Side Accounts - storing nps/items

muppetelle

Hoping you guys can give me some advice, I was thinking of transferring a bundle of money to my side, just in case you know, not to spend, not to do anything with, just to store in case anything happens to my main.

Are we allowed to do this, is there any limit on how much, can we have a bank account on a side, or would I have to store it all in inventory (or my pocket or wherever it is when it's not in the bank?)

I don't want to do anything dodgy by accident :O

Or would it be better to move an expensive item, that would sell? Worry would be that the item would decrease in value.... :S

Thanks in advance :)

You can use your side account to store things...

However, make sure to never collect your interest on a side account (that would fall in the category of "making money".)

Personally, I keep expensive items on side accounts. :P

Great question! I've been reading way too many reports of people's accounts being hacked/frozen and was wondering what to do to protect my joy. Good idea about transfering items to the sides, that way you can keep collecting the interest.

Along the same lines - if I keep logging in and out of the two accounts, does TNT track that? What about sharing computers with other people in the house? I read somewhere that they track the kinds of things you do to see if you're the same person - BUT I taught my husband what I do each day (dailies, kass basher, fashion fever), so he basically does the same ones... will they freeze both of us?!

You're fine to do it. I think the main thing with side accounts is making sure you don't play games or do site activities to earn more than your share. I store the majority of my NPs on a side account. I personally see no problem with collecting interest on them, as I would do so anyway if they were on my main account.