Continuing with lab ray?

So I'm thinking of training my pet to greater heights but it's currently my only pet as well as my lab rat. Her stats are:

Level: 8

Health: 353

Strength: LEGENDARY (117)

Defence: below average

Move: LEGENDARY (134)

So obviously it's very imbalanced. I was wondering if I should just switch to using dubloons/codestones as soon as possible or continue with the lab ray to a certain point? There's also my level being very low and having to level it up like a hundred times before being able to train it on its other stats.

I don't know much about training, etc, but I know that at about the lvl 50 mark, your pet stops getting the "goes back to level one" zap. Just sayin' :)

That's the first time I've heard of that! Can someone confirm this? Cause if this is true then I should, at the least, train my pet through the training schools to level 50 before I continue zapping my pet. Or do you mean I can still get a decreasing level zap but just not specifically "goes back to level one" zap? And are there any other stats that do this too (Reaching a certain point where the lab ray won't decrease it anymore)?

It is only speculated to happen at 50. I have read places where you won't get the go down to level 1 after level 20. I am sure that it happens eventually but I don't think we know of a set in stone number.

As far as training is concerned. It is going to cost you a fortune to even them out. I would say start with another pet. Because in order to start training the other stats you are going to have to raise your level to double your highest stat which at this moment is the health at 353 which means that you will have to raise it to 177 before you can train anything other then health.

Oh and the other stats will always go up and down. The only one that doesn't have a decrease is just the health.

Hmm ok. But the thing about starting another pet is that.. if I were to go very far in terms of training a pet--let's just say to 500 per stat or something--wouldn't it be more beneficial to start with my lab rat because in the end whether I use a new pet or not, I'm going to have to go to level 250 except the only difference would be that starting with my old pet would have me begin with strength at 100+ and hp at 300+?

She's a mutant Aisha. Not sure if Aishas are good for battling but I could change her later. And I'm not too sure about starting two pets because that would make training very expensive since I'm planning to increase her stats very high in the future. And it might even be very costly in terms of time unless I'm mistaken. I haven't used training schools for a very long time so I forgot if we can actually train more than one pet at a time there.

Right now I'm thinking I should definitely switch over to training schools. And the species thing brings up a good point. At this point in the game, it might be a good idea to keep zapping my pet until I get a good species then just stick with it and start using training schools since I want to keep her 300+ health and 100+ strength.

The reason why I suggested picking another pet is because in order to train up the defense/strength you will be spending Six Codestones per point. If you started with a lower pet then you can train all of the stats evenly and save yourself some codestones. Of course you could use the Swashbuckling Academy but they only train pets up to level 40 and takes a lot of time to do it.

Okay I think I get what you're saying. I haven't used training schools for training for an extremely long time so I can barely remember, but do you mean to say that if I were to level my pet to level 177, despite her defence being as low as 7, since my level is high I would be paying 6 codestones (so not just one codestone) to increase the defence to 8?

Correct. And you would also be in there for 12 hours per point. So at this level most people start negging for defense but i don't think there is any nice solution for raising your strength. It all gets pretty expensive.

It's very costly, but I would stop zapping and start training. Why? The pet has very very low defence and that's its great weakness in battle. Its gonna be very expensive though.

That would be a VERY VERY bad idea for several reasons.

1. Defence is not useful in 1p.

2. Training a lab rat takes too much time and money.

3. If you REALLY want defense on that pet, A-neggs are cheaper and faster, 30k per def when if would cost you more than that to train a defense if you had the right level.

4. lab ray raises stats that are expensive to raise, (if you can't train, hp cost 90k/hp and attack costs 65k/att) while def is 30k

Yeah I've looked into the money issue a while back and found that even if I use A-neggs and increased my level accordingly, I'll be losing a lot more money than if I were to start a new pet and train it from scratch. My level would have to be around 180 before I start leveling my other stats like strength which only requires 3 codestones (level 65 or so) whereas the other option uses something like 7 codestones and is way more time consuming for stats and completely unnecessary if I had just planned the appropriate order of increasing my level along with other stats. I'd save millions of NPs in the long run.

Personally I'd start training a new pet but keep zapping the old one. Most likely a balanced pet will be better for 2p (where you need exact stats to max your league) but keeping on labbing your lab rat will give you a pet with a lot of hp and strength perfect for taking down enemies during battle plots. Unless you have around 100 million nps invested in weapons to battle in the high 2p leagues, I'd strongtly suggest my advice.

Also, I'm not sure if you're specifically planning on fighting only 1p or 2p or considering doing both? This could help make a decision. If you just want to 1p, you probably would be best off just zapping as high hp/strength builds are all that are needed in my opinion.