Music: on or off?

Bubbleline

I find that playing the games with the sound on make me more tense and less likely to score high because of that. When getting the Cooty Wars score today, having the game music on made me do horribly, but muting the music and turning on my own relaxed me a bit and helped me score pretty high :) What about you guys? Does it help to have the game music on or muted? Does having your own music help you or distract you? I wanna know! :O

Hehe, the music can get a little nerve-wracking (I'm looking at you Meepit Juice Break). The cheery repetitiveness almost seems like it's mocking you after a while...teasing because it knows you will never get that high score...*sob*

I always either play my own music, or play games while I'm watching television. Sitting in silence makes me feel way too 'on edge,' and playing the game music tends to annoy more than anything else. If it's something I'm doing for a score — like Daily Dare — I need music, but if it's something I'm doing for the points, I do it while I'm watching TV.

i usually let it play for a bit, but i get fed up with it fast.

i always turn the sounds off when i'm playing dailies for that reason. new games i'll play the first game with sound and after that, it takes a few more games for me to turn it off :) i usually then have whatever tv show i'm watching playing instead as i still have not bothered to re-create my itunes library after i got the new computer :P

on real games i.e. console pc i have the music on along with sound effects as it improves game playing ability but on flash/ds games i turn it off because its normally annoying as hell and really bad quality granted some games are an exception but i'm sure flash game makers don't understand how annoying their music and sound effects can get.

Congrats, Evil Bunny! You have learned the power of MUSIC! lol

:laughingsmiley:

Thanks! To my surprise, the power of MUSIC actually helps me to concentrate better (at least in Cooty Wars)! :laughingsmiley:

Funny enough, when playing console games or real pc games, music distracts me (unless its an rpg).

I always have the sound off pc, because my son will mostly be watching TV/playing/talking to me whilst I'm on the pc, so it wouldn't only drive him bonkers but me too! Even if he's not about tho, or hubbie, I still have it off, the music drives me potty :whistle: :weird:

Listened to my own music while doing today's challenge. Never played Gwyl's Great Adventure and I'm glad. Stupid glitch where you can't go to the next level sometimes almost drove me crazy, but I got it. With the power of Music, mua hahaha!