Ghostly Petpets and Ghastly Insects

Emily

I am useless in this game. I'm on a lap top. Once the letters switch it's pretty much game over for me... I feel like I'll be lucky to get Abigail today... Ugh...

Edit: Well for all my complaining I went right over and beat Abigail. lol Just leaned a little and tilted my lap top when the controls switched. Good Luck everyone!

I am being a VERY lazy Neopian this Daily Dare, mainly due to rl constraints, but there is NO way I could have beaten AA today on a laptop, with no wireless keyboard in the house, so I'm glad that I had already opted for Abigail a couple of times, and therefore was happy to opt for her again, the keys that you use if you have no number pad don't line up properly, they're not directly under each other, like they would be on a number pad, I found it really hard, but have beaten Abigail *phew*

Don't forget to ROTATE your keyboard when the controls change (so Escape is to your body). You can make it so they will face the same way and you can hit the keys like you normally would.

When it rotates again, remember that up is down.

You can beat AAAs score. Just keep practicing to get used to the control switch and having your keyboard be in a wonky position for a few rounds.

Play until you get a lot of coins/chests because I got the score before the second switch came around.

That is the advice I followed and after I got the game to actually work, I knocked it out in a few minutes. Messed up once by laying my arm on the keyboard after I rotated. HAHA!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

I'm going to need to this. I'm stuck with a laptop as well... I need to get an outside keyboard to hook up or I will be taping my keyboard.

HEY! I found it is ten times easier to just place your pointer and middle fingers on your left hand over the Y and B keys and then the other hands pointer and middle fingers over the I and M!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit your previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

:jerrypteri: On the Daily Dare page, where it says your score and AAA's score, it says "level". AAA is at Level 336, and I'm at Level 392. Man, I survived a LONG time, apparently!

...The smiley is unrelated. I just found it while looking for a laughing smiley, and I liked it too much not to use.

I wonder if they accidentally put in the "level" stuff because they're going to do a challenge tomorrow that's by level rather than by points. They've done Habitarium before; that's what initially got me to start a Habitarium, and I'm glad they did it. Maybe there will be a Habitarium challenge tomorrow. Or maybe it will be Cellblock, and you have to be up to a certain level. Something like that.

aaa.png

Thank you all for your tips and sharing your laptop-related frustrations! There have been a number of games this year that I've hated because of my trackpad, and the lack of a number pad nearly caused me to break my AAA streak on this game without even attempting the score, but with everything everyone posted I was able to get 338. And probably never play this game again. :)

...LOL Xepha xD

I resolved to beating Abigail today. The controls are so awkward on my laptop and after a long day I don't really feel like going after AAA. I normally have no problem with a regular keyboard. Unfortunately mine is about 10,000 miles away...

The game is still bugged, in addiiton to stinking in every other way. I could not get it to clear the start screen when I hit [space] while I had the number key option selected. I had to switch it to letters before it would even let me play. That would have been annoying enough without their lousy choice of keys. [bNM] rather than [NM,] is way more awkward.

I still beat AAA's score and got the bonus (thanks to the extension of the deadline), but I can't think of any way they could have done a better job of reminding us that they fail at making flash games.