Sword of Ari

Sword of Reif

Magical Marbles of Mystery

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield

Hanso Charisma Charm

Greater Healing Scroll

Green Sticky Hand

Shooting Star Muffin

I kinda know I need to change the last 4, but to what? I'm in the process of obtaining a Ghostkerbomb, but what's next?

- A better healer costs a TON [bag of Healing Dust listed for 20 mil on TP when it's probably worth 10-12, Jade SS - 85 mil or LEV - 48mil]

- A better sticky hand perhaps? - what do you guys think about sticky hands in battling? - I personally don't think they're absolutely necessary

- A slot for downsize / think smoke bomb?

- I find myself lacking a fire blocker which really annoys me sometimes?

- Many if the item sets I've looked at don't really have space for a dual duty item, which I think are amazingly useful esp Hanso's for the full dark blocker - Should I keep one on?

Healing right now would probably depend on your pet's stats. You can look at Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic for 75 HP or even Velm's Healing Potion if you have a lot of HP. Also, don't overlook the faerie abilities Regeneration and Restore.

I personally don't see the use of stealers in 2P unless your opponent is not aware of stealing and places something good in their first slot (even then, they'll learn quickly). You can replace that with Ghostkerbomb.

Downsize! works wonders in battles. You should definitely have Downsize!, Thyoras Tear, or Thick Smoke Bomb in your set.

Slippery Floor Potion is a great one-use item that defends both water and fire and attacks. You can equip one of these if you know your opponent loves fire.

I think you should keep the Hanso Charisma Charm. It is great against many weapons and very cost-efficient. :)

I prefer crisp blue tunic if you have less than 300HP. It drains 100HP and heals you 100HP at the same time with even a few defensive icons. Not to mention it's unblockable. Yup, you can never go wrong with a gbomb. As to fire, I use reflectors. The clawed shield is fine for 60-80% reflect. But if you want to fully block (even reflected icons) then the only multi-use full fire blocker there is is the frozen cyodrake shield. If you do get one, I think you should drop HNMS and change it to maybe Ftab/Gshield. Also, as crimson said, drop the stealer. And get a downsize!/ttear/tsb. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. Totally overlooked Regeneration, or reflectors for fire

My pet's just below 200 for all stats - probably hitting the next boost in a couple of days [codestone / kitchen quest training], so I guess I can keep healers on the backburner for at least a couple of weeks. Crisp Blue Tunic sounds amazing though.

I'm horribly looking forward to the next plot, but I'm guessing the next one will probably be way after this year's Altador Cup.

I guess I'll -

i) Forget sticky hands - Replace with Ghostkerbomb

ii) Probably keep Hanso's - the full dark blocking is definitely too awesome to give up

iii) Stock up on a few Thick Smoke Bombs

iv) Probably get a Faerie Tabbard / reflector for fire

I quite like the idea of the Frozen Cyodrake Shield but i) it's horribly expensive and ii) it doesn't look like it can function alone as a shield, unlike HNMS which has pretty decent type coverage imho

What do you guys think about the Sword of Reif / Ari combination?.. Should I be looking into PCC / Kelpbeard's Trident?

I like ari, but not so much with reif. I've been in high league battling and most players bring glowing cauldron and all those fire reflectors. I prefer KBT despite the existence of Ftab. Also, you forgot about having a decent healer. CBT is perfect for you since you are just under 200HP.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice again!

After some work, here's my new set. I'm starting to really like reflected icons - thinking about saving for a Glowing Cauldron

Sword of Ari

Sword of Reif

Magical Marbles of Mystery

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield

Hanso Charisma Charm / Slippery Floor Potion / Turbo Flame Reflector - the better reflectors just don't seem to be on the market :(

Jade Scorchstone - decided to spend the money in the end :X

Ghostkerbomb

Thick Smoke Bomb

I had CBT for awhile but I found it quite annoying having to plan it such that you've lost 100 HP and your opponent still has at least 100 HP left, especially since one attack could easily do over 100 damage. Perhaps I'll give it a shot once I hit about 300 HP. Perhaps I'll feel more comfortable doing it with that buffer

I've been doing 1p for like the longest time and decided to start on 2p about just over month ago.

Initially gave myself about 110 mil to play around with to leave myself a comfortable amount of money left. I'd probably go for Thyoras Tear if it were on the market but it's almost impossible to find.

LEV is going to be quite a bit cheaper than jade, but jade may possibly prove to be an investment. but thats a maybe. I would buy a HRoT just in case you want one. but you could buy LEV and TTear if you wanted them both. TTears are always being sold (more frequently than jade SS i feel)

Yeah. Decided to get Jade SS because it was one of the items that was I really wanted when it first came out, and I couldn't afford it back then :X ... Same with Monoceraptors Claw - it was like 24 Mil in the HT when it was still around - but now it's like 250+.. definitely can't afford to shell out 250 - 280 mil .... Managed to get the Jade SS at 55.. and LEV's are selling at about 45 to 48 atm so that's not too much of a loss?

I haven't been actively looking for a Ttear probably because I'd be spending a huge chunk of the NPs I've got left - if I'm not wrong Ttear goes for about 65+ right now. I've just been looking out in the forums / trading post when I can. I probably go for it of the opportunity comes up though.

Worth noting if you have the nps to afford a jade scorchstone or TTear (around same value) then the interest you would make on having that amount of pure in the bank would allow you to buy at least 1 jade elixir or thick smoke bomb a day to battle. Since 2p battling isn't a common everyday thing, you'd probably be better off just collecting on interest if you're in the situation where you can just afford the items but as a single item they take up more than 1/2 of the value of your set.

Also I would highly recommend having 3 offensive weapons. If your opponent has a shield/reflector against one of your 2 weapons or is a pteri (where 40% of the ari sword is reduced) or both (worst case and a reason why there are a lot of pteris) then you are going to have a hard time winning. Consider one more anagram sword. I personally think tawre is the best though kelpbeards trident is 2m cheaper though I like the overall icons of the sword of tawre as a 3rd weapon.