A few restocking questions

pokersmoker

Okay so i have been playing the role of a "Restocker" now for a few months, I started with around 3.5 mil maybe and its going down down down partially from me making the stock be able to hold 410 items.

• Issue #1 I use Uni's clothing shop as one of my restocking locations(I only know of 4....) and I get items that are worth alot but noone EVER buys them i'm not sure what to do. If I could sell them I would actually be making a good amount of money
  • Issue #2: I don't know where the best restocking shops are and how I should put them in my shop, 1 item at a time, 2, 10?
  • #3 I just need some general help guys i would be grateful if someone were to help me maybe through msn or somethign like that but I just want to get better, thank you!

About issue #1, make sure to be the lowest on the shop wizard, or at least the lowest in your page - your shop shows up with other usernames that start with C-P.

Example of something you overpriced: Lupe Grandma Slippers (lowest on Super Shop Wizard is 3,700NP, your price is 18,500.) It will never sell!

I find that stamps shop is a good place to restock, but you need to remember the junk items. Chocolate factory is also good.

In general, I think shoes are not worth being restocked so much at Unis Clothing. If you see a bunch of items, don't go for the shoes first. :P

Clothing is hard to resell, so you should probably head for another shop.

I'm not that fantastic at restocking myself, but the first thing to do is to make sure you're actually RSing decent items so that you can make a profit. Buy items that there are only a few of whenever the shop you are at restocks. Use an item database to cross reference and make a list of items to look out for, or memorize those that are worth a bit. You're best to start off in the book shop or the food shop, as you will almost always make a small profit there, and people are always looking for books. I would not recommend trying the magic shop until you are very confident - it's the most populated shop where it comes to restocking and you have to be lightning fast to get anything. The Post Office is another high traffic (but very profitable) shop.

If you can, try restocking in the book and food shops between the hours of 12am - 6am NST, as the site is likely not as busy between those hours, especially on weekdays. Let me know how it goes.

Profiting from restocking definitely doesn't happen overnight. I've made some amazing profits off the clothing store but it takes a while for it to sell. I try to price it lowest on the super shop wizard, or as low as I can while making a good profit. As long as they're priced low enough then somebody will buy it eventually. The places I like restocking are books (and booktastic), post office, and clothing.

I've had an issue with the clothes shop. Anything worthwhile that restocks is r90+ which means you'll have to wait *forever* for it to RS, and then there's the issue of someone actually wanting to buy a species-specific wearable. So basically it's a long, sad waiting game. I stopped RSing there many moons ago, I just couldn't handle the wait time.

Anyway, I think a few decent shops are the coin shop, stamp shop and sea shells for a decent profit. Books, various food stores (bakery, food, slushie, etc.) are also pretty good places to catch a good RS. Slower shops include specialty food stuff (healthy food, spooky, icy foods, etc.) which don't RS as often but RSes are pretty easy to spot. I really don't advise going to the magic shop to RS because 1) everything goes by SUPER fast, and 2) most MPs are hard to sell and you're likely to only get reseller offers from them.

About selling, yeah what everyone's been saying. Keep refreshing the shop wiz to find the lowest prices. It'll get rid of things a lot faster. Advertising on the trade boards might help too.

As for general RSing tips? Get used to your keyboard, have your left hand on the number keys and your right on your mouse - repeat numbers as fast as you can (for example the asking prices is 1244, punch in 1212 instead). Also get used to pressing space when you're haggling so you don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the page. As with most things, it's all about practice!

You definitely don't have to RS at magic or a super fast shop to get a profit. I don't make as much as others would RSing at food and books, but before Habi I made a decent profit - enough to notice.

I've tried more profitable shops, but I just don't have the patience to wait forever for a restock... dang my impatience.

I hear stamps, coins and shells are really good though, I'm gonna start trying those soon.

Basically, if you pick a shop and stick with it so that you learn what's profitable, you'll make money.