Ghost Bopper won't recognize my keyboard...

corgi

No matter what I do, change browsers, reboot, start with numpad off and THEN turn it on, and vise versa, it just won't register. It's starting to infuriate me.

I go to play, and when I press the space - after I checked to see if my numpad was on, it still won't let me play. Help?

It's happening to me too. I've switched from number to letter controls and even num locked my number keys but it still won't work for me. When I'm using the letters, some of the keys won't function in the game.

Doesn't work for me, either -- I've tried playing it before with no luck and was really hoping this game wouldn't be selected for daily dare. :( I guess I'll have to sneak on at the university and see if I can beat the challenge. I don't want to end my streak!

I had this same problem. If you're on a laptop, it won't work. Use a desktop computer and it should work if not then try switching browser on the desktop computer. I also had the problem where one grave keeps slamming down like the key is stuck, if you get that just hit the same key again and it will free up.

As a laptop player, I UTTERLY despise this game. It's confusing, it's annoying, and it wasn't registering my space bar until I switched to use the letters, which was very difficult.

I don't comprehend why TNT picked this one. Some people on the DD message board state it's the best game to fight off the insults to it, but I find it boring and silly. Why do I want the challenge of using a number pad reversed to smack things? Where's the pleasure from just normally aiming and slapping them? Also, I found it confusing that the ghosts only vanished after you had hit them! I needed more of a notification that I had gotten them.

Sorry about that, perhaps try a different computer, then?

TNT posted a message about the Ghost Bopper issues on their official board:

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 - 11:08 am

Greetings Players,

We are aware of the issues with Ghost Bopper and the num lock and we are looking into it and working to fix it ASAP. There are a few things that have worked for some of the players that are experiencing this problem that you might try until this is fixed:

1) Challenge AAA or Abigail before playing

2) Switch over to the letter setup

3) Use IE

Your Meepit Balancing Fix-it Team