Careers

Naamah D.

I finish up my Literature major next April and am working on applications for overseas ESL teaching as well as internships in the publishing industry. I've just decided to apply for everything and then decide what to do with myself when I see what offers I get. Right now, I currently work as a retail slave during the summer and holidays and am working on starting up my own online jewelry store.

I read that you're from Canada, is it as bad as the US at the moment?

It's not quite as bad here as in the States (at least, around where I live). I find Canadian schools (again, at least around where I'm from) have a lot of programs designed around helping graduates find work, which is awesome.

It's not quite as bad here as in the States (at least, around where I live). I find Canadian schools (again, at least around where I'm from) have a lot of programs designed around helping graduates find work, which is awesome.

That's good! I live in Australia where things are generally good but I am currently unable to find a part-time job =( I used to be a waitress but I am 24 and in Australia most waitresses are only around 18-21. At my age most people have moved on to other things. I hope to find a graduate job once I've finished my studies in June.

This is also awesome! I love cooking, baking, anything to do with food. Do you prefer pastry stuff over culinary?

I was always the one munching on a chocolate bar in my culinary classes :P I actually enjoy working with chocolate/sugar a lot, making candies and confections. One day I want my own sweet shop, but it's definitely helpful especially in this job market and a restaurant setting, that I'm able to fillet a fish just as well as I can make a chocolate tart :) Mmm...chocolate tart...

I honestly have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. Possibilities include Musician, Songwriter, Writer, Scientist/Inventor, Professional Mind-Game player (Like Chess), Mathematician, among lots of other things I'd like to do and would be good at.

I currently have 2 professions, one is a just a team leader (first ever job of 8 years, so getting kinda sick of it right now). 2nd is a Decorator.

My job plan for 2012 is to get into internet marketing, most of the people in my friends group are already doing it. So by mid 2013/2014 I should hopefully be out sourcing alot of th work and spending my time traveling.

I decided I'm going to try to get a job at my grandma's pizza shop before I go to college, so hopefully she'll have a spot available for me. ^^ I've worked there a few times and it was real easy so I figure I should do that if there's an available spot until I can give lessons again.

I don't have a job just yet, but in the near future (in a few months) I'd like to be working at either a grocery store or a cafe. Those are probably the most realistic options out there for me.

However, in the far future (after I graduate college, move out, all that stuff) I'd like to be teaching US History.

Well right now I'm still in highschool, but I am going to apply for jobs after spring break is over lol and one day i hope to be a physicist or something along the lines of math and science. ^_^

High five! :D Science is definitely the best.

I was always the one munching on a chocolate bar in my culinary classes :P I actually enjoy working with chocolate/sugar a lot, making candies and confections. One day I want my own sweet shop, but it's definitely helpful especially in this job market and a restaurant setting, that I'm able to fillet a fish just as well as I can make a chocolate tart :) Mmm...chocolate tart...

Mmm. Owning your own sweet shop would be awesome; I love going into little locally owned chocolatiers or candy shops, they're adorable. ^_^ I can see how both skills would come in handy, though! Did you have to take separate schooling for both, or do they teach you everything in one program?