Restocking Help? Please? :c

MysteriousUser

Any tips on restocking? I have seen 5 MPs in the past 30 min but they were all sold out. How are people so fast??? I barely refresh and then click and gone... :S I've lost a Fire Bruce, Island Acara, Brown Ixi, Spotted Kougra, Baby Lupe, Pirate Grundo, and a Grarrl MP. I'm kicking myself for even seeing them and not being fast enough. :sad01_anim: Am I really slow or are people using software?

There are legit people with mad restocking skills. Other people tend not to play fair. Good on you for playing fair!

Now to work on your mad restocking skills:

First off, the magic shop is not very good practice for beginners. It goes by REALLY fast because people want quick money. I suggest going to other shops and start practicing restocking there. Collectible Coins, Sea Shells, Food Shops, Book Shops are relatively easy shops to RS at.

Second, you need to get used to your keyboard. You need to be able to have your fingers move to the numbers you need to without having to look at them. I know, it's pretty ninja :P And usually what I do, if the shopkeeper is asking for something like 1,213 NP, just mash it as 1222. All you really need are the first two numbers right and the rest is just muscle memory.

Another tip I can give you is to resize your screen by holding CTRL + scroll wheel down (this is for Windows, not a clue on Mac). This is so you don't have to scroll down the page every time you refresh to see what's in the shop. It's tricky though, since you have to be able to recognize which items are worth restocking. And finding the image when you are buying can also be tricky - so it takes a bit of practice.

I know RSing is really frustrating when you're just getting started, and the Magic Shop really is not a fun place to be at. But with a bit more practice and trying these tips out, I think you can have some mad RSing skillz too ^_^

And finding the image when you are buying can also be tricky - so it takes a bit of practice.

What I do is I actually use my left hand to punch in the numbers (just takes a bit of practice to get used to it). Then WHILE I'm punching in the numbers I scroll down a little bit with my right hand so I can find the image and position my cursor over it. Then when I'm done with the numbers I just click.

I'd just like to mention that it seems necessary to have a very fast connection/computer in order to restock well. I never manage to snag really great stuff because my computer thinks rather slowly and the internet connection isn't always the best.

Thanks for the help guys! I think I've gotten a little better at the restocking thing. I used your tips and they seem to be working great. I've gotten a few valuables at the clothing shop. It's gonna take a while getting used to the magic shop, but I've come close multiple times! I made it to the haggle screens of two morphing potions. One was very rare so I was excited I had a chance. I didn't get it (shame too, it was a Draik MP D:) but I got a more common one, albeit still worth it. I need to work on my haggling and refreshing speed, but everything else worked just fine. What a confusing but exciting day. :rolleyes_anim:

Thanks for the tips- I'm actually going to use these as well because I'm TERRIBLE at restocking! My question is, how much is an appropriate amount to keep out when you're RSing at the magic shop? How much does Kauvra usually sell potions for?

Try and carry as much as you can :P Then again I always have over 100k on hand when RSing, because I'm paranoid like that.

http://www.neopets.com/~Advantina is an excellent resource/RSing guide which really helped me a lot when I first started. Good luck! :)