wouldn't be so many hoarders/ snooty people on the PC holding their precious UCs over everyone's heads.

Yes, they're prettier and have way more character than the converteds but in the end they're just pixels and they shouldn't make newbies feel like they're inferior just cos they have converted pets instead of unconverted pets.

I'm quite glad they're dropping. It sucks for the resellers and such, but it's making Krawks/Draiks less... unnattainable for casual players. I might actually manage to make the goal of a Pirate Draik Egg, if I keep saving like I am. Also, as for TNT changing the prizes of the Forgotten Shore, I don't think they will. I don't recall them ever doing something like that before — they don't really care about the Neo-economy. The prizes were probably deliberate in the first place. They're pets that are meant to be harder to get than limited edition, but not that level of harder. I'm assuming deflation was actually their agenda in doing the Krawk Island plot — a re-do of Krawk Island, as well as more Krawks for everyone.

I am clearly out of the loop as I wasn't aware Krawk/Draik MPs/eggs were being given out by a daily until I googled the Forgotten Shore business. I have 6 pieces of the map so I guess I'll get the other 3 and start giving it a go as I really want to have a Draik.

I think if they're being given out as a daily, they're bound to deflate further. It's actually a real shame. There was once some sort of prestige in owning a Draik or a Krawk and you had to work really hard for it.. now they're almost just as attainable as every other pet. I think removing the requirement for effort to get things you want takes a lot of fun out of the game itself.

I think removing the requirement for effort to get things you want takes a lot of fun out of the game itself.

--

I actually agree. I hate that they are deflating, not just because I want a UC but just in general. It was nice t ohave a couple pets that were really hard to get! It gave it a special sort of thrill to have one or achieve one.