Best Battledome Species?

I don't know right off the bat what the answer would be...I do know, however, that the TDN Battlepedia has a section on Species Weapons, so you can do research on pets you're considering before you get it.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/species/index/

I have to say, I don't find the species abilities useful. Not as useful as Berserk Attack, Sink, or Burrow.

Alright then, I'll look into it, thanks! :)

Edit: I haven't gone through all the species, but in terms of prices, Lenny seems to be the best species. It has a 50% healer and 100% freezer that sells for less than non-specie specific 50% healers and 100% freezers. If someone can verify whether or not Lenny is the best species, that'd be great.

Yeah I think I've decided to use either one of the three that you've listed instead of Lenny. The reason being that each of Lenny's weapons still cost a hefty chunk out of my budget and won't matter until it's super strong anyway. The healers for Kacheek and Gelert or the freezer for Lupes are a lot more beneficial for their price once I'm in the intermediate range for battling. Then I can switch to Lenny using a Split Lenny Morphing Potion once I'm advanced :)

Freezers don't cost THAT much compared to healers. Gelert's healing Rem is like 300% cheaper than any other 50% healer.

Freeze Pot. restocks for less than 100k if you're lucky enough to get it...

There's also the tunic. both around 7mill (considering other 100% healers are up to 30 mill)

I'D SAY GELERT'S ARE THE BEST :rolleyes_anim:

teehee

I was thinking that Lenny was better because it has both a species 50% healer and a species freezer which are both cheaper than non species healers and freezers. Based on TDN's Battlepedia, it's worth about 4.8mil-6mil for both. If you look at Gelerts, Kacheeks, and Lupes, they can easily get either a 50% healer and freezer for under or around 100k, but to get the other respective freezer or healer it would cost 7-10mil more. Meaning in the long-run if one were to remain vigilant with a pet's species, wouldn't it be theoretically better to stick with Lenny (assuming one wants both a freezer AND a 50% healer--not just one)? And if budget becomes a problem, wouldn't it still be better off having Lenny as a final species? For example: Not having enough money to afford the 5mil Lenny equipment now, so just getting a Kacheek for its life potion and then when money isn't a problem, switch over to Lenny for less than 50k with a Split Lenny Morphing Potion.

scorchio and pteri have good resistances. But I use a kacheek for the resasons stated above (cuz he is lab pet). Most species weapons other than the ones listed are generally worthless and not worth getting that pet for. I would use kacheek, with KLP and RFFR which will cost less than 500k.

• 2 weeks later...

scorchio and pteri have good resistances. But I use a kacheek for the resasons stated above (cuz he is lab pet). Most species weapons other than the ones listed are generally worthless and not worth getting that pet for. I would use kacheek, with KLP and RFFR which will cost less than 500k.

I've made a Kacheek about a week ago and started training it :) But what does RFFR stand for?

But what does RFFR stand for?

To answer that swift question, RFFR stands for Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, the 50% Freezer item that was released last year. ;)

I looked at morphing my battle pet into a lenny, but I can't find the lenny healer for sale at all the the lenny freezers are equally hard/expensive to find. I will be morphing to an elephante. The healer it not the cheapest, but I like the elephante better than the other species with the species healers.

People have to take into consideration other circumstances for picking best species. For example, ineed, kacheeks, elephantes, gelerts, lennies, lupes, etc have the cheapest BDEs but if you are doing 2P, the species weapons will not very much helpful. I assume that for 2P battlers, you are in battle guilds (2P battling is more frequent if you are in a guild) most guild rules do not allow species weapons. This is because in cap battles, those who have species weapons has an advantage which is quite unfair to other players. Imagine a 500K capped battle. You have a kacheek while the other one has a krawk. It will be a one sided sided battle if you analyse this circumstance. Also, for inter and intra guild wars, guilds rules often (but now always) forbid freezers and stealers. And for uncapped battles, still, most guild rules forbid species weapons. But if you are in 1P or not in any battle guild, of course species weapons will help a lot. So I believe that the basis should be based on the resistance and not on the species weapon availability. And to this, scorchios and pteris still own the BD and some other species like grundos (for dark resistance), kau (for 10% resistance of every element).

The Kau neopet is a very good one. You don't have to try to build a set around their resistances as they are well rounded. It's like having a near guaranteed 10% extra HP every fight you go into. Personally I favor species with 6 icon attacks. I have some good attack combos with my aisha which is why I battle with an aisha with no resistances at all. :)