NC Mall Event: The Case of the Missing King

hrtbrk

Many users were wondering why Lulu was absent on the first day of the Daily Dare. We have found some information about a new NC Mall event that will have NC participants join Lulu in an adventure as she searches through Neopia to find King Roo and a missing piece to the new games room.

ncmall_dailydare_2012_v1.jpg

Participants will help Lulu choose a path and will receive a NC item on the following day, which will be based on total community votes - that's right, you will be voting for the prize.

Adventure Books (5 and 13 packs) are expected to be up for purchase tomorrow as the event will run from March 9 through March 21!

For extensive details, view The Case Of The Missing King FAQ.

What do you think of this new event and the community voting on what the daily prize will be?

We'll know more tomorrow but from what I understand, a prize coincides with a path. The most picked path means we get that prize? If that makes sense? Am only going off the small FAQ that was found tonight.

Heh, I kind of like knowing what prize I'll get from it, though - like old Lulu challenges. I'm glad they changed it up this year but I hope the prizes are going to be worthwhile :(

From what I read, you get the prize on the day after?

Once you vote or claim a prize you will receive the item awarded on the following day in your inventory.

Sooo basically I'm waiting on what happens to Lulu before I get something nice. Or not nice. Goodness.

I love how Lulu is a cardboard cut-out in the Daily Dare picture. (Seriously, go look!)

All of my NC was set to expire on Feb 29th, so I spent the rest. No more NC for me.

Heh, I kind of like knowing what prize I'll get from it, though - like old Lulu challenges. I'm glad they changed it up this year but I hope the prizes are going to be worthwhile :(

From what I read, you get the prize on the day after?

Sooo basically I'm waiting on what happens to Lulu before I get something nice. Or not nice. Goodness.

Well if you or others are really worried about it you can always start out with just a five pack instead of getting the whole thirteen and decide if those first five or good or not then get more later if you like them.

the bonus item for activating your "Pages"

mall_dd_lulusatchel.gif

Lulus Adventure Satchel

Now you can go on any adventure with this satchel! This bonus prize was awarded by Lulu for participating in the Case of the Missing King in Y14.

4.png

Zones Affected: 1 (Belt)

Zones Restricted: 0

its not something you can see easily (and its kinda ugly) its on the RHS of the screen and is blocked by your pets body..

just regarding this bonus, normally you got the bonus at the end of the NC challenge when it was tallied up how many of lulus challenges you did. now it appears you get the bonus for activating the pack, totally reverse what was done last time.

I love how Lulu is a cardboard cut-out in the Daily Dare picture. (Seriously, go look!)

HAHA!!

I'm not a NC person or I would probably be excited for this. :-(

Totally... I have been sick with a cold for a long time, so I was very excited for a QUEST during this time!! Or, plot, or w/e. And was so excited about "la la la neopets it great it's better than tv it keeps my mind active blah blah" and then WAAAT I have to pay??? :( Bummer! I suppose daily dare is cool though

Okay, I cannot find where you would even go to purchase these things. There is no Daily Dare shop at the NC Mall that I see. I see the Adventure thing, but it is the big book and it does not send you anywhere, only back to the NC Mall to get the packs. BUT WHERE ARE THE PACKS? Have I become blind?

a repost of what i wrote as a wrong answer to an inquiry about room raid keys. the answer is actually about finding the books so here you go:

no they are out, just hidden :P

click on specialty at the top of the mall, not any of the drop down menus, just the speciality link, that should display the 13 and 5 packs for you

it is where nox keys also are, its also.. casused alot of problems on NC chat too.

otherwise here is a direct link too :)

http://ncmall.neopet...cat=#Speciality

mall_dd_adventure13pack.gif

leso_star.gifThe Case of the Missing King Adventure Book 13-Page Pack

mall_dd_adventure5pack.gif

leso_star.gifThe Case of the Missing King Adventure Book 5-Page Pack

13 page packs are 1200 NC

5 page packs are 500 NC

on sale through to 22nd march (retires the moment it turns 23rd march)

the bonus for activating each set of keys is Lulus Satchel you only get 1 per pack of keys but remember any unused pages are forfeited and you cannot redeem more than prize a day so doing 3 x 5 pks would get you 3 satchels but you would be paying 300 NC extra for 2 pages you can't use.

these are not readable books, and act the same way widgets and tokens work for wonderclaw and jubjub power bounce, in that they can be gifted through NC boxes, and need to be activated to be used, and disappear once you activate them.

I caved and bought and 13 pack. I hope there are some good prizes.

I kind of like the satchel on my ogrin (he's wearing it now if you want to look) and it looked good on my lab rat as a Quiggle too but I was sad that it's randomly huge on my draik :weird:

Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy the pack nearing the end of the DD and still get the prizes from each day?

I liked waiting to see what the prizes were and then buying my tickets, beating Lulu at whichever game, and getting the prize(s) I want.

(although I do understand why Lulu gave up on the games - she was terrible! ;) )

So basically... if I wait 10 days, then buy the 13 pack.. can I claim all the prizes from the days I "missed"?

What are these adventure books? And are they readable to your pet? If so.. I MUST ACTUALLY PURCHASE NC AHHHHHHHHH

No, they are not actual books to read to your pet - simply a "token" in the shape of a book :P

Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy the pack nearing the end of the DD and still get the prizes from each day?

I liked waiting to see what the prizes were and then buying my tickets, beating Lulu at whichever game, and getting the prize(s) I want.

(although I do understand why Lulu gave up on the games - she was terrible! ;) )

So basically... if I wait 10 days, then buy the 13 pack.. can I claim all the prizes from the days I "missed"?

according to the FAQ

Can I claim prizes for days that have passed?

Yes, you can claim prizes for days that have passed. Please keep in mind that if you claim a prize it does not mean you claimed the NC prize awarded that day. Once you claim a prize you will receive the prize awarded on the following day in your inventory.

So, yes, you can claim prizes for days that have passed. Apparently I should have read that before getting all 13, I probably would have been happy with 5, oh well.